Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FANTASY FOOTBALL 2010 **Draft Times in OP**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Raoul

Count the Dundalk Oriels in please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Updated Prem and Div 1:

Prem: Kalusss hasn't been on since May any suggestions as to what to do guys?

Div 1: Leedsfan and Tombrady have decided to join the new div 2 so I have taken them off the list below. Lightning will create when he gets a chance and decide who gets in and who doesn't he plans to use the same system we already used for Prem to be fair to boards regualrs first after all this is a Boards league.

So its these:

Lightning bolt - runs the division
    Chanandler Bong - not confirmed yet
    Pat the Patriot - not confirmed yet
    pyjamarama - not confirmed yet
    Spongey1975 - confirmed for this year
    Donkeypokertour - confirmed for this year

Plus 9 from here:

Dohnny Jepp - March 2010 All posts in AF Section

fisgon - july 2009 posts 160

Frisbee - nov 2005 12777

sports fan - Aug 2009 13 posts

orizio - nov 2004 posts 6288

Dr Slurm - jan 2007 192

bobo the clown - feb 2010 posts 41

Icepickle - oct 2008 posts 76

El Horseboxo - apr 2010 posts 510

Max Power 1 - jan 2009 posts 4472

titans - sep 2007 19 posts all in AF threads

mattman iflaf - aug 2008 posts 28

Ravage1616 - aug 2005 posts 503

JJ - jul 2001 posts 1166

Jonny F - dec 2009 posts 94

skeleton boy - july 2009 348 posts

It's so easy - join July 2006 Posts 128 Majority of his posts in this Section. Generally comes on during football season it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

So its these:

It's so easy - confirmed for this year

Are you sure he confirmed for this year? His last activity according to his profile was 20-1-2010! Also their are not posts by Its so easy in this thread!

Are you sure he confirmed for this year? His last activity according to his profile was 20-1-2010! Also their are not posts by Its so easy in this thread!

Cheers Spongey1975 was the one who created this list. To be honest with you I never checked it and trusted he was right. Unless Spongey1975 knows him its safe to say he is no longer on the definite list.

Looking through his posts it seems he generally only posts during busy season. But for now he is bumped down to the maybe list. Lightning will be sending all a PM to confirm when he is back on.

Cheers Spongey1975 was the one who created this list. To be honest with you I never checked it and trusted he was right. Unless Spongey1975 knows him its safe to say he is no longer on the definite list.

Looking through his posts it seems he generally only posts during busy season. But for now he is bumped down to the maybe list. Lightning will be sending all a PM to confirm when he is back on.

"The Attack" happened on the 21st of Jan, so it may be possible he is now under a different username due to losing the first one! We'll await Spongey's response!

• Advertisement

"The Attack" happened on the 21st of Jan, so it may be possible he is now under a different username due to losing the first one! We'll await Spongey's response!

Good call forgot about that.

Found him and you were right:

Itssoeasy is his new username:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66131936&postcount=52

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

TomBrady007 banned.

I'm sure you can all find an adequate successor to oversee Division 2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Stickied thread per request.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Raoul

Updated Prem and Div 1:

Div 1: Leedsfan and Tombrady have decided to join the new div 2 so I have taken them off the list below. Lightning will create when he gets a chance and decide who gets in and who doesn't he plans to use the same system we already used for Prem to be fair to boards regualrs first after all this is a Boards league.

So its these:

Plus 9 from here:

Frisbee - nov 2005 12777

Dr Slurm - jan 2007 192

JJ - jul 2001 posts 1166

It's so easy - join July 2006 Posts 128 Majority of his posts in this Section. Generally comes on during football season it seems.

Can I not get my name added to this list?

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    Can I not get my name added to this list?

Yup Added to the list.

Updated Prem and Div 1:

Div 1: Updated list maybe. With 16 in D1 once Ligtning cleans up the list I will make a list for a D2 for all the others and someone on the list then can look after it.

With 3 leagues it will make promotion and relegation that more fun me thinks.

