Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FANTASY FOOTBALL 2010 **Draft Times in OP**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Without doubt my worst week in NFL Oireland, 37-90. Benched Fred Jackson because of Pittsburgh's run defence so he decided to go and rack up big points through the air! He had Hillis and Charles so any chances of winning were minimal anyway.

A loss in LTTP, he had Bowe, Brady and fecking Maurice Morris with 19 points!
    You've now got the highest total in the league but you're bottom with me. That is actually gas :pac: Horrible for you though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

Up 40+ with Breaston going against Fitzgerald.

West Coast Coolers lost.

So a win puts me at 6-6 & top the division. Having a crap year with a crap team, pretty shocking to be still in with a playoff shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

SantryRed wrote: »
    You've now got the highest total in the league but you're bottom with me. That is actually gas :pac: Horrible for you though :(
    Not gas for me! :pac: Luck of the draw I guess, for some reason I tend to come up against the highest or second highest scorer each week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭davetherave

Terrible week for me.

I had AP(12) and Brandon Jackson(3) starting, and put Fred Jackson(21) on the bench because he'd be facing the Steeler D. He ended up getting more points than both of them together.

Had Crabtree, Lloyd(19) and Floyd(0) in at reciever and Derek Mason(14) and Eddie Royal(13)on the bench.
    The only thing I got right was Brady(37) over Orton(31)

My bench scored 79, My starters have 91 with Crabtree still to play. Need him to score 8 points for the win this week :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Still top of the Prem League after a close battle with Slinger Owls. The added bonus being that they're second in my division too, so I've now opened up a 2 game lead which should have me in good stead for the playoffs.

Comfortable win in NFL Oireland also over the team that was second in my division, so I've opened up a game lead there and look good for the playoffs too. Will be keeping a close eye on what punishment Andre Johnson gets though :(

Need a good game from Frank Gore tonight in the PPR League. 25 points needed for the win, Vincent Jackson cost me some much needed points, but I'll still be overall first regardless of what happened this week. Overall 2nd (and 2nd in my division) lost too so at least I havent surrendered any ground.

Likewise, he cost me a win in the Auction League. Ended up drawing 87-87! Annoying, one measly reception would have won it, but I've long since given up hope of the playoffs in that league.

Lost by 10 in the Paddy Patriots league thanks to 0 point games from Chris Johnson and Dez Bryant, and a lack of TDs from Big Ben despite 246 passing yards. Oh well, still good for the playoffs by some distance thanks to poor performance of the other division. Both best runner-ups will come from the division Im in it seems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Good weekend for me in LTTP and on a nice roll now. Despite Jackson and Branch sitting on my bench, ended up winning by a comfortable enough margin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm finished in the Prem League after losing this week. Was never gonna happen after firefox froze on me and I couldn't get on for the first two rounds of the draft.

Anyways I'm 10-1 in my money league and definitely in the playoffs which is good news. I'm 9-2 in my yahoo league with other Patriot fans. And I think I'm through in the Paddy Patriots league to the playoffs after winning to go 7-4-1. I've had awful trouble with RBs there with Jahvid Best getting injured after only a couple of weeks and not putting up good numbers ever since and Pierre Thomas also being out for a long time. I still have the third highest score in the league which surprises me. In the PPR league I took a chance on Sidney Rice and it cost me big time, I'm second to Archie in the division. I was looking at the playoffs there and it seems there is only a final which seems a little unfair. In the auction league I think I'm done, I still have Gore to play but I'm 19 behind. Its the end of the road if I lose there, if I somehow manage to win it then if I win out I think I make it to the playoffs but its highly unlikely. My opponent got 24 for the Chargers DST last night which has pretty much killed my chances.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm finished in the Prem League after losing this week. Was never gonna happen after firefox froze on me and I couldn't get on for the first two rounds of the draft.

Haha, that's classic :D Not so funny for you obviously :pac:

Haha, that's classic :D Not so funny for you obviously :pac:
    Yep, it was so cruel to come on and see Cedric Benson and Manning as my first two picks. I'd never take a QB that early and no way in hell would I have taken Benson.

Yep, it was so cruel to come on and see Cedric Benson and Manning as my first two picks. I'd never take a QB that early and no way in hell would I have taken Benson.
    Despite picking Manning in the first round of NFL Oireland, or did you have Firefox problems there too? :pac:

• Advertisement

Despite picking Manning in the first round of NFL Oireland, or did you have Firefox problems there too? :pac:
    Well that was a different setup, its only a 12 team league and I was picking last and first in consecutive rounds. In that situation the draft is a lot deeper so its a good thing to take a premium QB.

In a 16 team league you have to get a premium RB and WR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

To think that TD and all those Westbrook yards could have been Gore's.. urgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

After a fortunate/close victory over Spongey Bears in the NFL Oireland league i think i've managed to secure my spot in the Playoff's. Unfortunetly though, AP took a knock! But im hoping it's nothing to serious and that he'll recover, specially as my other two RB's are Jets pair Greene and LT!! Also Gates isnt exactly giving me confidence with his injury but he looked to be coming back to form near the end of the Colts matchup. All in all though, my first year playing FF so im just happy to be here!:D

After a fortunate/close victory over Spongey Bears in the NFL Oireland league i think i've managed to secure my spot in the Playoff's. Unfortunetly though, AP took a knock! But im hoping it's nothing to serious and that he'll recover, specially as my other two RB's are Jets pair Greene and LT!! Also Gates isnt exactly giving me confidence with his injury but he looked to be coming back to form near the end of the Colts matchup. All in all though, my first year playing FF so im just happy to be here!:D
    You should pick up Toby Gerhart if you can in case AP goes down. Just dump a WR who is not playing much for you or a second QB if you have one.

Might look for Westbrook, Gore just confirmed to be out for the season!!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭bobo the clown

D3PO wrote: »
    IM pretty fricken pissed off right now

last week I get second highest score and lose, this week looks like I will have the second highest score again and again will lose :mad::mad:

Hillis & Bowe both on the opposing team beating the crap outta me.

I think that was me you were up against. 154 points. Nearly all your players got td's and over 10 points. Will you make the playoffs.

I missed the draft and got Bowe Hillis and Arian Foster. Probably only would of picked bowe in later rounds but its working in my favour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

In the PPR league I took a chance on Sidney Rice and it cost me big time, I'm second to Archie in the division. I was looking at the playoffs there and it seems there is only a final which seems a little unfair.

Just noticed that myself today. I'm locked in a battle with New York Rebels at 8-4 each but he is top with a superior points difference. Three rounds left and i play him in the final round. Could be an interesting match to see who gets into the championship match.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Just noticed that myself today. I'm locked in a battle with New York Rebels at 8-4 each but he is top with a superior points difference. Three rounds left and i play him in the final round. Could be an interesting match to see who gets into the championship match.

I tried to make it a 4 team post season but because their was only 8 teams they wouldn't allow it! So I had to just go with a Championship Match. Was looking at that myself, could be interesting if we both go 0-2,1-1 or 2-0 and it all rides on the final game. It may as well be the AFC or NFC championship game. I just hope someone doesn't get eliminated by the tie breakers I'd love to see the winner of each divison be like 10-5 and the next to them be 9-6 or worse, none of the deciders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

In the auction league I think I'm done, I still have Gore to play but I'm 19 behind. Its the end of the road if I lose there, if I somehow manage to win it then if I win out I think I make it to the playoffs but its highly unlikely. My opponent got 24 for the Chargers DST last night which has pretty much killed my chances.

That would have been me...

9-3 in Division 1 now after a decent enough win, good effort from RB's and Brandon Llyod/Tony Gonzalez. Three of us in total have a 9-3 record, all up in the Premier next year barring a mircale for The Nastys or Ironsides.

Who's up for Relegation in the Premier?

Favre is gone from Divison One, two teams with a 4-8 record and two more with a 5-7 record.

• Advertisement

That would have been me...

9-3 in Division 1 now after a decent enough win, good effort from RB's and Brandon Llyod/Tony Gonzalez. Three of us in total have a 9-3 record, all up in the Premier next year barring a mircale for The Nastys or Ironsides.

Who's up for Relegation in the Premier?

Favre is gone from Divison One, two teams with a 4-8 record and two more with a 5-7 record.

Here are the standings in the Prem League:

premstand.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

Did not know that you can't trade from now on.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Icepickle

Are the playoff positions in the Premier League setup that the 4 division winners advance? If so it will be a bit of a bummer for one of the guys in the North division on 9-3 as if they don't win the division they will be out even though they will have a better record than the West division.

Similar position in Boards Division 2. I currently lead my division on 10-2. 2nd place guy is 9-3 but only one of us will advance even though it's likely we will both have a better record than one of the other division winners.

Icepickle wrote: »
    Are the playoff positions in the Premier League setup that the 4 division winners advance? If so it will be a bit of a bummer for one of the guys in the North division on 9-3 as if they don't win the division they will be out even though they will have a better record than the West division.

Similar position in Boards Division 2. I currently lead my division on 10-2. 2nd place guy is 9-3 but only one of us will advance even though it's likely we will both have a better record than one of the other division winners.

It works pretty much like the real playoffs minus the Superbowl. 4 Group winners and the 2 best runners up advance. The 2 best group winners get a bye the first week, while the other 2 group winners play the two best runners up in the wildcard. The winner of each wildcard will then play a group winner in the semi final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Division One is set up as the group winners only. Can't change it now unfortunately. We'll have to have a recap at the end of the playoffs and agree rules amongst all involved for the next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Important this is the last week of Regular games. Week 13 that is.

Week 14 then is the QTR Finals 4 groups winners and 2 best runners up. The best 2 group winners get bye and the other 2 play against the best runner ups in the QTR final.

As it stands: This weekend could change the playoffs in a major way.

1 Dunluce Demons
    2 Ruan Raiders

Both get byes

3 Porto Jags
    4 Blue Collar Bears

Both face one of these

5 Oh look an eagle *Mad thing about these they are losing on points to Ruan and have a better record than other teams in playoffs.
    6 Slinger Owls

Note: We did this as there is 16 teams so it gave at least 2 best runners up the chance to fight for playoffs.

• Advertisement

Division One is set up as the group winners only. Can't change it now unfortunately. We'll have to have a recap at the end of the playoffs and agree rules amongst all involved for the next season.

I have the league set up the same. Can change it to the same but might be a bit unfair at this late stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

How many get relegated/promoted between divisions?

We should get all three divisions tables posted up here after the regular season so next season we wont have any confusion next season in setting up the divisions

As for me i'm stuck on 6-6 and mid table mediocrity. I'll be playing division one ball next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

i could do with a win against Ruan Raiders this weekend to cement my place in playoffs and possible boost me up a seeding spot. im 6-6 in my other 10 person league, currently in 4th seed, lets hope that holds up too :)

How many get relegated/promoted between divisions?

We should get all three divisions tables posted up here after the regular season so next season we wont have any confusion next season in setting up the divisions

As for me i'm stuck on 6-6 and mid table mediocrity. I'll be playing division one ball next year

Yeah, definitely, all divisions should be posted up here after regular season. I think that the 4 division winners should get promoted. And the four worst teams in the division get relegated??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I think that was me you were up against. 154 points. Nearly all your players got td's and over 10 points. Will you make the playoffs.

I missed the draft and got Bowe Hillis and Arian Foster. Probably only would of picked bowe in later rounds but its working in my favour

YEP it was you Bobo, every one of my players bar Defense and kicker made double digits for me.

