Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E72

Options
  • 15-04-2010 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend the E72? I´ll be using it primarily for:
    1. Work email
    2. Texting
    3. Internet browsing
    4. Bluetooth for the car
    5. mp3
    Can I use the E72 as a modem to connect my laptop to internet and if so how do I get charged for that, does it come out of my data plan?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭leahcim

Work email
    It would work very well for work email. Will connect to exchange and IMAP and POP, this is the kind of thing the E72 is designed for.

Texting
    Obviously very quick to text with qwerty key pad. Nothing fancy but does the job very well.

Internet browsing
    Probably not the best phone for surfing the web. The Opera Mobile web browser (which is free) is much better than the built in one. The main problem with surfing the web with this kind of phone is that you will be using the navigation pad to select links which is not a usable as a touch screen device. In saying all that I had an E63 which is a similar device and I found surfing the web using Opera pretty good.

Bluetooth for the car
    Not a problem, should connect to most kits. It also supports A2DP which would allow you stream music or whatever from your phone to your car speakers over bluetooth if your car kit supports this feature.

mp3
    It plays MP3 not problem obviously it wouldn't be a slick as for example an IPhone but it would do the job. AFAIK the phone comes with a 4GB micro SD card which is handy for your music library.

Can I use the E72 as a modem to connect my laptop to internet and if so how do I get charged for that, does it come out of my data plan?

You can but IT WILL use your data plan.
    You can also install joikuspot and use your phone as a wireless access point, allowing more than one computer to share your data connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

leahcim wrote: »
    Work email
    It would work very well for work email. Will connect to exchange and IMAP and POP, this is the kind of thing the E72 is designed for.

Texting
    Obviously very quick to text with qwerty key pad. Nothing fancy but does the job very well.

Internet browsing
    Probably not the best phone for surfing the web. The Opera Mobile web browser (which is free) is much better than the built in one. The main problem with surfing the web with this kind of phone is that you will be using the navigation pad to select links which is not a usable as a touch screen device. In saying all that I had an E63 which is a similar device and I found surfing the web using Opera pretty good.

Bluetooth for the car
    Not a problem, should connect to most kits. It also supports A2DP which would allow you stream music or whatever from your phone to your car speakers over bluetooth if your car kit supports this feature.

mp3
    It plays MP3 not problem obviously it wouldn't be a slick as for example an IPhone but it would do the job. AFAIK the phone comes with a 4GB micro SD card which is handy for your music library.

You can but IT WILL use your data plan.
    You can also install joikuspot and use your phone as a wireless access point, allowing more than one computer to share your data connection.

Thanks for the detailed reply. Good point about the web browser but I think u can roll ur finger over the navigation pad on the E72 to use as a mouse.

Advertisement