Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FANTASY FOOTBALL 2010 **Draft Times in OP**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    My last two games were against Paddy Patriots and Eagle Eye Patriots but I don't know what order they were in.

Sorry Archie I mean Tom, what is your team name again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Sorry Archie I mean Tom, what is your team name again?

Dunluce Demons.

Going from Eagle Eye's summary of the previous weekend aswell, those are definitely the two teams I have yet to face. It's also the two teams Im up against at the moment so are you sure the league didn't reset it to the way it was before it was changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Dunluce Demons.

Going from Eagle Eye's summary of the previous weekend aswell, those are definitely the two teams I have yet to face. It's also the two teams Im up against at the moment so are you sure the league didn't reset it to the way it was before it was changed?

It had us all on byes so I just randomly made divisional matches. That way we will all have played 7 divisional matches. I knew it was me bs Sligo so I made that. Then I guessed your division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's an absolute joke. This weekend is the last weekend and it was shaping up to be a cracker. There was only one game between myself and eagle eye, and the winner would go to the playoffs. In the other division, there was only 1 game between the top two, so it was also up for grabs. Now this weekend is completely inconsequential.
    This weekend was not supposed to be the last weekend.

I was to play you this weekend and had another match the following weekend. You had to play me and then TO's team the following weekend. Just to get that right.

Personally I think its a lot fairer to have four making the playoffs.

eagle eye wrote: »
    This weekend was not supposed to be the last weekend.

I was to play you this weekend and had another match the following weekend. You had to play me and then TO's team the following weekend. Just to get that right.

All the same, it would still have made the last two weekends inconsequential such is the margin between the top two and bottom two in each division.

Of course having more teams in the playoffs is better, but four teams out of eight is far too much imo. That means half the teams taking part get to the playoff which is a bit silly. As I said earlier, hopefully it won't be a problem next year if we get more taking part in these gimmick leagues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

I'm in this league too, and I agree with Eagle Eye, four is not an ideal number for an 8 team league, but it's better than only 2 in playoffs.

I think I need to defend DonkeyPokerTour here a little. I think we need to be careful when we start accusing people of changing the settings just to suit themselves, as was directed at DPT. The truth is he send an email around asking people their opinion about the playoffs. It was a little last minute, but everyone had a chance to say what they thought. I'm for a 4 team playoff, as is EAgle Eye, and Clondalkin Raiders also went for 4 teams. Assuming DPT also has no objections, that's at least 50% of the league who backed the 4 team playoff. This is hardly one guy making a solo run and changing it to suit himself, so a little caution when making allegations about league managers is in order, I believe.

I know it's been changed back to 2 now, I don't feel incredibly strongly about it so I'm not going to make a big issue about it. But we need to get the facts before accusing people. I would also add that I have no problem with people outside the league expressing their opinion about the situation, but guys wading in when they don't have all the facts, as happened around post 1843, is not helpful.

fisgon wrote: »
    The truth is he send an email around asking people their opinion about the playoffs. It was a little last minute, but everyone had a chance to say what they thought. I'm for a 4 team playoff, as is EAgle Eye, and Clondalkin Raiders also went for 4 teams. Assuming DPT also has no objections, that's at least 50% of the league who backed the 4 team playoff.

Since when has 50% been a majority though?

There are tools to facilitate such discussions over in the league's homepage. There are custom polls, message boards, etc. The more problems like this comes up, the more you realise that a lot of people here don't have a clue about how to navigate these sites. It seems like people have just drafted their teams and left it at that. No one has bothered looking at the rules, the tools available etc. Why should those of us who were happy with the rules suffer now because you've decided 14 weeks into the season that you're not happy after all, just because you couldn't be arsed to look around and actually see how the league worked before it started?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

TBH lads, the completely OTT reactions by some here over this (and other minor squabbles) would make think about playing with some of you again.

Its a free fantasy league game. Its a bit of fun. Calm down

Dodge wrote: »
    TBH lads, the completely OTT reactions by some here over this (and other minor squabbles) would make think about playing with some of you again.

