Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FANTASY FOOTBALL 2010 **Draft Times in OP**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

Ha, was just about to post the same thing!! Im just glad it was a Rivers and Jackson combo cos in my other fantasy league playoff, I have the two of them.

Good start to our game though! Should be a battle. I had actually meant to put Jones in instead of Westbrook.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    V-Jax putting me in a great position in the Premier League playoffs. 21.10 points already. Bit of a risk throwing him in instead of Mike Wallace, but nice when it pays off like this :)

He finished on 29.2 points.. B*ll*cks :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Good - Rivers

Bad - V Jax on the bench :rolleyes:

Forgot to change my feckin lineup.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Good - Rivers

Unlucky, I was hesitant to put Jackson in, delighted now though:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

sorry if this is a really stupid question - but what happens at the end of week 16 in fantasy football - it's my first season doing it properly and I'm currently 2nd of 8 in my league and I think I'm gonna probbaly end up finishing 2nd by the looks of it...

what happens next - does the fantasy continue into the playoffs??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

It depends how your league is set up

Most leagues have a play off in fantasy leagues within the last 2 or 3 weeks of the NFL regular season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Dodge wrote: »
    It depends how your league is set up

Most leagues have a play off in fantasy leagues within the last 2 or 3 weeks of the NFL regular season

it's one of the default nfl ones - and just looked at my schedule there and seen that i'm in the semis :rolleyes: really should have looked harder.. sorry about that guys..

does that mean fantasy will be over for the season once the playoffs hit the town :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Syferus wrote: »
    On a happier note: http://challengegames.nfl.com/playoffchallenge/entries/new

How about we wangle together a Boards.ie playoff league to add to the fun of the playoffs?

I've set this one up: http://challengegames.nfl.com/playoffchallenge/leagues/725 and the password is jetsrock, just because I'm evil like that.

There's a different sort of game that NFL.com's doing for the real-life playoffs. You still pick the same set of players but how it works is pretty different, have a look, it's certainly better than nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

TO has asked me include his 2 cents as current league manager, and I pretty much agree 100% with what he has to say.
    I agree with 4 up 4 down. We never really discussed it and as far as I am concerned it should be discussed with ALL divisions. As its a boards league everyone should have their say.

As for the reason why the leagues were setup the way they are. It was merely a way to get them going. Obviously it was agreed the fairest way one be to prioritise the long serving AF posters but now that the leagues are up and running in the new format of divisions, no one should feel they should have any self entitlement to the leagues. If I got relegated among the 4 I would accept it and try battle my way back up next season as would many others. 4 up 4 down makes sure there is a competitive streak running through the game in my eyes.

Anyways I thought I would throw in my 2 cent as I may be back in the new year to the board. But either way lets not lose sight of why these leagues were set up. For the enjoyment of Fantasy football no matter how much you get into and the banter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

so heres the question: who do i start between Jackson (Chiefs), McFadden (Broncos) and Hightower (@ Panthers). also who do i take between Nate Washington (Texans) and Louis Murphy (Broncos)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

kev_s88 wrote: »
    so heres the question: who do i start between Jackson (Chiefs), McFadden (Broncos) and Hightower (@ Panthers). also who do i take between Nate Washington (Texans) and Louis Murphy (Broncos)?

I'd go with Hightower and McFadden.

The other one is tougher to call. Kenny Britt is back so Washington doesn't figure to get many looks. Broncos have been bad of late but they were better defensively the last two weeks and Murphy is likely to be matched up against Champ Bailey which is not good for you. I really don't like either, is there nobody on the waiver wire?

If you have to go for one of them I think I'd go with Washington just because Houston's secondary is so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

TO has asked me include his 2 cents as current league manager, and I pretty much agree 100% with what he has to say.

He's making sense from beyond the grave :P

I've rodgers Doubtful and Cassel questionable.. . this is gonna be interesting. . .

Cassell starts. Rodgers definitely out

Good luck to all in your play offs (except those playing me obviously ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Ugh, I've dropped Brandon Llyod. If Tebow plays well...

• Advertisement

and I thoguht vick was throw out a bad fantasy game for the frist tiem this season - he was in minus numbers for most of the first half - and now he's got more than 38 points with OT to come. Ridiculous. He's single-handedly breaking the whole game of fantasy football!

Ugh, I've dropped Brandon Llyod. If Tebow plays well...

I fecking dropped Lloyd!! :mad: Got a td already.