So its these already in:

It's so easy - now itssoeasy and confirmed

Plus 9 from here:

Frisbee - nov 2005 12777

Dr Slurm - jan 2007 192

JJ - jul 2001 posts 1166

Raoul: may 2007 posts 384

leedsfan:Nov 2009 posts 145

Just to add if anyone doesn't agree with the system let us know and maybe make a suggestion. The system was agreed upon last year as a way to give the regulars on boards first dibs and that includes the low posters who only post in the American football section. I am not trying to run the show as someone suggested but merely trying to keep it organised and fair especially for D1 until Lightning can get back on and sort it out.

Everyone will get to play Fantasy football. Have a good season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Just to clarify, these aren't keeper leagues, right?

Archimedes wrote: »
    Just to clarify, these aren't keeper leagues, right?

Nope no keepers wont work with promotion and relegation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Hey,

I've set up the league on nfl.com. Go to: http://boardsd1.league.fantasy.nfl.com to register and join the league. I've set the bench size at four. I've no idea if we're going to run all leagues on the same scoring/settings format, if so I'll change it back to a five man bench. I just think with 16 teams we be forced to trade more with a smaller bench. It also gives guys who might miss out on the draft a chance to strengthen their teams. I know last year there was one or two divisions in both leagues that had one team walk them with the second best team only finishing with a .450 record. The more competitive it is the better I say!

I've pm'd the following people:
    1. Chanandler Bong
    2. Pat the Patriot
    3. pyjamarama
    4. Spongey1975 - Spawn of Spongey
    5. Donkeypokertour
    6. itssoeasy
    7. Dohhny Jepp - Jepp's Fluffy Pink Bunnies
    8. fisgon - Stompers
    9. Frisbee
    10. orizio - The Ironsides
    11. Dr Slurm
    12. Max Power 1
    13. titans
    14. JJ - Gold Lion
    15. skeleton boy - Favre

Edit: I'm in as Clondalkin Raiders.

Please don't be offended if you're not on the list, I just followed the agreed upon format and there'll be a division two also so you'll get to play still.

I've asked all D1 users to post in this thread with their team name. I'll throw up a complete listing once done and for future years it should make it easier to track. Can one of the mods edit the original post once this list is complete!

I'll let someone do a fancy Division One avatar. First pick of the draft to whoever does the best one!

Divison Two Player List is now:

1. sports fan - Aug 2009 13 posts
    2. bobo the clown - feb 2010 posts 41
    3. Icepickle - oct 2008 posts 76
    4. El Horseboxo - apr 2010 posts 510
    5. mattman iflaf - aug 2008 posts 28
    6. Ravage1616 - aug 2005 posts 503
    7. Jonny F - dec 2009 posts 94
    8. Raoul: may 2007 posts 384
    9. leedsfan:Nov 2009 posts 145

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Thanks lightning bolt, but could you give me the exact league id? Having a hard time registering for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Spawn of Spongey has joined Boards Division 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

I've just registered for Division One (I got a bit excited there for a second, thinking I had slipped into the top division on my first year, until I realised that there's a Premier as well :-)... ). My team name is Stompers. Prepare to be Stomped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Anyone know who it's giving me an error message when I click on the link?

Anyone know who it's giving me an error message when I click on the link?

He has the league as a private and only members can see it. What you need to do is sign up/log in and then go here:

http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin?icampaign=Fantasy_invite

You will need the league Id and password which Lightning should be able to give you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Thanks for that.

Team Name simply, Favre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

He has the league as a private and only members can see it. What you need to do is sign up/log in and then go here:

You will need the league Id and password which Lightning should be able to give you.

Thank god for that link! :P

Jepp's Fluffy Pink Bunnies is me!

Everyone has been sent two pm's. The second one was after Orizio pointed out he couldn't find the league by the original link. To save confusion I've set the league to public now. Everyone has been mailed the password!