Its a free fantasy league game. Its a bit of fun. Calm down

Yeah it's a free fantasy league game, that some of us have put a lot of time into and don't want to see spoiled 14 weeks into the season. Yes its just a free game, but its apparent that some people have signed up to it not having a bloody clue how it works.

• Advertisement

Since when has 50% been a majority though?

There are tools to facilitate such discussions over in the league's homepage. There are custom polls, message boards, etc. The more problems like this comes up, the more you realise that a lot of people here don't have a clue about how to navigate these sites. It seems like people have just drafted their teams and left it at that. No one has bothered looking at the rules, the tools available etc. Why should those of us who were happy with the rules suffer now because you've decided 14 weeks into the season that you're not happy after all, just because you couldn't be arsed to look around and actually see how the league worked before it started?
    It would be actually more than 50% because I didn't respond to any email and I'm in favour of a 4 team playoff and I've been saying this for a couple of weeks now.

It would be actually more than 50% because I didn't respond to any email and I'm in favour of a 4 team playoff and I've been saying this for a couple of weeks now.

No surprise that it guarantees you a playoff place regardless of what happens the last two weeks.

No surprise that it guarantees you a playoff place regardless of what happens the last two weeks.
    I actually fancy my chances of topping the group. I think I'm very likely to win my last two matchups and there is a real chance you lose both.

Yeah it's a free fantasy league game, that some of us have put a lot of time into and don't want to see spoiled 14 weeks into the season. Yes its just a free game, but its apparent that some people have signed up to it not having a bloody clue how it works.

This is exactly the sort of thing I was talking about

This is exactly the sort of thing I was talking about

Ignore all my points and just leave a flippant remark. Top contribution Dodge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Eagle eye, you were part of the 4 (50%) that wanted the change. In general i'm against changing the rules of a competition whilst in the middle of the competition. For any football fans out there you only need to go back to FIFA changing the World Cup Playoff rules to suit the bigger teams and how much us Irish were annoyed at that.

With regards to this league i think whether its a division winners playoff or a 4 team playoff is irrelevant. In my division i will be playing DPT in the last week and if he beats me he is in the final and if i win i am in the final (assuming this weeks results are identical for both of us. That is basically a playoff situation. The same can be said about the Eagle Eye/Tom Brady division. They are playing this week and it could turn out to be a winner takes the division kind of match.

I think we should all forget about this, enjoy the battles over the next 3 weeks and may the best team win. This will all be forgotten once the Bears win the Superbowl. Gooooo Bears.

• Advertisement

Ignore all my points and just leave a flippant remark. Top contribution Dodge.

Its flippant, because in the grand scheme of things, these leagues mean nothing.

You posts here are pathetic. "OOOOooooh the guy in fourth might now beat me"

Who cares? If you win this competition, how will you be affected? You'll get a little sense of satisfaction for a minute and then what? You'll start off at the same level next year. You might have a right to bitch if the whole thing was pulled but all they've done is open the game up. If you're half the player you think you are then you'll enjoy the extra challenge

You're not the only one here, but seriously lighten up. IT IS A GAME

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Bullsh1t to change something half way through regardless of fairness. They should be changed in the off season.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

1352RM_display_image.jpg?1286908074

Hope you lads can solve your fantasy football
    problems without unnecessary roughness.

You know Blue, posting pictures of semi naked hot women every time we argue isn't exactly the best way to encourage us not to do it! :pac:

Eagle eye, you were part of the 4 (50%) that wanted the change. In general i'm against changing the rules of a competition whilst in the middle of the competition. For any football fans out there you only need to go back to FIFA changing the World Cup Playoff rules to suit the bigger teams and how much us Irish were annoyed at that.

With regards to this league i think whether its a division winners playoff or a 4 team playoff is irrelevant. In my division i will be playing DPT in the last week and if he beats me he is in the final and if i win i am in the final (assuming this weeks results are identical for both of us. That is basically a playoff situation. The same can be said about the Eagle Eye/Tom Brady division. They are playing this week and it could turn out to be a winner takes the division kind of match.

