Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Street Fighter 4 launch event

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

:pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Doom demands you all be hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

What is this "hype" and how do I acquire some?

Is it on the internet?

Monkeyto wrote: »
    What is this "hype" and how do I acquire some?

Is it on the internet?

You must attend the event in order to be hypificated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Hope I get my arcade stick by friday....

Got my "red ringed" xbox back today..but no sign of SSFIV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Hope I get my arcade stick by friday....

Got my "red ringed" xbox back today..but no sign of SSFIV.

I'm in the same boat, me order says dispatched so hopefully I will at least get one day of practice in before Saturday

What stick you waiting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

You'll see on sat!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

ayjayirl wrote: »
    PSN = crap (consistantly craps out and their software update etc are a joke)
    XBL - you pay, but never/rarely an issue with connects or sustained connection and on our internet, thats sayin something)

Really it boils down to - you get what you pay for for the service. Also, the 360 was alot less than the ps3 when it came out even with the 60 per year. You do get a blue-ray with the ps3 but imho, hardware like that will soon be obselete(already evident). Streaming online is the way in which it is all going, and you don't need a hardware player specially for that.

I'm a PC gamer man. I'm not fanboy for either system. Its simple for me, Being charged by Microsoft to use the internet is a scam. Sony's online issues, while over exaggerated are there, but it has nothing to do with sonys online being free. Its sony making the ps3 a bitch to code for. Most people use wireless , and while yes its nice that a wireless connection is built in, its a pretty weak one. Secondly it messes with peoples routers, you really have to put it on a DMZ. But the chances you'll play another guy on DMZ are slim. I don't understand the issue with software updates, I don't use my ps3 much but when I do, and theres an update, I download it and install it and play my game.. I don't get the problem :confused:

I don't give a shizz about blueray, I've never used the blueray player on my ps3.

I've no interest in anyother games on 360, which are mostly shooters. I'll use my pc for that. & I didnt want a disposable console , I wanted one that'd last. Lasty 4 of my mates were on ps3 so that was another reason, that and the pad. :p

One of my mates is a massive sony fan boy and I give him plenty of stick for it, he bought a ps3 on release for 700 euro... There wasnt even any games worth playing on ps3 for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

I shall be making a rare appearance at this event (work's a bitch, innit?). Got to ask, (didn't see it anywhere) what system is this going to be on because I've got a really nice PS3 modded SE stick but only a really crap and giant HAPP stick made out of a cutlery box for 360.

Well, I have a dual-system Datel stick I was intending to mod for tournament use but the parts haven't arrived yet and the stock one's are pretty pants.

Anyway, will I be able o use my good PS3 stick and if not, are there going to be decent sticks available (preferably with a Sanwa JLF with octogate and all Semitsu buttons)?

Either way, I'm going to be rocking Ibuki. 50/50 vortex SJC combo into Ultra? Erm... if I can learn it in time.

This:
    We'll probably use both machines for the tournament, because we have some standard PS3 pad users and some standard 360 pad users.

Also you can probably leave your 360 stick at home and ask to borrow someones if you have to fight someone on 360. Its the norm so it wouldn't be a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Bring your PS3 stick.

animaX has a modded SE that has a JLF with an octogate and Seimitsu buttons that can be used on 360 if you need it.

Unless you're playing him of course!

Also you should add your name to the online player list and get involved with the community online at least since work prevents you from coming to meet ups etc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

Bring your PS3 stick.

animaX has a modded SE that has a JLF with an octogate and Seimitsu buttons that can be used on 360 if you need it.

Unless you're playing him of course!

Seriously? Don't see many of those setups about... that's that sorted (if anyone wants to use my stick they're welcome, too, of course).

Online, I'm pretty heavily into the Eventhubs guys but you're right, actually, I should get more involved locally so I'm off to stick my name on the online jobbie right now.

Kanped wrote: »
    Seriously? Don't see many of those setups about...

AnimaX has a PS1 pcb in the SE, combined with converters he can use his SE on PS3 and 360 and eh of course PS2 PS1 & PC :D

I'm in the process of doing this to my all sanwa, octo SE. Otherwise known as The Octoshite as our very own 'Mr French 3rd Strike'/ 'Tinja the ninja' calls it. :pac:

Kanped wrote: »
    you're right, actually, I should get more involved locally

Damn straight!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

animaX wrote: »
    In other words, you've done a Banjo :pac:

Lol. I fear this is gonna stick!!!. I do hate missing these things though. Surely u'l be back online with super though???. I'll help u with those maths!!. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

BanjoB wrote: »
    Lol. I fear this is gonna stick!!!. I do hate missing these things though. Surely u'l be back online with super though???. I'll help u with those maths!!. :pac:

haha. Originally I wasn't gonna buy super at all until i submit the thesis but I've caved in and will be buying it on friday. However, I'm gonna try my best NOT to take it online until I submit!

...though i'll probably cave in again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

animaX wrote: »
    haha. Originally I wasn't gonna buy super at all until i submit the thesis but I've caved in and will be buying it on friday. However, I'm gonna try my best NOT to take it online until I submit!

Pffft, we know Terry, we know.

However, I'm gonna try my best NOT to take it online until I know who's Top Tier!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Zerroth

I have never heard about this until a friend posted about this on facebook nor I have known about streetfighter.ie or any of the other events I have missed. Until toda. Will so be there tomorrow. :pac:

Zerroth wrote: »
    I have never heard about this until a friend posted about this on facebook nor I have known about streetfighter.ie or any of the other events I have missed. Until toda. Will so be there tomorrow. :pac:

Welcome to the gang. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Damn all ye people up the country! Saving for a summer holiday with the missus is preventing me from travelling anywhere! :mad:

• Advertisement

Personal request! Could someone possibly bring in an Xbox component cable for me to borrow tomorrow? Someone ****ed up my xbox and I need the cable to fix it. Only if you're not using it for your own xbox. I only need it once then can give it back next time I see whoever it is who shall lend it to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

what time
    is there a tournament?

Jesus christ Farz, you really are useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Good luck today lads!

🤪

I'll be there for about 11 for some stupid reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

ill be there around 12 or just before!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Enjoy 2day lads . Real shame I couldn't make it :( . I predict an Adon win 2day just becos he's cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I had good fun today lads.

I was the one playing the Yellow Deejay pretty much all day.

Had a good 50 odd matches against OwMyKneeCap's Juri, which is the most Street Fighter I've every played, across ANY game. I was sucking pretty hardcore to begin with, but I think I got a bit better before the end.

Sorry I took off once a Dudley had me knocked out of the Tourney(gratz to him btw), but at that point I was pretty Street Fightered out!

I did a bit better in the Gamestop Tournament earlier in the day, where I got to the semis exclusively by stomping on children :(
    I'm like the Street Fighter Grinch now :(

Hope to see a few of you on XBL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Needless to say I enjoyed today. Most notably that GameStop tournament that I gate crashed! =D

Got fairly wooped as I thought I would in the actual event, but it was really great to see all the new fighters in use. Got some very handy tips on Juri usage that I shall begin practicing post-haste.
    Some of those Ibuki combos I saw being thrown around were friggin nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Fair play to everyone today, looks like few people are taking up characters :p.

When will videos n such be up? :o

Advertisement