Will I make the playoffs ? Who knows. Im now a game off top of the division after losing the last 2 with the second highest score in the 16 team league in both weeks.

Ive the second most points for season but currently Im missing a shot at the big dance.

Im probably going to miss out. The top team in my division plays 2 absent owners :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Got some email via TO saying he's not posting in the forum anymore or some shit and won't be running the fantasy football anymore. Anyone shed some light?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Its just as you said, he won't be posting here anymore, so won't be able to run the league. However, it's looking likely Lightning will be promoted from DIV1 so will be in the prem next year, so he can run that one.

IN the prem div, is it the 4 worst records, or the worst in each division that goes down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Got some email via TO saying he's not posting in the forum anymore or some shit and won't be running the fantasy football anymore. Anyone shed some light?

He Pm'd all the Mods asking us to ban him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

is this all to do with the fallout from the waiver wire issues in the Prem?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

kev_s88 wrote: »
    is this all to do with the fallout from the waiver wire issues in the Prem?

I wouldn't imagine so. That was about a month ago and was resolved in the fairest possible manner in the end, plus he has been posting here regularly since.

Eagle Eye ya bollix!! First you tell me to pick up Gerhart and i said i had a waiver in, then i replied to you saying i might go for Westbrook as well and you pick them both up!!!:mad:
    nelsonthreaten.gif

Eagle Eye ya bollix!! First you tell me to pick up Gerhart and i said i had a waiver in, then i replied to you saying i might go for Westbrook as well and you pick them both up!!!:mad:
    nelsonthreaten.gif
    I put in two waiver requests and got both. If you put in a waiver request for both you would have gotten one of them.

I put in two waiver requests and got both. If you put in a waiver request for both you would have gotten one of them.

I had to do one other re-jig so had them placed 2nd and 3rd respectively!
    I dont really care just thought it was funny when i went to your team and seen both players there cause you were the only guy i had half mentioned them too. Tis understandable you'd put a request in for them!

Prick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Strange one on TO alright. Trying not to be nosy but at the same time wouldn't mind knowing the reasons.

As for relegation, I don't think its even been discussed before as it didn't happen last year

It's got nothing to do with the waiver issue that popped up a few weeks ago. That worked itself out and we were going to look at it going into the new season next year. He has his own reasons for wanting to withdraw so it's best just respect his decision and move on. The leagues are fairly handy set up. I've managed the NFL Oireland one with relative ease, so I wouldn't mind running the Prem League one next year if nobody else is willing to do it. Whatever happens, as long as we keep the league running with somebody in charge, I don't mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭davetherave

Micheal Vick :(

I'm already down 32 points against my division leader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Lee Evans @ Vikes or Boldin @ Steelers.

Leaning towards Evans atm..

Freeman or Flacco????

Bah, I really wanna start Danario Alexander but can't justify dropping Mike Wallace or Calvin Johnson! :o

Sidney Rice on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Sidney Rice on the bench.

Started him :)
    I've had him since the start so hopefully he comes up trumps from here on during the fantasy playoffs
    Ryan Fitz on negative points at the moment - hopefully he has his customary strong second half

Last second line-up changes this week involved slotting Sidney Rice in palce of Dez Bryant, who looked very risky, and Rice has already delivered 96 yards and two TDs. I rightfully feel as smart as hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

In with a fighting chance in all 4 leagues. Confident of at least 3 wins. A good day from Tolbert/Nanee wuld help me get the 4th

I will make the playoffs in the Boards Division 2 if Holmes gets 32 yards!! COME ON HOLMES

• Advertisement

After going 5-0 in LTTP and leading every single week until right now I've managed to go on a 1-4 run and now there's going to be at least half the league on 6-4 or 5-5 going into the last week and a load of play-off place head-to-heads.

The irony of it all is I was fretting about Gore being gone and Bradshaw already being demoted, but Bradshaw delivered and it was Orton and my defence (the mostly impressive Bears) that sunk me this week.

Advertisement