Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Street Fighter 4 launch event

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

How do you go about optimizing the site for google searches?. How would you get the site to be the first result on google when you search for anything to do with street fighter and Ireland?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Bush80 wrote: »
    How do you go about optimizing the site for google searches?. How would you get the site to be the first result on google when you search for anything to do with street fighter and Ireland?

If ye all want, I could ask the higher ups on boards. I'm sure they'd know.

Actually I am sure there's plenty of people who know them personally better than I do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Streetfighter.ie has already moved up quite a bit on the google searches. Google Analytics shows me what terms people searched for and got to our site from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I think you can tell google to make you more visable. The link is here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Mmaarrkkyy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

We can get metatags from the search engines which will help them find our site. If I remember wordpress covers doing that itself.

Unfortunately unless someone here is involved with SEO and all that stuff there is very little we can do to increase our standing beyond what we are doing at the moment. It's all about links on other sites and we seem to be doing alright with that at the moment.

Pages from Ireland :
    Street Fighter Dublin : Site is the third result
    Street Fighter Ireland : 6th result

Pages from the web :
    Street Fighter Dublin : 3rd
    Street Fighter Ireland : 9th

It's on the first page so it's doing all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Mmaarrkkyy wrote: »

Well we've tons of stuff up on youtube. You were looking for us a few months ago? Can you let us know how you went about looking? The community has been going strong for over a year.

I'll summerise for you :

The forums here on Boards act as the hub of the community. The website and irc facebooks and so on stuff is an extension of that , and also advertisement for it.

People travel from all over the country to our events, tournaments and casuals etc. Usually held in Dublin. We've had 9 big tournaments , known as the inferno ranbats. These usually have 30-40 people and its getting bigger every time.

There as been other tournaments and events outside of the inferno series.

& then theres casuals and meet ups most wednesdays and saturdays.

As it turned out there was a collection of players in/near limrick they've recently started having their own meet ups and small tournaments, so they can got more going with out having to travel to Dublin all the time.

& on top of all this theres the lads in Northern Ireland. Theres been a decent scene going in Belfast for awhile, hosted in Queens University by a group known as the DragonSlayers. They host tournaments and we travel up to them and they travel down to Dublin for the inferno tournaments.

A large group of Irish and N.Irish players even went to france recently for one of the biggest tournaments in europe.

Never thought of asking on boards.ie? :p Anyway glad you found us in the end :D

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Looks kinda neat.

lol @ those avatar costumes. Didn't see a Cammy one :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I now actually want to buy this game, and wish it was on the pc all the more :o

heh? Why did you never want to buy it before?

Sisko wrote: »
    heh? Why did you never want to buy it before?

because it's not coming out on pc, yet. may get it on the 360 :rolleyes:

Ah I see, fear not as I'm part of the master pc gaming race myself so I feel your pain.

Unfortunately I'm also obsessed with Street Fighter since 2007 resulting in me buying a PS3 even though I knew SF4 was going to be out on PC during the summer. I wouldn't be able to stand the wait after being hyped for it for a year already.

I still bought it on PC when it came out on it , naturally.

I have hope that super will be released on PC eventually, but its looking like it'll be a while. Well after the summer.

Do you already have a 360 or are you considering buying one?

Ah I see, fear not as I'm part of the master pc gaming race myself so I feel your pain.

Unfortunately I'm also obsessed with Street Fighter since 2007 resulting in me buying a PS3 even though I knew SF4 was going to be out on PC during the summer. I wouldn't be able to stand the wait after being hyped for it for a year already.

I still bought it on PC when it came out on it , naturally.

I have hope that super will be released on PC eventually, but its looking like it'll be a while. Well after the summer.

Do you already have a 360 or are you considering buying one?

i have one, never play it, and i refuse to pay extra money just to play online. that's why I'm very hard pushed on getting it on the 360. and i dont own a ps3. that and the controller on the ps3 is shyte

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I've got two 21st s either side of this to go to, but I'll recover enough to attend or die trying.

Was hoping to have a new stick by then but with this volcano......

• Advertisement

i have one, never play it, and i refuse to pay extra money just to play online. that's why I'm very hard pushed on getting it on the 360. and i dont own a ps3. that and the controller on the ps3 is shyte

Heh this is why I got a ps3 instead of a 360. Compliments a PC gamer better. And **** the monthly fee scam. Although your unbelievably wrong about the ps3 pad v 360 pad in terms of fighting games :p

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Can't make this now :( .. Im pissed off again but car trouble this time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

BanjoB wrote: »
    Can't make this now :( .. Im pissed off again but car trouble this time!!!

In other words, you've done a Banjo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Fnutkrumpler

What's the story with controllers at these events? I'm usually used to using the standard ps3 controller, but I also own a fight pad (they were going cheap lol) Honestly, I think the ps3 d-pad is better, the fight pad one is too big, and the buttons are a bit ****.

I presume the tournament will be on 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

We'll probably use both machines for the tournament, because we have some standard PS3 pad users and some standard 360 pad users.

Thought I wasn't going to be able to make this, but some clever rearranging on my part meant I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

What's the story with controllers at these events? I'm usually used to using the standard ps3 controller, but I also own a fight pad (they were going cheap lol) Honestly, I think the ps3 d-pad is better, the fight pad one is too big, and the buttons are a bit ****.

I presume the tournament will be on 360?

The tourney will be on both I would say. Usually just a decision by the players themselves. I have fightpads for both xbox and ps3 - I will bring them along

We'll probably use both machines for the tournament, because we have some standard PS3 pad users and some standard 360 pad users.

Thought I wasn't going to be able to make this, but some clever rearranging on my part meant I could.
    Broke up with the gf?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Got my ma to do the babysitting instead. It's like a free grandkid for her!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

...... And **** the monthly fee scam....

PSN = crap (consistantly craps out and their software update etc are a joke)
    XBL - you pay, but never/rarely an issue with connects or sustained connection and on our internet, thats sayin something)

Really it boils down to - you get what you pay for for the service. Also, the 360 was alot less than the ps3 when it came out even with the 60 per year. You do get a blue-ray with the ps3 but imho, hardware like that will soon be obselete(already evident). Streaming online is the way in which it is all going, and you don't need a hardware player specially for that.

I digressed a bit and maybe this age old debate is moot now really. :eek:

Agree with Sisko on xbox standard pad....... great for most but absolutley terrible for fighting games. I am sure Cobelcog will disagree but he's just freeekly good at the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

GET HYPE!!!!!!

Advertisement