I think we should all forget about this, enjoy the battles over the next 3 weeks and may the best team win. This will all be forgotten once the Bears win the Superbowl. Gooooo Bears.
    No you don't get it. Whats ridiculous is that a team with a worse record than me could end up in the final even though I beat that team the two times I met them. This is why I believe there should be playoffs.

• Advertisement

No you don't get it. Whats ridiculous is that a team with a worse record than me could end up in the final even though I beat that team the two times I met them. This is why I believe there should be playoffs.

You do realise if I beat you this weekend, that'll be twice I'll have beat you in that league and you could also still end up in the final if we had it as 4 teams.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

You know Blue, posting pictures of semi naked hot women every time we argue isn't exactly the best way to encourage us not to do it! :pac:
    Hey! I thought this was fantasy football? ;) Besides, how else can I get your attention when the O is facing the D waiting on the hike?

Hey! I thought this was fantasy football? ;)

I just let out the most Alan Patridge-esque "God that's good..." :D

The whole NFL playoff system is the same way. There are currently 7 teams in the NFC with better records than the NFC West leaders and 2 of those teams will miss out on the playoffs. The same with the Pats when Cassel was throwing with them. Fantasy football should be no different. In the Boards Division 1 i am currently higher ranked than one of the group leaders yet he will get into the playoffs and i wont. I have no problem with that whatsoever. Its the luck of the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

The whole NFL playoff system is the same way. There are currently 7 teams in the NFC with better records than the NFC West leaders and 2 of those teams will miss out on the playoffs. .

This is true, and it's also completely unjust. There's a lot of people, and I don't mean on Boards, calling for a change in this format, and rightly so. The utterly mediocre Seahawks could make it in to the playoffs - and get a home game in the wild card round - conceivably with a record of 8-8, or even 7-9, while the Packers or Giants could easily get 10 wins and miss out. You'll hear a whole lot more about this when it actually happens.

Porto Jags has D-Mac on the bench. That's gotta hurt :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I had Turner on my bench :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Ugh, only in. Left Ben Obomanu in my lineup. Have Nicks available and he's benched... in fairness he lost Rogers after a couple of minutes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

DMac you sexy beast...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Ugh, only in. Left Ben Obomanu in my lineup. Have Nicks available and he's benched... in fairness he lost Rogers after a couple of minutes...

And tonight was a night i really needed him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Porto Jags has D-Mac on the bench. That's gotta hurt :o

you're right. it does hurt. a lot! i really thought the Jags run defense had been doing so well lately, and Run DMC was doing pretty poorly recently. thought leaving him out was a safe bet. he probably could have won me my playoff game on his own. :(

the only thing i can take from this is that my Jags won in the end, and a win against Indy next week almost assures them the AFC South :D and thats a pretty good consolation prize haha

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Over 74 points on my bench from 3 players in LTTP :rolleyes:

Still just need McCoy and AP to outscore Bradshaw to win and make playoffs...

i thought i was dead in the water last night in the Prem playoffs. up by 10 points with only the Cardinals game still going, ive got L Fitz and Hightower. when i went to bed Hightower had 42 yards. i wake up and hes got 148yds and 2 TDs. perfect :) ive got a 28 point lead and hes got Bradshaw and Cundiff on the bench. god things could've been so different if only id remembered to but Run DMC into my team! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭deccy15

kev_s88 wrote: »
    i thought i was dead in the water last night in the Prem playoffs. up by 10 points with only the Cardinals game still going, ive got L Fitz and Hightower. when i went to bed Hightower had 42 yards. i wake up and hes got 148yds and 2 TDs. perfect :) ive got a 28 point lead and hes got Bradshaw and Cundiff on the bench. god things could've been so different if only id remembered to but Run DMC into my team! :p

It's all irrelevant really KeV!! Even if u win your gettin your ass whooped next week!! :D

LTTP - On 92, down by ten points, he's all done and I've got Boldin to play. Big games from CJ and Witten helped me here. Disappointing game from Jenings or I would have had this in the bag probably.