Is Moreno injured?? Really depending on him in my NFL managed league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

barring some sort of minus points miracle, ive beaten Ruan Raiders in the Prem League playoffs to win a place in the final. im up by 1.5 points with Run DMC still playing and the Bears' defence to go and hes all done. its a real miracle on my part, lucky to get here in the first place :D

kev_s88 wrote: »
    barring some sort of minus points miracle, ive beaten Ruan Raiders in the Prem League playoffs to win a place in the final. im up by 1.5 points with Run DMC still playing and the Bears' defence to go and hes all done. its a real miracle on my part, lucky to get here in the first place :D

Hopefully I'll be seeing you in the final. I need 6 points from Deoin Branch and Sidney Rice to beat Dunluce Demons. Had I started Manningham or Burleson it would be in the bag already so fingers crossed.

Still alive in 3.

Play offs next week in one. I'll be seeded 2 (finishes in week 17)

90 points ahead in anothervsemi final. I'm done but he has AP, harvin and Gronkowski to come

12 ahead in the auction league here. I have the Vikings DST tomorrow. He has Greg Jennings now

• Advertisement

Looking good to be in the final of all three of my playoffs, even in LTTP where I'd lost four in a row and limped into the playoffs. Torrain had been luckily dropped just before last weekend's games so my top waiver ranking made sure I've finally got a modicum of depth at RB again. Kerry Collins was a decent pick-up at QB (Orton was injured and I didn't fancy Big Ben against the Jets) so that's hopefully going to guide me through to the final there, the others being a blow-out thanks to Vick and one that I've already offically won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Good - Rivers

And that has cost me a place in the final. I'd have won had he started :rolleyes:

And that has cost me a place in the final. I'd have won had he started :rolleyes:

Not after that Arrington touchdown a few seconds ago!

I need 12 points from the Bears Defence and Matt Forte to win my Div 2 game. Knowing my luck Forte will get injured and the Bears will get hammered. I had Boldin on and Manningham on the bench, would have had the game in the bag already if I had him on.

In one of my other semi, I need 22 points from Sidney Rice. Had Moreno on who got injured and had taken Lloyd off for Hines when I heard Tebow was playing. :mad: He had feckin VICK!!!!

Well played lightning. You had my number this time

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Hopefully I'll be seeing you in the final. I need 6 points from Deoin Branch and Sidney Rice to beat Dunluce Demons. Had I started Manningham or Burleson it would be in the bag already so fingers crossed.

Now I need 2.6 points from Rice.. hopefully Joe Webb can give a respectable impersonation of Matt Flynn

Now I need 2.6 points from Rice.. hopefully Joe Webb can give a respectable impersonation of Matt Flynn

Not looking good for me unfortunately :(

I can only hope that a) the game is cancelled or b) Webb hands the ball of to AP all the time, and only throws to his safer options like Shiancoe and Harvin. Hard to picture Rice being limited to 25 yards though :o It was a good battle, but Moreno's injury really screwed up my plans.

Not looking good for me unfortunately :(

I can only hope that a) the game is cancelled or b) Webb hands the ball of to AP all the time, and only throws to his safer options like Shiancoe and Harvin. Hard to picture Rice being limited to 25 yards though :o It was a good battle, but Moreno's injury really screwed up my plans.

Yeah - I have to be pretty confident but you never know. If Big Ben had managed a TD in that last drive then it would be very interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Chandler2010

So who do I play in the fantasy bowl? :confused:

Omg, I had absolutely no right to win that game. I actually can't believe it.

Doesn't get any closer than this folks:

27573647.png

The unbelievable things is he only needed 6 points from Deion Branch and Sidney Rice. Going into tonight, he needed Rice to get just 24 yards for safe passage to the SuperBowl. How many did he end up with? 23!

Absolutely incredible :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Omg, I had absolutely no right to win that game. I actually can't believe it.

Doesn't get any closer than this folks:

27573647.png

The unbelievable things is he only needed 6 points from Deion Branch and Sidney Rice. Going into tonight, he needed Rice to get just 24 yards for safe passage to the SuperBowl. How many did he end up with? 23!

Absolutely incredible :D:D:D

Absoultely sickened when I saw it this morning. Good luck in the final!

What division are you in?

Here is how I made it to the final. Absolutely delighted.

2e1bmud.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Got beat by DPT in the PPR league so he tops our division on points difference and gets into the playoff final.

Was shocked to get into the auction league final. Was down by 3 with all my players done and my beloved Chicago Bears racked up the points on the Vikings D which gave Dodge -4 pts and i beat him by one. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭Pat the Patriot

Congrats to Turnoverasaurus Rex on his playoff win in Div1 .....I thought my inspired Donald Brown pickup was going to win it for the Nasty's....but Bradys less then super performance (its strange to see him not getting 20+ fantasy pts) let me down.... Good luck in the final vs Clondalkin Raiders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

You're D24Patriots yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Was in a semi final of a league at the w/end, I had finished by Monday night, was 15 points ahead, my opponent had AP left to play.

