Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FANTASY FOOTBALL 2010 **Draft Times in OP**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Speaking of trophies, wasn't the winner of the Patriots fans league due a trophy?

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

f1dan wrote: »
    Speaking of trophies, wasn't the winner of the Patriots fans league due a trophy?

:P

That league was scraped mid way through when the transfer debacle happened with 2 members. They ruined the league. Oh and two of the teams pulled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

That league was scraped mid way through when the transfer debacle happened with 2 members. They ruined the league. Oh and two of the teams pulled out.

What happened?

bobby wade wrote: »
    What happened?

PM Sent

Prem dudes how long should we give Karlusss to sign up before bumping him?

I have a feeling he is away for the summer. If thats the case he might not be back until the middle or end of August. Should we give him the time til then or just find a replacement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What was his team last year? Was he active all season? If so I'd give him lots of time. When did he last log on by the way?

eagle eye wrote: »
    What was his team last year? Was he active all season? If so I'd give him lots of time. When did he last log on by the way?

Something Rams I think his team was. He last logged in on May and last posted in January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

That doesn't bode too well. I'd give him up to around the 10th/15th August or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

PM Sent

Could I also get that memo please? It was a long time ago, can't remember the situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭jpjc05

I'd like to express my interest in joining a fantasy football division.

thanks.

jpjc05 wrote: »
    I'd like to express my interest in joining a fantasy football division.

thanks.

Divison Two Player List is now: Left over guys if you want to start a D2 or Join Titans Rival League
    1. sports fan - Aug 2009 13 posts
    2. bobo the clown - feb 2010 posts 41
    3. Icepickle - oct 2008 posts 76
    4. El Horseboxo - apr 2010 posts 510
    5. mattman iflaf - aug 2008 posts 28
    6. Ravage1616 - aug 2005 posts 503
    7. Jonny F - dec 2009 posts 94
    8. Raoul: may 2007 posts 384
    9. leedsfan:Nov 2009 posts 145
    10. jpjc05:Oct 2007 posts 23 (submitted request by pm)
    11. bigDOAF July 2010 posts 1
    12 jpjc05 Oct 2007 Posts 22

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭titans

Divison Two Player List is now: Left over guys if you want to start a D2 or Join Titans Rival League
    12 jpjc05 Oct 2007 Posts 22

I think jpjc05 was picked up in the list already. Looks like theres good demand for another division anyways....and its only July....impressive

titans wrote: »
    I think jpjc05 was picked up in the list already. Looks like theres good demand for another division anyways....and its only July....impressive

Yup you are right

EDIT: Divison Two Player List is now: Those guys Who remain left out from the other division why not not start a D2 or Join Titans Rival League

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

I've been just thinking about the actual set up of the teams we'll be picking.

Are people happy to go along with the standard format of QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, K and DEF? Just putting out a feeler for people's thoughts on using a flex player?

For those that don't know a flex player allows you the option of picking one of say either a rb or wr to make up the required starting team numbers. So it could look like:

QB
    RB1
    RB2
    WR1
    WR2
    RB3/WR3
    TE
    K
    DEF

The two major downsides to a flex in my opinion is if you've got two guys who've drafted a few sleepers at RB. They'll be laughing their way to the playoffs. The other being that it somewhat stifles any trades that could happen as a result of owners needing to bring in replacements.

The upside to using a flex is that with a 16 team league there's going to be a good few times where people are seriously short and would realistically have to release a half decent player to free agency if no one was willing to trade. Plus if we go with a 4 man bench it'll def help those less experienced to manage their team although at the same time it might be a cop out for those of us more experienced.

Anyway, your thoughts are welcomed and as I've said I'm just putting out a feeler.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

As regarding positions, I like a flex position in terms of during certin bye weeks last year WR depth became extreamly thin particularly if you had a guy on a Bye week and a guy injured that week! Perhaps making it RB/WR/TE rather than a true flex as I know some leagues allow a QB in there, but then u end up with the same guy taking two of the top QB's in order to trade later on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I'm happy either way TBH. Whatever the majority want I'll go along with!

Whatever set up is decided all the leagues should run the same system

Right now the Prem League is at the Default:

# (QB): 1
    # (RB): 2
    # (WR): 3
    # (TE): 1
    # (WR/RB): 0
    # (WR/TE): 0
    # Kicker (K): 1
    # Defensive Team (DEF): 1
    # Bench (BN): 5

personally i like the flex

bobby wade wrote: »
    personally i like the flex

Flex might be a good idea now the leagues have 16 in them.

Maybe use the Flex WR/RB and use 4 subs on bench. Keeps plenty of options in the FA market and Means you can have a combo of 2RBs + 3WRs or 3RBs + 2WRs. And by making the point system similar scoring across the board means there is not benefit to having 3 RBs etc etc. Means you have to draft solid QBs WRs and RBs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Most leagues who use the flex use it to replace an existing WR. You'd have

1 QB
    2 RB
    2 WR
    1 TE
    1 Off Flex
    1 Def
    1 K

You'd have to define whether QBs are allowed play in the flex position or whether its WR/RB only

Dodge wrote: »
    Most leagues who use the flex use it to replace an existing WR. You'd have

1 QB
    2 RB
    2 WR
    1 TE
    1 Off Flex
    1 Def
    1 K

You'd have to define whether QBs are allowed play in the flex position or whether its WR/RB only

New NFL league only allows WR/RB or TE/WR as the Flex positions.

And I would agree if I was to put flew in it would replace the 3rd WR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

I like the idea of a flex player, RB/WR, the main reason being that it's a 16 team league, and quality is going to get pretty scarce after a few weeks, with injuries and byes. If someone manages to draft a sleeper RB that sends them to the playoffs, good luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭titans

fisgon wrote: »
    I like the idea of a flex player, RB/WR, the main reason being that it's a 16 team league, and quality is going to get pretty scarce after a few weeks, with injuries and byes. If someone manages to draft a sleeper RB that sends them to the playoffs, good luck to them.

Flex sounds interesting but no experience of it personally. Does it throw out the traditional draft strategy then? I'd imagine that you would ideally want to fill the flex with a RB every week but that this is balanced by the fact that there would likely be more quality at WR?

titans wrote: »
    Flex sounds interesting but no experience of it personally. Does it throw out the traditional draft strategy then? I'd imagine that you would ideally want to fill the flex with a RB every week but that this is balanced by the fact that there would likely be more quality at WR?

Thats it. For bye weeks it can mean a fair bit, but, as the name suggests, all it does is give more flexibility to the manager.

Most leagues now have a flex position so its pretty much the standard now

Whats flex? A RB or a WR basically?

Never used it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭deccy15

Flex position sounds good if thats what we go with!! I'm down with whatever tho!!

Archimedes wrote: »
    Whats flex? A RB or a WR basically?

Never used it before.

Basically means that in place of the 3rd WR spot you have the option to out in a RB also. So it will be either a 3rd WR or 3rd RB.

Basically means that in place of the 3rd WR spot you have the option to out in a RB also. So it will be either a 3rd WR or 3rd RB.

Tallaght is there no way of making it RB/TE/WR? If not I'de go RB/WR but addin tight end would be nice

Tallaght is there no way of making it RB/TE/WR? If not I'de go RB/WR but addin tight end would be nice

Nope for some reason NFL.com have decided not to put in the 3 way flex option. ESPN and even Sportsline give that option.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

To all new and old posters to the Fantasy Football 2010 thread, please know that you are most welcome to play! But before posting, please read the American Football Forum Charter stickied at the top of the forum. It's grand to show your passion and enthusiasm for the game, and that is encouraged! But no unsportsmanlike conduct on the field is allowed (No personal attacks or you will be benched by the ref!).
    referee-costume.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

There is currently 13 signed up in Division 1. Have the following teams allocated but dont know who is The Nastys, D24Patriots, New York Rebels, Gold Lion & Turnoverasauras Rex. If we know who these are we will know which 3 have not signed up.

Division 1
    1. Chanandler Bong
    2. Pat the Patriot
    3. pyjamarama
    4. Spongey1975 - Spawn of Spongey
    5. Donkeypokertour - New York Rebels
    6. itssoeasy
    7. Dohhny Jepp - Jepp's Fluffy Pink Bunnies
    8. fisgon - Stompers
    9. Frisbee - The Wildcats
    10. orizio - The Ironsides
    11. Dr Slurm - The floury Baps of Doom
    12. Max Power 1
    13. titans
    14. JJ
    15. skeleton boy - Favre
    16. Lightning bolt - Clondalkin Raiders

There is currently 13 signed up in Division 1. Have the following teams allocated but dont know who is The Nastys, D24Patriots, New York Rebels, Gold Lion & Turnoverasauras Rex. If we know who these are we will know which 3 have not signed up.

Division 1
    1. Chanandler Bong
    2. Pat the Patriot
    3. pyjamarama
    5. Donkeypokertour
    6. itssoeasy
    8. fisgon - Stompers
    12. Max Power 1
    13. titans
    14. JJ
    15. skeleton boy - Favre

New York Rebels all signed up!

In case you didn't guess I'm the New York Rebels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Division 1
    1. Chanandler Bong
    2. Pat the Patriot
    3. pyjamarama
    5. Donkeypokertour
    6. itssoeasy
    8. fisgon - Stompers
    12. Max Power 1
    13. titans
    14. JJ
    15. skeleton boy - Favre

i'll probably be talking to Pyjamarama tomorrow so i'll check if hes signed up or not, and make sure he does if he hasnt yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I see nothing in Division 1 to be worried about. Should be a piece of piss. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

To all new and old posters to the Fantasy Football 2010 thread, please know that you are most welcome to play! But before posting, please read the American Football Forum Charter stickied at the top of the forum. It's grand to show your passion and enthusiasm for the game, and that is encouraged! But no unsportsmanlike conduct on the field is allowed (No personal attacks or you will be benched by the ref!).
    referee-costume.jpg

She can bench me any time!

