Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FANTASY FOOTBALL 2010 **Draft Times in OP**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The big problem with 16 teams is that any team with injuries will really suffer as there won't be much depth and there won't be anybody worth picking up either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

eagle eye wrote: »
    The big problem with 16 teams is that any team with injuries will really suffer as there won't be much depth and there won't be anybody worth picking up either.

Having played in a 16 team last year I tend to agree 16 is too many but things I did like was that it made people trade more and pay more attention to their teams.

Bye weeks and Injuries will definitely affect people for sure but those who are smart enough will find someone to replace that injured party even if it means scoring minimal points. One thing a 16 team league does also is spread out the top players and makes people think about their drafting.

I think for now though having 16 involves more people here and hopefully will encourage more to post and keep the board active during the season.

I suppose give it a trial run this year and if it doesn't work we can change it back next year.

On a side not anyone interested in a paid keeper league let me know myself and couple of buddies are thinking of setting one up. Seperate to Boards of course but all welcome. It will be a 12 team league.

I suppose give it a trial run this year and if it doesn't work we can change it back next year.
    Yeah, as I said earlier I'm not against it, just pointing out things that people should be aware of.

How many was in the espn one last year? Or was it the bigger bench that left the waiver wire very dry?

Yeah, as I said earlier I'm not against it, just pointing out things that people should be aware of.

How many was in the espn one last year? Or was it the bigger bench that left the waiver wire very dry?

Yup 16 in that one also but espn have a 7 man bench or something ridiculous as far as I can remember so people left quality en mass on their benches. Im going to cap the NFL.com one at 5 reserve players me thinks to keep the player pool fresh. What you think?

Yup 16 in that one also but espn have a 7 man bench or something ridiculous as far as I can remember so people left quality en mass on their benches. Im going to cap the NFL.com one at 5 reserve players me thinks to keep the player pool fresh. What you think?
    Fully agree with that, it means that at least there is a chance to pick up somebody if you get really unlucky and lost a couple from one position.

Fully agree with that, it means that at least there is a chance to pick up somebody if you get really unlucky and lost a couple from one position.

Cool I was half tempted to suggest a 4 man bench. Making people stay active and make sure their teams are up to date and leaving somewhat of a better player pool.

Folks 5 man bench

or

4 man bench that is the question.

Guys these are the 16 for the Premier League:

The man to replace the extra spot in Oatsey23. He crept in by a few hundred more posts. And as he played in the Div 1 last year makes sense to bring him up as a 5th team.

Premier League
    Xavi (Winner Last Year) - West Coast Coolers
    Open Spot to be decided (Neill3030 relegated)
    dodge - Inchicore Warriors
    The Dazzler - Leitrim Gaels
    Karlusss - Blanch Rams
    Trippie - Mehtastic
    jdivision - Better than the lions
    bobby wade - bluecollarbears
    Tallaghtoutlaws - Boards Paddy Patriots
    Kev s88 - Porto Jags
    Eagle Eye - eagle eye patriots
    Raddo - Dolfans (Originally relegated but as Im a bumping to 16 and adding 4 he stays in.)

Added: These were the final 4 + Oatsey23 from Div 1
    Deccy 15
    Archmides
    F1 Dan
    Mr.Guappa
    Oatsey23

I will send a PM with league details to all those involved at some point over the next 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

would prefer less than 16 but will go with the majority. Go NFL never liked cbs

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sports_fan

Lightning Bolt, If needed I will happily take place of any of those players lost to the Prem Div.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Expressing my interest to join a Div 2, should there be one.

• Advertisement

To help out Lightning Bolts here is the list of Left over D1 guys and new guys wanting in:

Div 1
    its so easy
    lightning bolt
    Royal Seahawk
    Sydney Steelers
    TheHeadhunter
    chanandler bong
    Laces out
    Pat the Patriot
    Orizio
    sports_fan
    skeleton boy
    jonnyF

11 so far so 5 more.

Lightning if you confirm with these guys and get an accurate number. What I would suggest if you go over 16 do what I did originally to get the number you need. Length with boards+posts+plus time in here.