New York Rebels all signed up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Thank god for that link! :P

Jepp's Fluffy Pink Bunnies is me!
    Lmao at the name. Hilarious!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭JJ

Hi, I've signed up and my team is Gold Lion. I'm in Division 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sports_fan

Just to add if anyone doesn't agree with the system let us know and maybe make a suggestion. The system was agreed upon last year as a way to give the regulars on boards first dibs and that includes the low posters who only post in the American football section. I am not trying to run the show as someone suggested but merely trying to keep it organised and fair especially for D1 until Lightning can get back on and sort it out.

Everyone will get to play Fantasy football. Have a good season

Well I have a suggestion..I think those that have played in the division before should at least get picked over those with more posts! I played in Boards II league in 2008 as Lucan Liverbirds (theres a few on here that will recognise this division) but didnt get to play last year as my request was refused - the league was full. So technically I have been on the waiting list for a year now but still no dice?!

sports_fan wrote: »
    Well I have a suggestion..I think those that have played in the division before should at least get picked over those with more posts! I played in Boards II league in 2008 as Lucan Liverbirds (theres a few on here that will recognise this division) but didnt get to play last year as my request was refused - the league was full. So technically I have been on the waiting list for a year now but still no dice?!

Dude I am sorry you were skipped over.

To be honest with you I didn't know you played in 2008 and I didn't decide the D.1 teams Lightning did but looking through that list there is guys in that 2008 league that barely post in here or post at all so to Lightnings credit he followed our guidlines. When the numbers grew last year everyone agreed on on the system we use. The aim was to give priority to those on the American Football section, then those who are boards users and then everyone else.

At the time it was the only fair way of deciding who plays in the "Boards.ie" Leagues. 2008 was done on first come first served. I did believe last year and still believe rules had to be made to accommodate people.

Now the Premier League is down 1 man who has been inactive since May. If he doesn't come back on and respond to my PM soon I will talk to the other Prem guys and most likely his spot will open. When that happens the next in line D1 guy will be bumped up and Lightning will have 1 extra space. The best I can do right now is offer that extra space to you if it comes available. Again I am sorry you got looked over.

If the D1 space doesnt come available why dont you set up the D.2 league as there is about 10 names down already and I am sure more will come along before the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭titans

sports_fan wrote: »

In fairness to Tallaght Outlaws and Lightning Bolt...they are putting their own time in organising the Premier league and Div1 and keeping track of the teams to invite. And I think they are doing a bang-up job! Everyone else just sits and waits for them to do all the work. No matter which system they use to invite people to join the league, someone is going to get left out and feel its unfair.

The solution....how about instead of a Division 2 league...which implies "epic fail" and mediocrity!...we set-up a rival Boards league (in fact I already have)..."The Premier Conference". I'm sure the Premier League doesn't mind abit of healthy rivallry?

16 teams...4 Divisions...default rules and point scoring...Any interest / objections? Will post / PM password if theres any interest.

League ID 41483

-Titans

titans wrote: »
    In fairness to Tallaght Outlaws and Lightning Bolt...they are putting their own time in organising the Premier league and Div1 and keeping track of the teams to invite. And I think they are doing a bang-up job! Everyone else just sits and waits for them to do all the work. No matter which system they use to invite people to join the league, someone is going to get left out and feel its unfair.

The solution....how about instead of a Division 2 league...which implies "epic fail" and mediocrity!...we set-up a rival Boards league (in fact I already have)..."The Premier Conference". I'm sure the Premier League doesn't mind abit of healthy rivallry?

16 teams...4 Divisions...default rules and point scoring...Any interest / objections? Will post / PM password if theres any interest.

League ID 41483

-Titans

Just like the USFL and now the UFL you will fail trying to take us on :D:D:D:D

Fair play to you Titans good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 sports_fan

Now the Premier League is down 1 man who has been inactive since May. If he doesn't come back on and respond to my PM soon I will talk to the other Prem guys and most likely his spot will open. When that happens the next in line D1 guy will be bumped up and Lightning will have 1 extra space. The best I can do right now is offer that extra space to you if it comes available. Again I am sorry you got looked over.

Thats fair enough I guess. If the space doesnt become available then I will take up Titans offer and sign up to the other league

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭leedsfan88

has the division 1 list be decided?

Premier League
    1. Xavi - West Coast Coolers
    2. dodge - Inchicore Warriors
    3. The Dazzler - Leitrim Gaels
    4. Karlusss - Blanch Rams
    5. Trippie - Mehtastic
    6. jdivision - Better than the lions
    7. bobby wade - bluecollarbears
    8. Tallaghtoutlaws - Boards Paddy Patriots
    9. Kev s88 - Porto Jags
    10. Eagle Eye - eagle eye patriots
    11. Raddo - Dolfans
    12. Deccy 15 - Ruan Raiders
    13. Archmides - Dunluce Demons
    14. F1 Dan - Team Dan
    15. Mr.Guappa
    16. Oatsey23

Prem: All signed bar 1 who has been inactive since May.

Division 1
    1. Chanandler Bong
    2. Pat the Patriot
    3. pyjamarama
    4. Spongey1975 - Spawn of Spongey
    5. Donkeypokertour
    6. itssoeasy
    7. Dohhny Jepp - Jepp's Fluffy Pink Bunnies
    8. fisgon - Stompers
    9. Frisbee
    10. orizio - The Ironsides
    11. Dr Slurm
    12. Max Power 1
    13. titans
    14. JJ
    15. skeleton boy - Favre
    16. Lightning bolt

Divison Two Player List is now: Left over guys if you want to start a D2 or Join Titans Rival League

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,397 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Anyone else not able to find the league and join it ?

6 places remaining in division one after 24 hours. Should be full next couple of days.

Sports fan, myself and Tallaght could hardly have been expected to know that you played in a 2008 league. Different user name too unfortunately so neither of us would have known.

Division Two/Titans League will definitely fill up over the next couple of weeks. If we'd have used the same format as last year we'd already have four leagues by now by the way!

Divison Two Player List is now: Left over guys if you want to start a D2 or Join Titans Rival League
    10. jpjc05:Oct 2007 posts 23 (submitted request by pm)

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Second pm I sent yesterday will have the league ID. I've also set the league to public so should easily be found.

http://boardsd1.league.fantasy.nfl.com/league/40986/

Any help?

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Did you get Lightnings PM?

Easiest way I find with NFL.com to signup to any private league is this link.

http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/...Fantasy_invite

Edit: Just noticed Lightning replied :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

TO, If you want to edit in the team names to post 183, my team is Dunluce Demons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

I decided to kept it simple and unimaginative, Team Dan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

I'm in with "The floury baps of doom".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

11 out of 16 signed up for division one at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

The Wildcats have just joined Division 1

Frisbee wrote: »
    The Wildcats have just joined Division 1

High School Musical fan are we? :D:D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

High School Musical fan are we? :D:D:p

Simpsons fan:

"Who are we?"
    "THE WILDCATS!
    "Who we gonna beat?"
    "THE WILDCATS!"

Frisbee wrote: »
    Simpsons fan:

"Who are we?"
    "THE WILDCATS!
    "Who we gonna beat?"
    "THE WILDCATS!"

Touche :D

You could have also used Wildcats the movie becuase you fancied the arse off the young Golide Hawn :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bigDOAF

May I express my interest in joining the Division 2/Premier Conference league please.

Thanks and kindest regards.

bigDOAF wrote: »
    May I express my interest in joining the Division 2/Premier Conference league please.

Thanks and kindest regards.

11. bigDOAF July 2010 posts 1

Can you please amend that list and reverse the order to reflect the finishing positions at the end of the season.

Thanks and well wishes.

bigDOAF wrote: »
    Can you please amend that list and reverse the order to reflect the finishing positions at the end of the season.

Thanks and well wishes.

Done ;)

:p