Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Street Fighter 4 launch event

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

chunkis wrote: »

The tournament is going to be a japanese style tournament, 1 character single elimination.

Awwww, why this way? Time constraints I assume? As it'll suck for new players "Yay a tourney, wha? I'm out after only one game?" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Sisko wrote: »
    Awwww, why this way? Time constraints I assume? As it'll suck for new players "Yay a tourney, wha? I'm out after only one game?" :P

With a single elim tourney, we can just use one or two consoles and have the rest free for casuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

With a single elim tourney, we can just use one or two consoles and have the rest free for casuals.

Exactly the tourney is only to add a little spice to the affair

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Surely Dan isn't excluded from the tourney?

Ha ha it might be Dans chance to shine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

In this case single elim makes most sense.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,390 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Change of plans I will be able to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Wow I'll definitely be along for this. Who's organising and how did you get a game from Capcom?

I'll be there and you all will fear the power of Pink T. Hawk.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Cause its single elimination why not do the tourney on one console.. so we can get every match recorded? Happy days..

Ill be there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I may have my camera along for this yokey. Argos seem to have a massive shortage of cheap tripods nationwide though =/
    Anyone know where I could pick one up for about €20?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Dunno about cheap but there's a camera shop on Grafton St that sells Tripods.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

I think I have a tripod.... in my attic somewhere Ill have a gander.. If you dont manage to find one jus mount it on the back of a chair :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I have a tripod I can bring.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Sairus wrote: »
    I may have my camera along for this yokey. Argos seem to have a massive shortage of cheap tripods nationwide though =/
    Anyone know where I could pick one up for about €20?

I've recently bought a tripod in pc world for €25.I'll bring it along if we need it.
    I'll def be at this and "I'll show u just how strong I am" ..... with adon :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Creature wrote: »
    Wow I'll definitely be along for this. Who's organising and how did you get a game from Capcom?

I'll be there and you all will fear the power of Pink T. Hawk.

And pink Hawk is to be feared.....

:pac:

nice one lads you got posted on another irish site

http://www.techtv101.com/?p=5384

do you know this guy??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sagat06 wrote: »
    nice one lads you got posted on another irish site

http://www.techtv101.com/?p=5384

do you know this guy??

A-trak got in touch with them through the twitter account and they put that it. Tis pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Good stuff, we're already seeing the benefits from streetfighter.ie.

Cause its single elimination why not do the tourney on one console.. so we can get every match recorded? Happy days..

Ill be there :pac:

I could hook my camera directly up to get direct feed footage if this is the case. And then someone else could capture crowd reactions? Just an idea, I've not tested this method yet, must do so at a casuals soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Mmaarrkkyy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Mmaarrkkyy wrote: »

The event is open to all. Everyone is welcome.

Currently the average age is mid twenties but older or younger we don't care as long as you bring your A-game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Orim wrote: »
    The event is open to all. Everyone is welcome.

Currently the average age is mid twenties but older or younger we don't care as long as you bring your A-game.

He could be talking about children?! If so I wouldn't imagine there being many there of that age group.

animaX wrote: »
    He could be talking about children?! If so I wouldn't imagine there being many there of that age group.

There probably won't be many children, if any, but that doesn't mean they won't be welcome if they want to come.

Sure there was that 10 year old at Cannes who was ripping everyone to shreds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Everyone just brings their own pad/stick as standard.

People have no issue with lending sticks for use :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

All three of your posts on boards are in this thread, so how did you find out about us?

We've had a lot of new posters recently which is very welcome and a good sign for the future.

Cool. Welcome to the forums and the community.

We have regular tournaments and meet-ups in Dublin. Limerick is also starting to build a decent number of players which might be a bit handier for you down in Cork.

• Advertisement

Interesting that's the 1st to pop up in results.

We've been doing our best to spread the word that theres an Irish SF/fighting game scene for the past year, spamming people on XBL PSN , forums, youtube, we've a website now facebook twitter bla bla bla

The scenes gotten very big, it started off with a decent enough size of people on here from boards, then people who knew us and so on and so forth but over the past couple of months we've recently had a few people find us just by googling stuff. Which is interesting.

Ultimatly we want to make sure all Irish players who play this game are aware there is a scene and a community for them to take part in if they so wish.

Anyway yeah welcome to the community, feel free to take part in the threads going on here or to start your own. & point the way to any other players you might know who are not aware of the scene. :D

Advertisement