Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Track is Back

• 15-04-2010 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Ok new blog, track is here so lets get the ass in gear!

Its been awhile but im back running, a new coach, a new outlook to training. Its time to get my season into gear..
    Ok so this is what Iv done all week

12-3-10
    Monday

10miles on my own in tymon. This is my long run for now it will get upto about 12miles but no longer and then it will be cut back coming into hard training

13-3-10
    Tuesday

Just an easy 6miles, I joined up with a new coach so this hole week ill just be running easy 6miles all week and a session at the weekend. It was nice, the weather really makes it easier to run in

14-3-10
    Wednesday

Again an easy 6miles so about 45mins then I was told to do a few 150s, dont time them, just run them easy, maintain form and all that jazz. The first one or two were a bit of a struggle but felt them getting easier as I went on. These strides are very important to keep that speed topped up because im sure soon ill be trying to get a withdraw from the speed bank soon

15-3-10
    Thursday

Legs felt good tonight, fresh so it was again just an easy 6miles. Ham and cheesy nice and easy is the way for now. So for this week has been solid. The weekend is when the legs will be tested a little bit with a nice hill session in tymon park. This is were most of my sessions are going to be for the next few weeks.

Im back on this because this time last year when I was writing out my blog it gave me that extra motivation to get out and run well. And i need that. Alot of excuses have came from this year, but excuse will mean nothing when that gun goes.. Anyway the weekend should be where the real training is as saturday ill do 8x100m hills off short rest and a long run sunday, I have a nic rest day friday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭DJS

Ok so this weekend Went pretty well training wise!
    The weather was just so nice you just had to go training simple as..
    Anyways I had friday as a rest day which was pretty nice and was feeling fresh for my first session under the new coach.

17-3-10
    Saturday

8xtymon short hill(35second steep hill) done off 3minute cycles
    I hit them all pretty even and didnt push it so it was done nice and controlled and just focused on my form. Pretty happy with how the session went but this session is only going to get harder as the weeks go and and my fitness increases.

18-3-10
    Sunday

9miles easy with my training partner sean. Both of us ahd hills the day before so it was just a nice and easy 9-10miles. We got it in and thats the main thing. Picked it up at the end but nothing to scream from the rooftops.

So as my first week down under the new coach im very pleased with how it went. We will sit down soon and plan out my track season but for now its just put the head down and get into some PB shape.

New week, new look on training I suppose! Last week went well and im happy with things went. Lets hope I can get the miles in and just keep the head down. Anyway the goal for the week is 40-45miles plus two sessions wed & sat. Wednesday will be a fast track session and saturday hills again.

19-3-10
    Monday

8miles easy in tymon park on my own, nice day. Felt the last few miles hard, but was clicking away nicely

20-3-10
    Tuesday

6miles again just nice and easy. In tymon again as usual and alone. Got it done earlish because I had a meeting. Legs are just feeling a bit dead but we shall see how dead they are tomorow.

Well 14miles under the belt for this week. But miles at the min are just nice and easy, same as the sessions. Its 10x300m tomorow with 100m jog recovery. Its supposed to be done at 80% and just focus on form and not times. Ill still record them but Im going to just listen to what coachs says as he knows best! Wish me luck guys

Well I got the session done yday, it couldnt have went more wrong. I do my sessions in tallaght and because I had work I had to do it earlier, Normally i just run down to one of the coaches and get the keys off him, but he wasnt in. Sometimes there is someone down at the track so I ran down to the club, nobody there, so as I running back I see the coaches car in the driveway. So needless to say I had 30mins nearly of running in my and my knee wasnt feeling great. I warmed up and the hammy wasnt great either. Needless to say the wind picks up at this stage and the lovely weather that was here 20mins ago was gone! It was freezing. I was determinded to get the session in..

21-3-10
    Wednesday

8x300m with 1min recovery(100m jog)
    Splits; 48, 50, 50, 50, 49, 51, 50, 52* was ment to do ten but this knee wasnt feeling great and the job recovery.

All and all not much more could have gone wrong, Ill know next time. Im not happy with how I was feeling doing these more then anythin. I didnt feel relaxed at all and had to really put the head down into the wind cause it was everywhere. Im going to just forget about that session and move on. When I have my training partners back(one racing tonight, and other is taking a few days off) Im sure these will get faster. Till next time

Advertisement