Registered just now and reading the points scoring. I like it, the scoring system is a lot better than the CBS or ESPN.

Drafting will be a lot different in this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

One thing that bugged me last year in Division 1 was that the waiver wire order reset every week, so the person who was last to draft always had first choice on the waivers. I was 1st to draft so obviously I was always at the end of the queue!

Can it be set up so that when you pick off waivers then you go to the back of the queue for the next week? I'm sure it worked like that in a league I was in previously.

Happy enough with a 16-team league, should make it more interesting I think.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    One thing that bugged me last year in Division 1 was that the waiver wire order reset every week, so the person who was last to draft always had first choice on the waivers. I was 1st to draft so obviously I was always at the end of the queue!

Can it be set up so that when you pick off waivers then you go to the back of the queue for the next week? I'm sure it worked like that in a league I was in previously.

Happy enough with a 16-team league, should make it more interesting I think.

No probs. Once the Draft is done I will set it to adjust so if you claim a free agent you go to the back of the queue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

No probs. Once the Draft is done I will set it to adjust so if you claim a free agent you go to the back of the queue.

Cool.. just joined there anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Dunluce Demons have entered :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Cheers for that tallaghtoutlaws, I only have limited access to boards the next month so please forgive me if I take longer than usual to reply. As many people can add their name to the hat for division one but obviously those from last year get preference and then as tallaghtoutlaws has said the ranking system will kick in based on length on boards/post count and time spent contributing to this forum!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Joined.

I think it would make sense for a 16 team league to have a 4 man bench. A 5 man bench would seriously weaken free agency for teams affected by injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 TomBrady007

To help out Lightning Bolts here is the list of Left over D1 guys and new guys wanting in:

Div 1
    its so easy
    lightning bolt
    Royal Seahawk
    Sydney Steelers
    TheHeadhunter
    chanandler bong
    Laces out
    Pat the Patriot
    Orizio
    sports_fan
    skeleton boy
    jonnyF

11 so far so 5 more.

Lightning if you confirm with these guys and get an accurate number. What I would suggest if you go over 16 do what I did originally to get the number you need. Length with boards+posts+plus time in here.

I was originally called Sydney Steelers but can't remember the password for my account. Let me join under this username instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

all signed up for the Prem :) looking forward to this kicking off now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

The Defending Champs are in. Notice the groups are already set too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Div 1
    its so easy
    lightning bolt
    Royal Seahawk
    Sydney Steelers
    TheHeadhunter
    chanandler bong
    Laces out
    Pat the Patriot
    Orizio
    sports_fan
    skeleton boy
    jonnyF

11 so far so 5 more.

Since i didnt see my name on this list and as a member of division 1 last year i'll confirm my participation now. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I'm available for Div 1, if there is a space left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭raddo

Dolfans signed up to Premier League!!
    Now just to try and avoid relagation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

I sucked last year but I'm interested in giving it another try.

• Advertisement

Div 1
    its so easy
    lightning bolt
    Royal Seahawk
    Sydney Steelers
    TheHeadhunter
    chanandler bong
    Laces out
    Pat the Patriot
    Orizio
    sports_fan
    skeleton boy
    jonnyF
    spongey1975
    donkeypokertour
    Dohnny Jepp

As Lightningbolt will be on and off for the next month I will keep an updated list for him.

Update:

Premier League
    Xavi (Winner Last Year) - West Coast Coolers
    Karlusss - Blanch Rams
    Trippie - Mehtastic
    jdivision - Better than the lions

League is nearly full just the 4 above to join up. I have set the draft date for the 28th of Aug at 5.30pm. We can change that once everyone has signed up. Will try to set a time and date the majority can be around for.

Xavi didn't win last year by the way, he won it the year before.

Xavi didn't win last year by the way, he won it the year before.

:D I noticed that last week but for some reason I keep copy and pasting it and not removing the winner bit. I kept copying and pasting it from last years thread :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Icepickle

Just wondering if my request to join has been missed?
    See my post on page 2 of this thread.

On a side note, IIRC, I was next in line on the reserves list last year but all places were signed up. So technically I have been waiting a year to join ;). Any chance this might be taken into account?

• Advertisement

Icepickle wrote: »
    Just wondering if my request to join has been missed?
    See my post on page 2 of this thread.

On a side note, IIRC, I was next in line on the reserves list last year but all places were signed up. So technically I have been waiting a year to join ;). Any chance this might be taken into account?

Div 1
    its so easy
    lightning bolt
    Royal Seahawk
    TheHeadhunter
    chanandler bong
    Laces out
    Pat the Patriot
    Orizio
    sports_fan
    skeleton boy
    jonnyF
    spongey1975
    donkeypokertour
    Dohnny Jepp
    Icepickle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

sorry havent had access sicne i moved to dallas so havent been keeping up. will play this year too although think i might struggle to get chris johnson, andre johnson and steven jackson all in the one team so might be a bit harder than before

Trippie wrote: »
    sorry havent had access sicne i moved to dallas so havent been keeping up. will play this year too although think i might struggle to get chris johnson, andre johnson and steven jackson all in the one team so might be a bit harder than before

Cool sent you a PM with the access details.

Our division was a cracker last year, not making the playoffs sucked but it was one hell of a season all at .500 or better iirc. I remember losing to Trippie I think it was with a score of 121.
    It was Trippie, Tallaght, myself and I'm not sure who else and it was the east too, as a Patriot fan it was good being in the east and it being the toughest.:D

Our division was a cracker last year, not making the playoffs sucked but it was one hell of a season all at .500 or better iirc. I remember losing to Trippie I think it was with a score of 121.
    It was Trippie, Tallaght, myself and I'm not sure who else and it was the east too, as a Patriot fan it was good being in the east and it being the toughest.:D

jdivision was the other player in our division. I thought at one point I was out of the running and my man Brett Favre threw me a fricking bone and scored over 30 something points in one of the weeks and got me rolling. I think I started with 3 defeats in a row and then boom #4 magic brought home my first win. That was an awesome division to be in such a nail biter to the end.

Edit: this might not be the case as Im half asleep but in my own head its magic.

Who did this? You Tallaght? Its class, is that Blue in the picture?:pac:
    *taken from the nfl site.
    nflff.png

Actually this is better.

nflff.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Who did this? You Tallaght? Its class, is that Blue in the picture?
    Ha! No, my hair is longer, brunette, with sun highlights from the beach and harbour.

Who did this? You Tallaght? Its class, is that Blue in the picture?:pac:
    *taken from the nfl site.
    nflff.png

haha yeah twas me but I wish I could say i took the pics though :D:D I emailed Blue's agent and got no response so I had to improvise :p:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭titans

Div 1
    its so easy
    lightning bolt
    Royal Seahawk
    TheHeadhunter
    chanandler bong
    Laces out
    Pat the Patriot
    Orizio
    sports_fan
    skeleton boy
    jonnyF
    spongey1975
    donkeypokertour
    Dohnny Jepp
    Icepickle

Heya Tallaght...don't suppose you know if theres any space left in Div1? I've had no time to keep an eye on boards over the past month. But I did declare my interest back in May on the thread.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Here's my assessment of Division 1 so far. There are still seven of last years division one that has not gone up to the premier. These are:

It's so easy - confirmed for this year
    Lightning bolt - runs the division
    Chanandler Bong - not confirmed yet
    Pat the Patriot - not confirmed yet
    pyjamarama - not confirmed yet
    Spongey1975 - confirmed for this year
    Donkeypokertour - confirmed for this year

There were changes between the list Tallaght has and the actual list that took place in last years division. Not sure if lightning will PM the unconfirmed 3 above to see if they are playing this year.

Going by this thread the following is a list (in order) of people who confirmed their interest in playing and the remaining places in the division should be taken from this.

Dohnny Jepp
    fisgon
    Frisbee
    sports fan
    orizio
    Dr Slurm
    bobo the clown
    Icepickle
    El Horseboxo
    Max Power 1
    titans
    leedsfan 88
    mattman iflaf
    Ravage1616
    JJ
    Jonny F
    skeleton boy
    TomBrady007

Out of your remaining list here is how I would pick them:

Dohnny Jepp - March 2010 All posts in AF Section

fisgon - july 2009 posts 160

Frisbee - nov 2005 12777

sports fan - Aug 2009 13 posts

orizio - nov 2004 posts 6288

Dr Slurm - jan 2007 192

bobo the clown - feb 2010 posts 41

Icepickle - oct 2008 posts 76

El Horseboxo - apr 2010 posts 510

Max Power 1 - jan 2009 posts 4472

titans - sep 2007 19 posts all in AF threads

leedsfan 88 - nov 2009 posts 142

mattman iflaf - aug 2008 posts 28

Ravage1616 - aug 2005 posts 503

JJ - jul 2001 posts 1166

Jonny F - dec 2009 posts 94

skeleton boy - july 2009 348 posts

TomBrady007 - low post count joined last year under Sydney steelers low post count with that name also.

Guys to me in bold are ones who are either on the site a long time with a lot of posts and guys even with small posts spend a lot of time in here and majority of their comments are in here.

This is my opinion of the remainder and based on my own memory. If I have forgotten a regular I apologise . :D

Update:

Premier League
    Xavi6 - West Coast Coolers
    Karlusss - Blanch Rams

Just 2 left to join in the Premier League.

I just noticed Karlusss hasn't been on Boards since the start of May. Does anyone know him outside of boards? How long should we give him to reply before bumping another Div1 player up to fill up the gap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Raoul

I'd be extremely interested in joining the boards fantasy football league.

:confused::confused::confused:

Having a healthy interest in hunky quarter backs does not make me a "troll", whatever the hell that is.

I demand to be allowed enter this league

Yeah because demading your way in will get you a spot :rolleyes:

Here you go I added you to the list again:
    Already in:

It's so easy - confirmed for this year
    Lightning bolt - runs the division
    Chanandler Bong - not confirmed yet
    Pat the Patriot - not confirmed yet
    pyjamarama - not confirmed yet
    Spongey1975 - confirmed for this year
    Donkeypokertour - confirmed for this year

Below is the list for Lightning to decide from. 7 needed to add to the list above:

Dohnny Jepp - March 2010 All posts in AF Section

fisgon - july 2009 posts 160

Frisbee - nov 2005 12777

sports fan - Aug 2009 13 posts

orizio - nov 2004 posts 6288

Dr Slurm - jan 2007 192

bobo the clown - feb 2010 posts 41

Icepickle - oct 2008 posts 76

El Horseboxo - apr 2010 posts 510

Max Power 1 - jan 2009 posts 4472

titans - sep 2007 19 posts all in AF threads

leedsfan 88 - nov 2009 posts 142

mattman iflaf - aug 2008 posts 28

Ravage1616 - aug 2005 posts 503

JJ - jul 2001 posts 1166

Jonny F - dec 2009 posts 94

skeleton boy - july 2009 348 posts

TomBrady007 - Formerly Sydney Steelers low post count. Joined last season. Made 20 posts max

What I suggest to those who dont make the Div 1 is one of you set up a Division 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Dublin Dynamo? :pac:

Orizio wrote: »
    Dublin Dynamo? :pac:

I'm going to enjoy manshaming your GAA apologist ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I'm going to enjoy manshaming your GAA apologist ass

Will you be doing this in the Official Planet Rugby NFL Fantasy League?

I have yet to decide if I want to invite a 'person' like yourself. Possibly if you kowtow and prostate yourself towards me in the coming months... ;)

Back to the NFL. There is a need for a Division 2, and I am happy to volunteer to set it up, or assist whoever wants to be administrator.

So far we have :

TomBrady007
    Sports Fan
    Titans
    Orizo-Goebbels

Any more interest out there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭leedsfan88

Back to the NFL. There is a need for a Division 2, and I am happy to volunteer to set it up, or assist whoever wants to be administrator.

So far we have :

TomBrady007
    Sports Fan
    Titans
    Orizo-Goebbels

Any more interest out there?

I'll be interested in that

leedsfan88

Advertisement