I happened to go on to NFL.com at midnight, I saw that Petersen was out. I quickly went over to my league homepage, and picked up Toby Gerhart, obviously with no way of using him, simply to stop my opponent from getting AP's backup. I checked in the morning, he had actually replaced AP, obviously he had heard the news in time, but all he had to work with was Booker, the third stringer, who got him minus points. It didn't matter in the end, Gerhart only got 7 points, wouldn't have made any difference to the score. I have no problem with what i did, and it was perfectly legal, but is it ethical, fantasy wise?

Frisbee wrote: »
    You're D24Patriots yeah?

Irrelevant point.

Irrelevant point.

Fairly relevant tbh. It was a simple question.

Fairly relevant tbh. It was a simple question.

I was the only player out of all 4 divisions to go 6-0 at the start of the season.

Too easy.

Look forward to dominating the 'Premier' League next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Well played lightning. You had my number this time

Cheers man. Unlucky considering you'd beaten me before and you were on a pretty impressive hot streak.

Still make Turnoversaurus Rex favourite for the final just for the fact he has Foster playing Denver this week!

I was the only player out of all 4 divisions to go 6-0 at the start of the season.

Too easy.

Look forward to dominating the 'Premier' League next year.

Looking back at you're comments pre-season gives me some lulz now:
    I've already won Division 1.

Any chance of bumping me up to the Premier League where I belong? I would be top of that league too with my god-like points total.

TOO EASY
    This is your champion speaking.

100% win ratio in Division 1, already built up an unassailable lead, and have actually scored more points than all other teams in the league combined.

I am that damn good :cool:
    I do not believe so. Which is a shame, as the world needs to know about my heroic performances on the fantasy field.

First man in history to go unbeaten through an entire season.
    Why do you habitually lie?

I manage the only team that has a 100% win record in Division 1.

I also have scored nearly as many points as all other teams combined.

I am that damn good.
    I should really be in the Premier division. There is no competition whatsoever for me against the n00bs in Div 1. :mad:

And then look at your stats:

6-8-0 with a 10th place finish and tenth in points scored.

But why are you feeding him more encouragement to try and troll..?

6-10?? Eeww. Thats some NFC West shít right there.

Made the final of my money league. Lost out in Paddy Patriots semi-final, lost out in the semi-final of my yahoo league and made the final of the PPR league.

Overall a pretty decent run over the season making the playoffs in 4 of 7 and having a winning record in another one.

Very happy with my year regardless of how it goes next week. Made the "Superbowl" in 4 of my 6 leagues (Prem League, NFL Oireland, Paddy Patriots and another forum I use). The 2 I missed out on were the PPR and Auction leagues. Not too disappointed, finished with a winning record in the PPR and it was my first time doing gimmick leagues so no big deal. Still can't get over the epic semi final in the Prem!

• Advertisement

It was my first time doing 'gimmick' leagues too.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭deccy15

6-10?? Eeww. Thats some NFC West shít right there.

Lol!! 6-10 would probably be good enough to win it too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Just home from college for Christmas so I can finally get back to spending time on Boards!

Had a pretty good year fantasy wise.

Missed the draft of the Prem league but did my best to work my way to 7-6.
    Went 12-2 in the Paddy Patriots league before losing the semi final.
    In the final of the Auction league now after going 9-5.

Can't be displeased at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Week 16 has arrived and while a lot of NFL teams are clambering to secure a spot in the NFL Playoffs the more important issue to be decided this weekend is the various playoff finals this weekend. Good luck to all involved. I have the various finalists below. Not completely sure about some of them so feel free to post any changes.

Boards Premier League
    Tom Brady vs kev s88

Boards Division One
    Lightning Bolt vs titans

Boards Division Two
    Raoul vs ????????

PPR League
    eagle eye vs DonkeyPokerTour

Auction League
    f1dan vs Spongey1975

Paddy Patriots League
    Tom Brady vs ????????

NFL Oireland League
    Tom Brady vs ?????????

LTTP League
    Syferus vs Hulk Hands

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

I think a poster by the name of Hulk Hands beat me last week to qualify for the final of LTTP against Syferus.

I'm hoping to finish 3rd in my first season playing FF, which I would be very pleased about. Thanks to Syferus for organising the LTTP league, which has been very competitive and well contested throughout.

Best of luck to all those in finals this week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement