Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Street Fighter 4 launch event

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

GGs to everyone today, I had fun! And 'gratz to Foamy for taking first, very well played

Edit : On a side note, it's great to see more and more people pick up the game and get active in the community. I have to say for what it's worth SF4 definitely deserves some credit there. Also the game seems more fun now, Dudley is great and I will be sticking with him. I'm going to do my best to get better with Super

Until next time, keep it classy gentlemen

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sisko/Jim, can you edit my "interview" so I sound less like a knife-crazy person?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Good day yesterday, had some fun games and a bit of craic in the bull & castle. Interviews were fun, looking forward to seeing them.

Few things to note:
    hakan ultra II = best thing ever
    dudleys standing m-kick > t.Hawk :(
    i vote for a permanent ban for sairus! All in favour.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I have some random crowd footage I can send on if you want it. Nothing terribly interesting, I just left my camera around the room every now and then to record crowds.
    I'll upload the few photos I took after a bit.

I vote for Sairus for king.

animaX wrote: »
    dudleys standing m-kick > t.Hawk :(

This makes me very happy! That was hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Great stuff yesterday, ggs to everyone i played.

It was great to see some new people turn out and hopefully they become regulars.

Cheers to Chunkis for arranging this

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Going to do vids and pics today.

For some reason the final didn't record. The file is there on the card, but it wont open. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

How long did the pub session go on for?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Finished the Bull and Castle at about 1 and I went up to Bruxies on me tod cause Doom is old.

Bruxies have alcoholic slush puppies now and they are mighty.

Jim wrote: »

For some reason the final didn't record. The file is there on the card, but it wont open. :/

****, that sucks

Oh well at least you can't see me getting pwned :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

A big hearty thanks to doom for letting me crash, after my bus didnt show up.
    Never trust public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Jim.. Doom said he caught the final on camera :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Jim.. Doom said he caught the final on camera :p
    Yea, he gave the card from the cam to me to do the vids. File for that fight is corrupt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Ouch, maybe theres a way to fix it? **** did anyone else record the final?

What exactly is wrong with it Jim? If the file size is small I'd say that's a sure sign it's corrupt. Try different media players?

I think there is ways of fixing it , it'll result in one or two seconds of footage being garbled but the rest will play. Ask PPC

I lost my voice at about 11ish I think, so I went off with chunkis and kneecaps, although it would seem kneecaps didnt make it home that night.

Watched back the interview footage on my tv. Damn what was I thinking going in front of the camera its so cringey and I shout down the mic which screws with the sound quality. Ryan your such a natural, you've no reason to be camera shy. You too Barry.

Some people on here managed to escape the interview ambushes, we'll get yeas next time muhahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

There were beers, delicious beers, in the Bull & Castle, and I missed out?

Were there ribs too?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Try using VLC player? plays every type of video file also converts :P

Some random photos.
    My camera sucks for taking photos in the XGC without blinding everyone with flash. Half of these have blurry patches in em, but unfortunately that's as fast as I can make the shutter speed without the photos becoming unviewably dark.

SDC10919.jpg

SDC10920.jpg

SDC10921.jpg

SDC10923.jpg

SDC10924.jpg

SDC10925.jpg

SDC10926.jpg

SDC10893.jpg

SDC10894.jpg

SDC10895.jpg

SDC10896.jpg

SDC10897.jpg

SDC10898.jpg

SDC10902.jpg

SDC10904.jpg

SDC10905.jpg

SDC10908.jpg

SDC10913.jpg

SDC10916.jpg

SDC10917.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

wow i look good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Jim wrote: »

Try reencoding it using http://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
    Its what fixed my videos when they were corrupted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Why oh why did you post a pic of Monkeyto & myself eating sandwiches & discussing anime? :pac:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Why oh why did you post a pic of Monkeyto & myself eating sandwiches & discussing anime? :pac:
    That was the best part of the day! I took three other photos of that momentous occasion but assumed mortal minds could only comprehend that one.

I left my camera around the room and left it recording a few times throughout the day. Here's that footage if anyone wants it.
    Be warned, there is probably nothing interesting in these clips, I haven't even watched them they looked so boring.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z26W68AT crowd 1

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W7HF0TB7 crowd 2

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FFBRQK9T crowd 3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DEUW29L7 crowd 4

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G1WGOA6W crowd 5

May be something of use for myself anyway.

What I could use is some gameplay footage though.

Anyway had a quick start on editing the interviews. If I wanna have it all in one vid I've 10mins 59 seconds to play with. There's nearly an hours worth of footage.

Theres a lot of amusing stuff , banter mixed with solid discussion but it'll be hard cutting a lot of it out to fit in.

Also about half the people interviewed are of the crowd that dislike Super so it kinda makes it look like we hate the game lol :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sisko wrote: »
    May be something of use for myself anyway.

What I could use is some gameplay footage though.

Anyway had a quick start on editing the interviews. If I wanna have it all in one vid I've 10mins 59 seconds to play with. There's nearly an hours worth of footage.

Theres a lot of amusing stuff , banter mixed with solid discussion but it'll be hard cutting a lot of it out to fit in.

Also about half the people interviewed are of the crowd that dislike Super so it kinda makes it look like we hate the game lol :p

Jim has all my game footage sisko, I'm sure it's no prob for you both to have it.

Oh I know yeah I'm in constant contact with him, pity the final is damaged, we're seeing if its fixable. He's not had any luck so far.

I'll prob jsut take a few seconds of footage from one of the games anyway doesn't have to be the final. Like I've too much footage as is trying to fit into the 10:59 mark, I just need some game footage to mix it up with crowd footage for like transition shots and the intro ... kinda thing..

Why cram it all into one video when you can space it out among uploads?

We wouldn't want certain people's opinions being cut :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 xXbacchusXx

Sairus wrote: »
    SDC10904.jpg

SDC10905.jpg

SDC10908.jpg

SDC10913.jpg

SDC10916.jpg

SDC10917.jpg

Alright lads John here, fat bald guy in the pink dan shirt. had a great time last week. i should be up for some more "circles" this sat hangover depending!

Advertisement