Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prepaid credit card in letterkenny

Options
  • 16-04-2010 6:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I need to book some ryanair flights today, a prepaid mastercard would save me quite a few euro.
    anyone know where i could get one in letterkenny today?
    thanks
    theblueirish

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Hmmmmm. Looking for a prepaid card on the same date as the beers night and in the same town. A bit suss !! ;) oh ryanair tickets surrrrrrrrrre ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Hi All,
    I need to book some ryanair flights today, a prepaid mastercard would save me quite a few euro.
    anyone know where i could get one in letterkenny today?
    thanks
    theblueirish

It might not be the best solution but i have a 3v card that i've used booking ryanair flights few weeks ago. I'm living in letterkenny so if you want to use it let me know :)

The best idea is to fill out all details on website, insurance, baggage etc and on the bottom of the page where it says payment type select 3V card and it will give you the full total then. I made the mistake of not checking the card thing and had to get another 20 quid top up :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Just pop into the post office *(not sure if they all do them but i would imagine that letterkenny do them) cos they can give you a prepaid credt card over the counter, its even called they Ryanair/an post prepaid mastercard was launched just over a year ago....

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/About+An+Post/Media+Centre/Press+Releases/2009/An+Post+takes+to+the+Skies+with+Ryanair.htm

Oops i got that totally wrong you have to apply online then top up in the PO, i was almost certin someone told me you could get on on the pot though, maybe give-em a ring an see if they do? OPn another note i have paid for a good few things online by going to a shop that sell U kash vouchers i duno if ryanair accept them though, you basiclly get a peice of paper like a mobile credit top up and enter the number on the payment screen, tobins in letterkenny sell them if ryanair do accept them....

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

thanks for the replies guys.

make a metal note, dont attempt to book flights at 5am unless your wide awake, the prices i was looking at were for september not july when i want to fly.

Dannie, pm sent thanks.

regards

theblueirish

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

I know it's late but I wanna clear a few things up.

The 3V thing, that still charges you €10 credit card fee. It use to be the Visa Electron that did no credit card fee and you can register on www.entropay.com with your currency as Sterling and it tops up from another credit card or from your bank. You can use this to avoid the credit card fee when booking with EasyJet.

The Mastercard PrePaid www.payzonemoney.ie - You go into any shop that has a PayZone sticker/outlet and then ask for a Mastercard Prepaid. It costs €6 and you will get a Mastercard card and a one time loading card. You can use that loading card straight away to load money onto the card. Then you go online, register and follow instructions, then they will send out your permanent loading card. You will also get your Security Code and the expiry date when you register aswell. This avoids the €10 credit card fee on Ryanair.

If you are really smart, (like me!) you choose the cheapest flights available, don't check in a bag, don't get priority boarding, don't get travel insurance, don't get text message notification and you will end up with the fare you were quoted on the previous page! I have gotten flights for 1c each way using this method.

Currently Ryanair are doing €3 sales, so if you book on the right day and the right time, you can get a return flight for €6.

• Advertisement

thanks donegalgirl,
    I still haven't got round to doing this, the flights i am looking for are last week in july (don't think i will get them for €6).
    I might have to go belfast-london-italy and same back so i would be saving €80 for the four of us, It might be cheaper for me to send my luggage with a courier rather than pay €20 X 4 bags X 4 flights.
    Regards
    theblueirish

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Where are you off to? If you're looking to go in July, then wait til May to book them cos Ryanair usually do sales for the next 2 months i.e. the one they're having now is for May & June.

going to Lake Garda for 12 days so have a range of options, Milan, Bergamo, Venice, Pisa etc.
    Not going unless I get the four of us for less than €400 inc baggage.
    Accomodation is €1500 so any more is just too much.

Might have to settle for a week in Rosnowlagh

Advertisement