Div 1 - 11 ahead on 57. He's all done and I've got Flacco, R. Rice and Boldin left to play. Left Pierre Garcon on the bench in this one :(

NFL Oireland - 73 points and ten behind. I've Vikings D and Boldin left (see a recurring theme here :pac:) and he's got Lee Evans. all I can say is thank God for McFadden...

deccy15 wrote: »
    It's all irrelevant really KeV!! Even if u win your gettin your ass whooped next week!! :D

we'll see ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

SSK wrote: »
    Over 74 points on my bench from 3 players in LTTP :rolleyes:

Still just need McCoy and AP to outscore Bradshaw to win and make playoffs...

It looked bad for me for an age there, but Bradshaw delivered me 15 points that should mean I'll Cincinnati Bengal (Bungal?) my way into the play-offs as bottom seed even after losing to you -- and going 1-5 in my last six games -- as long as none of a few active players that count go crazy in these last few minutes. I'd be happy just to make it at all at this point!

Frisbee wrote: »
    LTTP - On 92, down by ten points, he's all done and I've got Boldin to play. Big games from CJ and Witten helped me here. Disappointing game from Jenings or I would have had this in the bag probably.

NFL Oireland - 73 points and ten behind. I've Vikings D and Boldin left (see a recurring theme here :pac:) and he's got Lee Evans. all I can say is thank God for McFadden...

Boldin's disappointing week cost me my matchup in LTTP.

I lost in the NFL Oireland league after Boldin + Vikes D combined for 9.10 points... :(

Managed to claw my way into the play offs in 3 of my leagues last night. Lost in the Auction league but still finished top of the division with .500 record.

In the foot.ie league I'm joint top with another regular season week left. Guaranteed to finish No 1 or 2

In the saintsforum league I won with late points from Arien Foster and Ray Rice to grab the last spot (actually 3rd place but I was the only one in doubt last night).

Good to have an involvement this late

• Advertisement

Managed to claw my way into the play offs in 3 of my leagues last night. Lost in the Auction league but still finished top of the division with .500 record.

And your reward for that loss is a rematch with myself in the playoffs. I always hate playing the same guy in the playoffs that you just played the week before in the regular season, results tend to get reversed.

Ended up with a 7-7 record in Boards Division 1. Good luck to all in the playoffs there. Will post up the tables at some stage this evening.

All down to the wire in the PPR league, have a winner takes all match against DPT next week to get to the playoff final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Didn't make the playoffs in the Prem but had an 11-3 record in the NFL Oireland to cruise through and be seeded second (thanks to a winning streak of 8).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

A handy win in the first round of the Prem playoffs puts me up against Dunluce Demons in the semi-final - I should stroll that too!

And your reward for that loss is a rematch with myself in the playoffs. I always hate playing the same guy in the playoffs that you just played the week before in the regular season, results tend to get reversed

And TBH I had a few disappointing returns from Players I'd expect to rebound next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I'm out to Porto. If Greg Jennings had have caught that TD pass then I'd be in but I don't care cos the Lions won!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Didn't make the playoffs in the Prem but had an 11-3 record in the NFL Oireland to cruise through and be seeded second (thanks to a winning streak of 8).

Similar to me, 11 - 3 but a winning streak of 10.

And I'm playing the guy who i played in last weekends game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Disappointed I didn't get the highest points scored in LTTP, it'd have been some achievement to get it and finish last! But I was 4 points off. So close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Think I'm going to come unstuck in the LTTP Playoffs, especially if Aaron Rodgers is out for next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

Here is the final standing for the Boards Division 2:
    25qygqo.png

Inactive Teams:
    Ravs Savages
    Leinster Lions
    LA Gold
    The Unknown Musketeers
    Plex's Pistols

Here is the final Division 1 table. Gold Lion, Big Test Icicles and Favre were all inactive during the year

boardsdiv1final.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

missed the playoffs for my first time ever in Fantasy Football :mad::mad::mad:

Myself and Leedsfan despite having the second and third best cumulative scores over the season missed out in Div 2

• Advertisement
Advertisement