Time to shake things up a bit.

If I manage to be first or second in the draft, I won't be drafting either Chris Johnson or AP.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Archimedes wrote: »
    Time to shake things up a bit.

If I manage to be first or second in the draft, I won't be drafting either Chris Johnson or AP.

;)

Looking at the time and day that this was posted, I reckon there was alcohol involved in this vow.......:)......

Looking at the time and day that this was posted, I reckon there was alcohol involved in this vow.......:)......

Not at all :D

• Advertisement

Division 2: Still needs either 1 more body for 12 or 5 for 16.

Also for this guys neither myself nor Lightning can admin this one. The admin with NFL.com has to be a participating member. So it will need one of you guys to get the ball rolling and set it up.

I don't like this at all. With 16 teams having 2 running backs playing every week thats basically one from each team. Add in a reserve thats kept and you now have 48 running backs. If you have a flex RB position it means that they are gold dust in this draft and people will stockpile them knowing they could be very valuable for trading purposes and in the event of a guy having injuries he won't be able to find a replacement as all of them will be on rosters.

Imo 2 RBs is enough to be starting every week. A flex WR/TE is not so much of a problem as there are way more wideouts active every week in the league than there are RBs.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I don't like this at all. With 16 teams having 2 running backs playing every week thats basically one from each team. Add in a reserve thats kept and you now have 48 running backs. If you have a flex RB position it means that they are gold dust in this draft and people will stockpile them knowing they could be very valuable for trading purposes and in the event of a guy having injuries he won't be able to find a replacement as all of them will be on rosters.

Imo 2 RBs is enough to be starting every week. A flex WR/TE is not so much of a problem as there are way more wideouts active every week in the league than there are RBs.

Have to agree with Eagle Eye. The more I think about it 16 teams and 1 extra spot for a RB on a roster is a nightmare. I would be more inclined also with the WR/TE Flex with a 16 team league.

From a scoring perspective it adds depth in say a 12 man league. But when it comes to drafting people will load up on RB and in a 16 man league it wont leave a lot left for everybody.

I think with this 16 man league we need to make it level across the board when it comes to the draft so that everybody gets the fair crack at the quality players. Obviously if someone fails at picking up the right players there is nothing we can do as they are just bad at drafting especially when the right guys are there for them.

Prem dudes the options we have are:

A: Leave 3rd WR
    B: RB/WR Flex replacing 3rd WR
    C: WR/TE Replacing 3rd WR

Im going to go A on this one.

3rd Wide Receiver.

If it's not broken, don't fix it. We had a great time last year, no need to change it up. The numbers just arent in favour of a flex RB option.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭JonnyF

is it too late to join this league? i played a few seasons of fantasy on the nfl site with random euro based players but wouldn't want to be ibn the top league just yet, can someone send me login details etc. if it's still available

Right slight change of pace here, I wondering is their interest in the following:
    1) 12man PPR League, Standard Draft.
    2) 12man Standard League, Auction Draft.

I'd be interested in playing in both and I dont mind running one or both. I'm going to open it up to all of boards but I'll offer slots on a first come first serve basis to Premier League and 1st Division players first, if after a week or so their is not enough interest in those then anyone can join.

So any interest?

1) 12man PPR League, Standard Draft
    1. DonkeyPokerTour

2) 12man Standard League, Auction Draft
    1. Donkey Poker Tour

• Advertisement

Lads a third WR scores about the same points as a third RB so the flex position doens't really affect anything. All it does is give you better flexibility in choosing match ups.

I know I'd rather pick a decent Wr to play No 3 than a No 3 RB (in our league effectively the 33rd-48th ranked RBs) most week

But if others want to do that, thats there perogative.

I vote for WR/RB flex (but will obviously go with whatever the league decides)

WR/RB flex for me

Most teams run a |RBBC now so the backs are there

JonnyF wrote: »
    is it too late to join this league? i played a few seasons of fantasy on the nfl site with random euro based players but wouldn't want to be ibn the top league just yet, can someone send me login details etc. if it's still available

You are already down for the Division 2. But right now only has 11 members. It needs 1 or 5 more members and someone to set it up.

Division 2: Still needs either 1 more body for 12 or 5 for 16.

Also for this guys neither myself nor Lightning can admin this one. The admin with NFL.com has to be a participating member. So it will need one of you guys to get the ball rolling and set it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I like the idea of a flex option tbh.

I'd prefer a RB/WR flex but a WR/TE flex would do me as well.

I've always played the standard 3WR format, so I'd like the flex option just to add a differnet slant to this years league.

I don't have figures to support this but I'd imagine the average NFL 53 man roster has 7/8 WRs most of whom see some playing time and 4/5 running backs some of whom only see playing time with injuries.

This is why its bad imo to have any flex option that includes RBs.

Personally I think the 3 WR format is best. I can't see a flex WR/TE working out too badly though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement