Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Issues

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

haha unreal, must have been working in the swords area.

Tested numerous times today and this evening and its been a rock steady 26mb, and I run wireless?!?!?! 3.2mb upload speed ping of 19ms.

Dad started downloading and it dropped to 21mb, he was getting 20mb.

Very happy campers.

UPC always have a rocky period when they release new upgrades, this one was a bit more infuriating because of the time it took to rectify, nearly 3 months, but if it sticks like this I'll be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

My service has been a lot better tonight, tested around 8pm or so and was getting 9mb so im a lot happier then I was last night, fingers crossed they are ironing-out the problem....http://www.speedtest.net/result/788945772.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭rizzla

Internet came back tonight after nearly a week without. Supposed to be 20mbs (I guess 30mbs because of the upgrade)

789108162.png

I'll be checking again in the morning. But it's a damn shame, always got my full speed up until a week ago, 10-40ms ping an all.

EDIT: LOL

789131537.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Strangely enough last night about 10pm I was actually getting between 10 and 11mb down so was quite happy.

Hopefully it keeps up like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

PEDANTICISM

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

789727513.png

Looking good at 5:50ish, will test again in an hour....

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Largely improved last night, was almost hitting 10 on my 10meg package. Still the odd Skype disconnect and packet loss spikes but overall improved on the past two months.

Fingers crossed of course!

[IMG][/img]789755969.png

30mb fibre package

Happy enough considering the hour thats in it ...and my dads downloading

Still good to go in Santry after six, I never thought id say this but good lads UPC....

:p

789783882.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Hmmm this is what I'm getting now:

789940216.png

This is what I was getting roughly same time last night:

788802181.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Spoke too soon so I did! Getting 3 megs now and a bit less earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,559 ✭✭✭Damien360

10 meg line that is normally very good with 13ms pings in Newbridge and minimum 9meg download.

Which one do I trust of these results. Both done within seconds of each other.

[IMG][/img]ScreenShot007.jpg

or

[IMG][/img]790033389.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Seems fine to me tonight!

790167918.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭HattieMcDoogal

20Mb line ....... test done from outside on the patio :D

790527888.png

15288245.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

It had largely improved for me over the last week or two but speeds were terrible last night. Download wasn't bad but upload speeds were dire which makes surfing difficult and using the PS3 virtually impossible.

Will check again tonight.

790853299.png

Fine again today at a time that had been poor the last few weeks.

Everyone has been fine here since Monday.

I do notice though that my wireless connection from my pc drops every so often which is really annoying, however I've been running a regular test on the router externally and it seems to literally never drop so I assume its a personal pc issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,559 ✭✭✭Damien360

TheDoc wrote: »

I do notice though that my wireless connection from my pc drops every so often which is really annoying, however I've been running a regular test on the router externally and it seems to literally never drop so I assume its a personal pc issue.

My PC and PS3 drop wirelessly on the hour every hour. It is the setting for the renewal of lease default of 3600 seconds. I changed mine to 7200 seconds to fix. Not sure what the max is. Only problem is a router reboot resets the lease to default.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

All grand for me too the last couple of nights, getting 1.7 MB off heanet tonight on my 15Mb line so all good...

c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

major packet loss tonight is my problem, that mixed with slooow speeds, 15meg down to 3meg brutal!

Lads is there anyone else here from Swords that also get the phone from UPC??

If so can you tell me is the phone working on and off throughout the day??

I'm trying to figure out if UPC are bullsh1tting me......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭saltie

Yep ours is fine. We`re on fibre bb and phone pack

Hey Saltie,

Thanks for that, I have the BB and phone package from UPC, since mid March I've been having a problem with intermittent connection, my bb and phone keep going dead....it's fairly random, even cutting me off mid calls!!

I've been dealing with UPC since the 23rd March about this and so far they haven't fixed it yet. At 1st I was told that is was an area problem and would be resolved when upgrading finished in Swords in week 14 (17/18 April).

Cos it was happening after that date I was on to them again....then was told it's NOT an area problem and that there was a problem on my line (outside) and they could see I was having intermittent connections, it was with the Network Crew and that it would be resolved by the 23rd April.

It happened a few times on the 23rd but I didn't bother ringing cos I knew it was to be fixed so let it slide, until it happened again last night at 8:40pm......

So I rang UPC and was put through to 2nd tier tech....who had to speak to a supervisor and he rang me back. I've now been told it IS an area problem and would not be resolved until the end of week 17.....He told me that it is happening to other people in the Swords area (hence my question!)

So now I'm wondering are they just bullsh1tting me....they seem to be leading me in circles and in the meantime my home phone doesn't work properly.....

Is there anyone in Swords that this is happening to?????

No probs, Do you use any other wireless/ radio equipment in the house? I had probs with my ps3/ pc wirelessly and noticed that it was these audio/ video sender thingie that i have that was causing the issues..
    Once i turned them off it was fine.

No nothing, and they've told me it's a problem with the line.....there seems to be a lot of noise on it or something.....

I'm just fed up now with being fobbed off and it may take weeks for it to be fixed.

Because they're saying it's an area fault and everyone's phone is doing the same thing they can't give me a definitive date/time that it will be fixed!!!

Yet you're phone is working ok!!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭twilightsection

disco girl wrote: »
    No nothing, and they've told me it's a problem with the line.....there seems to be a lot of noise on it or something.....

I'm just fed up now with being fobbed off and it may take weeks for it to be fixed.

Because they're saying it's an area fault and everyone's phone is doing the same thing they can't give me a definitive date/time that it will be fixed!!!

Yet you're phone is working ok!!

UPC are fukin idiots.

I live in Dublin city center and my line speed for the last few nights have been as follows:

Can ComReg or some other body become involved if Im paying for a 20mb line and get speeds less than what a 56k Modem can provide. This is shocking service from a company like UPC.

UPC are fukin idiots.

I live in Dublin city center and my line speed for the last few nights have been as follows:

Can ComReg or some other body become involved if Im paying for a 20mb line and get speeds less than what a 56k Modem can provide. This is shocking service from a company like UPC.

Jesus, they're ****e speeds alright!

Have you been on to UPC???

I was wondering the same about ComReg......how would you go about getting them involved?

UPC are fukin idiots.

one word. unacceptable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

My 15Mb connection dropped at around 5pm today and came back right on the stoke of 12 midnight! So I was left for 7 hours without any service at all, as the phone and tele were down too :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Waterford. 10:28pm.

796503748.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Laghead

I dont know if this has been said here but "fibre power" does not mean the cables to your house are fibre. I have a piece of the cable they use and there is no fibre in it. The fibre optic link they use is the one from their server. What you have running to your house is a fairly decent coaxial cable, copper and aluminium core which transmits standard electrical current. There is no fibre optic cable running to each individual router the cost would be phenominul, finomina.. HUGE. I got 30meg 3 weeks ago and my best speed was up until friday last week was 17 d/l Tech guy called on friday and suddenly I'm getting 19 d/l consistently. The u/l has been constant 1.7 but has never been above this and it can be as low as .9 which is S***E. The techie arranged to have engineers do a line check this week but I'm not too hopeful since there general attitude is a bit lacking in care(hate my job kind of way) Something needs to be done so I'm gonna check to see what comreg will do although I reckon UPC can just plead "new network issues" The more people complain the better the response will be so I'm going to keep at them. Fight the fibre power.

Advertisement