Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battle of the bands

Options
  • 16-04-2010 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭

I was in the student bar tonight for this. One band were much better than the rest i felt. However the band that brought a lot of their friends and whatever went through. I think this was mainly down to the fact of that band bringing around 20 friends who stood up the front and did a bit of dancing. They were definately not a patch on the last band who played. I'm just wondering if anyone else saw the bands and their thoughts on the whole thing. Wrong decision was made by the Ents team in choosing the winners.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Was judged by hotpress not ents.

Criteria were Stage Presence, Originality and Performance.
    The basis for choosing the winners,was crowd interaction,originality,LACK OF COVERS,technique and performance.I think youll also find it was Sarah from hotpress who judged(dont remember the second name)not the ents lads,the crowd had nothing to do with it,Givin the last band were pretty awesome especially with their killers cover,they played too many covers which just doesnt work at a battle of the bands.If anything Id say the first band were the favourites to win,and I was surprised to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭gamgsam

Good thing they got through...

Otherwise this wouldn't have happened:

gamgsam wrote: »

I was on the other side of the stage, so his fall didnt look that bad, until I saw the video yesterday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

What the hell happened there? Its like he fell on purpose, judging by the reaction of the guitarist he looked p*ssed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

MuddyDog wrote: »
    I think this was mainly down to the fact of that band bringing around 20 friends who stood up the front and did a bit of dancing.

Every year someone comes out with this rant. It's actually hilarious how similar it is every year.

BTW, was the DJ side of the battle of the bands (the 'mixoff') cancelled or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Every year someone comes out with this rant. It's actually hilarious how similar it is every year.

BTW, was the DJ side of the battle of the bands (the 'mixoff') cancelled or what?
    :D
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055245555&highlight=battle+bands

Fad wrote: »
    I was on the other side of the stage, so his fall didnt look that bad, until I saw the video yesterday :D

Was it as funny as it is in the video? I don't hear anyone laughing in the original... Couldn't make it myself because I was practicing with my own band.

I know it looks like a serious fall, but I can honestly say I'd p*ss myself if I saw that.

No one laughed, wasn't funny at all at the time, he broke a tooth and his face was pretty badly bleeding. Guitar was a bit broken too.

Pete knew he hadnt eaten all day, and he had warned him to eat, and he still didnt, so it didnt really come as a ridiculous surprise. Not the first time he's fainted afaik either.

No one laughed, wasn't funny at all at the time, he broke a tooth

Nevertheless, it was a heroic fall and he took it pretty well. Even my constant slaggin can't seem to rile him up! Oh well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 iSeeStars

Aww Sounds Awsome! xD

• Advertisement

Nevertheless, it was a heroic fall and he took it pretty well. Even my constant slaggin can't seem to rile him up! Oh well :)

Not to mention coining a phrase in his honor: "You're not gonna pull a Callan on it are ya?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Callan91

No one laughed, wasn't funny at all at the time, he broke a tooth and his face was pretty badly bleeding. Guitar was a bit broken too.

Pete knew he hadnt eaten all day, and he had warned him to eat, and he still didnt, so it didnt really come as a ridiculous surprise. Not the first time he's fainted afaik either.

Pete didn't warn me to eat because pete didn't know I hadnt eaten until I was sitting outside with blood running down my face answering the EMT's questions that was when I realised I hadn't eaten, I hadn't been warned to eat by Pete or anything like that, I had a really busy day and due to nerves/excitement I didnt feel hungry at all, that is what happened, just to clarify man.

Callan91 wrote: »
    Pete didn't warn me to eat because pete didn't know I hadnt eaten until I was sitting outside with blood running down my face answering the EMT's questions that was when I realised I hadn't eaten, I hadn't been warned to eat by Pete or anything like that, I had a really busy day and due to nerves/excitement I didnt feel hungry at all, that is what happened, just to clarify man.

I heard otherwise, not from himself though.

Things get added to as they're told.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Callan91

yeah thats fair enough, Im just lettin ya know what actually happened man, the way you heard it makes me sound like an idiot, granted it was stupid to not eat but I didnt think of it

Callan91 wrote: »
    yeah thats fair enough, Im just lettin ya know what actually happened man, the way you heard it makes me sound like an idiot, granted it was stupid to not eat but I didnt think of it

We were all under the impression it was a deliberate ploy so you could faint and break your face/guitar.....obviously!

I heard he sold his soul that night for impressive guitar skills, and satan himself turned up that night to hear him play. But he messed up so he smacked him in the teeth and pushed him over.

But then again, probably hearsay...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

In fairnest, with the total lack of energy from the lads on stage I would have fallen asleep too if I was playing my little triangle alongside them. *ting ting ting* /faceplant

Advertisement