Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Issues

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Try1ng

787717436.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6 drewaz

787719099.png

out of 30Mb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

10 Meg going well in Navan

787731164.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

15mb

787733827.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

30mb
    787753544.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I live in Swords and my 30Mb has gone to relative **** this last week or so, not as bad as some of ye, but getting about 2.5MB (20Mb) at best and currently 1.25MB (10Mb), its been coming in at the bottom end of that scale most of the time between 6pm and 1am. I have been with UPC since they launched BB in Swords and generally I have always got the max speed of my connection.

As an aside my BB has dropped a couple of times a day for the last 10mths or so, but I was happy to live with that given the speeds were great.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

787785952.png

We're only on the 5Mb though
    It craps out about 10 times an evening at this stage, I don't know if it's related but it started happening as soon as we were upgraded from 3 to 5.
    In the same neck of the woods as Discogirl and Johnc.

*edit* and there it goes again....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Limerick

787797859.png

Dublin

787798923.png

Sligo

787800114.png

Actual Download just finished prior to testing with speednet - 1.5Gb media file downloaded @ 1.5MB/s (12Mb/s) in about 16mins

downloadg.jpg

As I said above, I am having problems with my BB from UPC atm, but I am finding that speedtest.net is totally unreliable and is lowballing my dl speeds compared to actual speeds I am getting downloading. Actual speeds are however still 1/3 of my 30Mb supposed line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Oh look now. From 2meg at 8pm to nearly 7meg now. Still now where near the 9.7meg I was getting 3 weeks ago regardless the time of day or day of week. You can't write off an 8meg drop is speed over a few weeks down to contention.

787837004.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Oh look now. From 2meg at 8pm to nearly 7meg now. Still now where near the 9.7meg I was getting 3 weeks ago regardless the time of day or day of week. You can't write off an 8meg drop is speed over a few weeks down to contention.

787837004.png

Ditto, mine just "leapt" up all of a sudden, Santry area....

787854056.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

787958865.png

3.30am

Fantastic, not 30mb, but I'm happy with that and would be, if it was during the day.

Earlier on at around 7pm my line was coming in at 2mb.

Rang them up and was waiting for 90minutes on hold waiting for a free customer service agent. Not good enough.

But I'll entrust its an area matter they are looking into, If not resolved in the next few days I'll make sure to get in touch.

Nothing wrong my end, everything wrong their end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

I am having similar issues in Phibsboro. I think it is important that everyone who has posted and everyone who is monitoring the various UPC threads on here email UPC support so they understand how pervasive the issue. The email address is broadbandsupport@upc.ie - take two secs to do it now if you haven't already.

c

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭saltie

Phibsboro wrote: »
    I am having similar issues in Phibsboro. I think it is important that everyone who has posted and everyone who is monitoring the various UPC threads on here email UPC support so they understand how pervasive the issue. The email address is broadbandsupport@upc.ie - take two secs to do it now if you haven't already.

c

done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Last night I spent another lifetime on the phone and because they can't find an issue with my line I was told I couldn't lodge an official complaint!
    So I soon gave them a piece of my mind and an official complaint was lodged.
    Got a phone call 15 minutes ago and it was a nice lady who explained that they have got issues but none in my area!
    She also knew about the boards.ie threads!! (I mentioned these in every call I've made to upc)
    So I said I could send in my speed tests from the last 7 days and she gave me her own work personal e-mail addy....she said she will def take this serious.

I oof course gave the exact details that we are all suffering regarding to times and in my case even when I have full speed and I d/l something I can't bwrose web pages..
    Anyway lets hope this bears some end results.

Last night I spent another lifetime on the phone and because they can't find an issue with my line I was told I couldn't lodge an official complaint!
    So I soon gave them a piece of my mind and an official complaint was lodged.
    Got a phone call 15 minutes ago and it was a nice lady who explained that they have got issues but none in my area!
    She also knew about the boards.ie threads!! (I mentioned these in every call I've made to upc)
    So I said I could send in my speed tests from the last 7 days and she gave me her own work personal e-mail addy....she said she will def take this serious.

I oof course gave the exact details that we are all suffering regarding to times and in my case even when I have full speed and I d/l something I can't bwrose web pages..
    Anyway lets hope this bears some end results.

Good work. What area are you in? I`m swords and experiencing all said issues above. Have called and mailed and will be calling later when i get home.

<
    town, dublin 1

<
    town, dublin 1

sound so its effecting lots of areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭johnc24

Completed at 1745 Local.......holding my breath....cmon to fook...work!!

788588494.png

I know it's early days yet but...
    788646982.png

Will check on the hour bla bla

I know it's early days yet but...
    788646982.png

Will check on the hour bla bla

Thats what im doing too, and its holding up so far.

788657728.png

Please, fingers crossed

• Advertisement

My packet loss is very high but I thought I read somewhere that I need to get into my router and turn something off?
    15175031.png

when I get to the router I get asked for a username and password, I haven't got a clue what they would be, are they some default type ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Oh my god, what's wrong......I have a decent speed.....at this hour!!! :eek: :D

788672274.png

Used the magnet test as well:

7ms ping
    Download Speed: 11385 kbps (1423.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 1452 kbps (181.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

If it stays like this I may be able to play some MW2 later!!!

My packet loss is very high but I thought I read somewhere that I need to get into my router and turn something off?
    15175031.png

when I get to the router I get asked for a username and password, I haven't got a clue what they would be, are they some default type ones?

AnimalRights

Go to 192.168.1.1

Leave both fields blank and click ok, it will prompt you to setup a password which you do, next time you log in you should just enter the password with no user name and enter your password and you should get in.

Try that much and let me know how you get on, once thats done I will tell you how to improve the line quality with improved packet loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

I was doing some ping tests with the command line 10 mins ago, my max was over 1.1 seconds :rolleyes:

Back down to a max of around 20ms now though

wooo hooo me tooo.. Dont want to jinx the mofo but..

[URL="[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/788705992.png[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]788705992.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

jk86 wrote: »
    I was doing some ping tests with the command line 10 mins ago, my max was over 1.1 seconds :rolleyes:

Back down to a max of around 20ms now though

And once I finally get a ping that I can play with, my xbox gets the rrod. fml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

johnc24 wrote: »
    AnimalRights

Go to 192.168.1.1

Leave both fields blank and click ok, it will prompt you to setup a password which you do, next time you log in you should just enter the password with no user name and enter your password and you should get in.

Try that much and let me know how you get on, once thats done I will tell you how to improve the line quality with improved packet loss.
    I got stumped by this too. Just click ok when it asks for your username and password.
    Then go into SETTINGS at the top. Under FIREWALL click on SETTINGS and uncheck the box for ip flood protection. That should sort you out as far as packet loss etc

15179297.png

Thanks people.
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Im having problems in galway the last 2 weeks.
    Speed has slowed but not a huge amount.
    The main problem seems to be with DNS resolution.

Im just about to test with some open DNS servers and i will post the results.

edit:all the public dns servers seem to be just as bad. not sure whats up.

Still taking a long time to resolve dns names and getting alot of page timeouts.
    im running a stack of pings now to see whats happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Gave that ping test a go earlier too:

15180130.png

WTF....did UPC remember to flick the switch to make the speeds work!! :D

788791769.png

For those who do.....Happy Gaming people :D

Advertisement