Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limted Broadband access in Boole Library

Options
  • 15-04-2010 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    been in the boole library study last couple of days studing and found that the internet connection was absolute rubbish.I've a toshiba laptop which never seems to automatically connect to the network so I have to do it manualy.I spent 15 minutes trying to connect,homepage came up,went to check my emails and it crashed.Had to try and connect again.
    Does anyone else have problems connecting or is it my laptop because I've heard that toshibas are'nt the greatest for wifi.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

It's a well known problem in the liabary, not your just your laptop

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I've a Toshiba as well, and in certain areas it it grand - what I've found useful to do is use Google Chrome. I was using Firefox which would not connect to the internet until the little world came up at the bottom right hand corner of the screen, but when I changed to Chome I've had no problems. IE was a disaster as well, worse than Firefox, would crash all the time.

I boot up the laptop, give it two or three minutes then I have internet access. About 15 minutes later I can see the network connection saying that I am connected to the UCC Network, with Google Chrome I've had no crashes. With IE and Firefox it was at least once per session!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭theaaao

I've a Toshiba as well, and in certain areas it it grand - what I've found useful to do is use Google Chrome. I was using Firefox which would not connect to the internet until the little world came up at the bottom right hand corner of the screen, but when I changed to Chome I've had no problems. IE was a disaster as well, worse than Firefox, would crash all the time.

I boot up the laptop, give it two or three minutes then I have internet access. About 15 minutes later I can see the network connection saying that I am connected to the UCC Network, with Google Chrome I've had no crashes. With IE and Firefox it was at least once per session!

Cheers rebel girl 15.I'll try that.Originaly I was using firefox but when I was signing up for access the network wouldnt acept firefox so thats why I went with IE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

With my dell firefox doesnt bother working at all. I.E and chrome work perfectly. There are some blind spots for Wi-fi in the library which is why i always try and get the same table every time i go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭theaaao

Anyone know what spots to avoid in the library?And what spots are good for wifi?Usually the postgrad section is good but what about elsewhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement