Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fuji FinePix 1600 problem???

• 15-04-2010 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Have the camera (Fuji FinePix 1600) around one week now and today it started acting up!!

I can take a photo, but when switching to play mode (to review the photos taken) it says Error and only choice is to delete the photo. I can still look at the photos that was taken before this problem started. I have tried changing memory card and batteries, but no change. It is also a little problematic to switch on and off it now. :confused:

Has anyone else experienced this? And know what to try to do to fix it? I like the camera, so dont want to return it unless I have to (pluc bought while on holidays in UK so not sure how much hassle involved in trying to have it replaced/fixed/refunded.

Hopeful that anyone will have some advice!!

Thanks!!!!!
    B

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Have you checked the memory card, there's usually a tiny little switch on them [SD cards] and if it's moved, locks the card so you can't delete photos. Other than that, not sure. i had a fuji s1000fd and that happened me a few times, first time I panicked because I'd taken photos I really wanted to keep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

beatle wrote: »
    I can take a photo, but when switching to play mode (to review the photos taken) it says Error and only choice is to delete the photo. I can still look at the photos that was taken before this problem started. I have tried changing memory card and batteries, but no change. It is also a little problematic to switch on and off it now. :confused:

Use a card reader to recover your photographs and to test the reliability of the card. Check the write protect (lock) switch on the card to make sure it isn't locked. Put the card back in the camera and format it. I don't know what format options are available in the 1600. If there is a choice of quick or full format, do a full format.

Is it a good quality card? Is it reliable on a PC with card reader?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭beatle

I have tried changing the "lock" function thing on the card, didn't work. Its a 4GB SDHC card...so my laptop windows xp can't read it and I dont have a card reader yet. The supposed "hotfix" for XP isn't working on my computer either.
    I do have the photos (bar a couple) save on my laptop tho, because I figured out that if there isn't too much info on the SDHC card, the computer CAN transfer the photos (only via the usb cable tho).

Just tried formating the card and still have same problem! When I press playback the camera is trying to load the image until it switches itself off. Really frustrated!!!! Any other suggestions?

Thanks guys!

Will try formating the card now and see if that helps...

Thanks guys!

I hope it works. It would be a real PITA to have to send it back to the UK for a warranty claim. I assume it has a European warranty so you may be able to get fujifilm.ie to handle it.

Maybe one of the Boards members in your area will be able to help with a card reader. I can help if you are in Cork City.

sorry, I must have edited my last post just as u replied...

"Just tried formating the card and still have same problem! When I press playback the camera is trying to load the image until it switches itself off. Really frustrated!!!! Any other suggestions?"

I bought it in Curry's in UK, anyone know if I can return it to Curry's in Ireland??

Thanks

• Advertisement

sorry, I must have edited my last post just as u replied...

"Just tried formating the card and still have same problem! When I press playback the camera is trying to load the image until it switches itself off. Really frustrated!!!! Any other suggestions?"

Is it a premium brand card or a HK special? Sometimes it can make a difference. Try another type.

I bought it in Curry's in UK, anyone know if I can return it to Curry's in Ireland??

Thanks

You can always try. Be sure to come back here and tell us how you got on.

hbr wrote: »
    Is it a premium brand card or a HK special? Sometimes it can make a difference. Try another type.

You can always try. Be sure to come back here and tell us how you got on.

Its a: Lexar, Premium Series 4GB SDHC 60x
    Not sure what that counts as?

I've just been to Tesco to buy rechargable batteries. Charging them now and will try to reset the camera and change the battery type to the new ones. The ones I used were Alkaline tho, so should have been ok too.
    Maybe it's a desperate attempt, but I am pretty desperate at this stage!

Sounds more like the card is corrupted, not the camera. Have you another card you can test in it?

Its back working!!! :)

I put in new (rechargable, NiMH) batteries and it still had the same error. Then resetted the camera and now its working again. Reset... why didn't I try that earlier??

I hope this was just a once off issue, but I am a bit weary... Will let you know if it happens again.

Thanks a mill for all the help anyways!

Good stuff, but I would be very wary. A new camera giving errors!? Needing to be reset?

I've had 3 fuji cameras to date and all of them had minor issues along the way. They always started working again [sometimes after a good slap! ... though I treat cameras very well, these p&s ones annoyed me that much!] but none of them were over a year old when they started to give me grief - I got errors similar to the one you described on my s1000fd a few times. never did figure out the reason behind it, it just hates certain types of memory card I think.

Hopefully that's the last error you get, happy shooting :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement