Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragons Den 15/04/2010

Options
  • 15-04-2010 10:58pm

Just watching the golf bag idea. Probably not a runner but there was no reason for Sarah to cut the man to shreds like that. what a b*tch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

Well, that was a shock, Sarah making a good offer

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Oh my god, I am in shock - Sarah is investing. Fair play to him for haggling him though. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

God he's got into bed with the devil.

The lads were saying last week that DJs business went bust last year, so this would be ideal .. with him promoting it it would fly.

Hate hate hate hate that sour faced biatch. she was so rude to some of the people tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭purcela

Was the invention the first guy had not a carbon copy of Shazam, one of the top selling iPhone apps in the world?

Great idea by the hurler, so simple but brilliant. I'm a hurler and will probably shop from his site now, as I'm sure many other hurlers who hear about it will. It's the simplest ideas that work best! Delighted for him.

Also, I usually can't stand Sarah, but she seemed really keen to get involved with the hurl website, has succeeded with a website before, has possibly the most famous hurler in the land as her partner and can sue him to market it, etc. Can't believe I'm sticking up for her for once.

zootroid wrote: »
    Well, that was a shock, Sarah making a good offer

Fair play to the boy for haggling her. Put her in her place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

purcela wrote: »
    Was the invention the first guy had not a carbon copy of Shazam, one of the top selling iPhone apps in the world?

Thats exactly what i was thinking its a poor carbon copy of Shazam,i was really hoping that there would be a avid iphone/itouch user among the dragons that would question why his grab radio is different/better to shazam i would of liked to hear his reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Ammonite

Sarah was quite rude last night alright. It's fine to be honest and say it if you feel the business has no potential, but some of her comments can be quite personal.

Her comment to the cosmetics girl Susan last night was "You will fail miserably" in relation to the packaging of the product. No need for that, I thought the girl came across quite well although I'm not sure what's unique or special about her product.

Liked the hurling website idea, not convinced about the Iphone app after people saying above that it's a carbon copy of something else.

Gavin got a bit cranky with the Iphone guy, didn't he?

Her sour face looking at him every day, and him with a room full of hurls... that isnt gonna end well.. God could you imagine every morning you look at your phone and there she is ringing you... I think I'd commit hari kari and fall on my hurl...

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Maggiesims

Sarah has invested "twice" in this serious what a shocker :eek:. The guy with the hurleys was only looking for 20,000 and he had a great idea. If I was him I won't have excepted her offer. She is so rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Just watching the golf bag idea. Probably not a runner but there was no reason for Sarah to cut the man to shreds like that. what a b*tch

That was a stupid idea in fairness, it was basically a wheelie bin with a lid. She's an investor not your granny!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Hi DJ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

I wonder how Sarah Newman will get on with the man with the hurleys. A couple of weeks ago she said her philosophy was "pile them high and sell them cheap, my only interest is in making money". A good example of this would be her investing in the hurley factory in Slovakia.

On the other hand he seems to be interested in a quality first Irish product. i think she only invested for two reasons
    1. DJ Carey being her partner (ironically he will have some good contacts)
    2. It was only €20K, if it was €50K or €80K i doubt if she'd stick the cash in.

Altogether a disappointing series, by this I mean the attirude of some of the Dragons, a couple of them are just downright mean, sneering and abusive. Surely we can do better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

bijapos wrote: »
    A good example of this would be her investing in the hurley factory in Slovakia.

You mean Jack Carey's (DJ's brother) factory in Slovakia where he's being manufacturing hurleys now for a good few years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

It is seemingly the role of the woman to be the more aggressive and dismissive ... we have seen it in 'Dragon's Around The World' ~ during one a woman invested in a product for 80% and the guy accepted [and left the Den].

Then all hell broke loose and the dragon's were fighting each other and cancelling investments [that they had made with this woman already] until this Bee Woman reduced her investment to 50% ~ it made a first for the Dragon's to recall a product and lower the percentage ...

But, like so many other TV shows, it's all in the script ... I guess the plot is to make us feel like it's real.

bijapos wrote: »
    On the other hand he seems to be interested in a quality first Irish product. i think she only invested for two reasons
    1. DJ Carey being her partner (ironically he will have some good contacts)
    2. It was only €20K, if it was €50K or €80K i doubt if she'd stick the cash in.

I agree. But I think Daithi was looking at it practically. DJs business went bust last year (as far as I know) so he will probably have time on his hands to help with this. If he could get the endorsement from DJ it would probably sell 20k worth of hurls alone.

Also, I dont know how Sarah can make out that she is passionate about making hurleys here (i.e. not having them flown in from other countries.) She has already been involved with a company doing this, so it's certainly not on point of principal she decided to help Daithi's indigenous business.

This is who she reminds me of.
    alf.jpg

I agree. But I think Daithi was looking at it practically. DJs business went bust last year (as far as I know) so he will probably have time on his hands to help with this. If he could get the endorsement from DJ it would probably sell 20k worth of hurls alone.

Also, I dont know how Sarah can make out that she is passionate about making hurleys here (i.e. not having them flown in from other countries.) She has already been involved with a company doing this, so it's certainly not on point of principal she decided to help Daithi's indigenous business.

This is who she reminds me of.
    alf.jpg

Leave Alf alone you basta*d!!!!! :p

Leave Alf alone you basta*d!!!!! :p
    I would rather give ALF ten percent of my company... At least you would get a laugh out of him... HAAAAH!
    alfdragon.jpg

Advertisement