Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Issues

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

After 30 minutes I got on to them. Phone and broadband went off last night about 1am. I'm in Glasnevin. There is a general fault, I was told, they are working it at the moment. Strange as it seems the whole city is out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 tpedoussaut

Currently my router is receiving a DHCP lease for 10.249.195.93
    Not very useful to reach the internet.

The connection died just before 4AM according to my smokeping.
    http://birne.staffeurs.org/smokeping/sm.cgi?target=Ping_Europe.Cormac

I'm in Terenure D6W

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Down for me too. Nothing but a recorded message on the UPC support line.
    My modem has been issued a private IP, just like everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

mwrf wrote: »
    I had an internal IP address in the 10.x.x.x Range this morning too. In Sandyford

Excatly the same I have with all lights on beside the TEL lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bk109

I know it's wishful thinking (probably induced by the lack of sleep),but I hope this is UPC's attempt at the long-awaited 30mb rollout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Kilters

My connection is back working now (Dublin 9). Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bk109

Kilters wrote: »
    My connection is back working now (Dublin 9). Anyone else?
    Yep,at least for now D6W is back !

bk109 wrote: »
    Yep,at least for now D6W is back !

Swords is still down (at least for me).

And now it's back but there is something strange here.

My 30 Mb line is very slow (more like 3 Mb) so I try to log into "http://192.168.100.1/_aslvl.asp" to see how my line quality is just to notice it won't let me in.

"http://192.168.100.1/" than shows that my Scientific is now a Cisco EPC2203 and my power level is way down.

Anybody know the correct link to see the details about downstream/upstream?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kilters

I'm pretty sure they've locked down your modem with an update so that you won't be able to get any useful info from it. Happened to me.

My connection is back to normal now. Unfortunately the service outage doesn't look like it was related to any upgrade works in my area as I'm still not getting the 30mb speeds I'm paying for.

835004576.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Yeah mine is still down, im in Finglas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Jet Black wrote: »
    Yeah mine is still down, im in Finglas.
    If its the same issue as other a reboot should now fix it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

And now it's back but there is something strange here.

My 30 Mb line is very slow (more like 3 Mb) so I try to log into "http://192.168.100.1/_aslvl.asp" to see how my line quality is just to notice it won't let me in.

"http://192.168.100.1/" than shows that my Scientific is now a Cisco EPC2203 and my power level is way down.

Anybody know the correct link to see the details about downstream/upstream?
    The firmware was updated on those modems on Sunday before last. That update removed that page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Still down in Glasnevin, despite rebooting on several occasions. Phone also down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭molloyjazz

OMG since 6 this morning my UPC was down.. only just got it back on a min ago.. had to use an interent cafe earlier..anyone else get this!!! nothing that normally works, like turning off the router for a few mins, did anything.. i rung them too they said it was nationwide... fúckin ridiculous if you ask me!.. to top it off they have up are rate to 79.99 a month double of what it normally is, just we went over the 'unlimited cap' or fair usage policy.. its 250gb a month ..FFS why give people a 20Mb line with a ****ty cap like that.. and to think they call it unlimited!! i wish there was another decent ISP in my area!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 XxjustepicxX

Hello lads,I have just recently moved into a new house in Carlow town... I registered for 5 mb UPC and the installer came and said that my house is NOT on the system the installer said that when they were installing the cable now on this street they run from house to house so they bypassed my house for some reason..Do you know if UPC will be installing the cables underground in the future when they increase to 100mb or 120mb so they say.. Thanks for any help I'm really in need of good,cheap and reliable broadband,my friends have it in this area it seems good...
    Any help appreciated!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 XxjustepicxX

One more thing are the cables installed in newer house's underground am I right in saying that?
    By the way these were installed 15 to 17 years ago i think.. thank you..!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭HotDogger

A good thing about their crap customer service is you can just keep banging away at them and feed them ****e just like they do to you. Every time they say "but you have to understand," tell them that they have to understand back. Tell them some other CSR offered you some deal (even if they didn't) and keep pressing to get it, etc.

I hate the bastards but they recently fugged up big time in my favour, so I'm grand ;)

Advertisement