Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bad Puns

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

There's plenty of reasons to remove the thanks feature, not just that one.

And there's plenty of reasons to keep it.
    Personally I'd prefer to read diverse puns, good or bad, than piles of :D, :mad:, +1's and people repeating the same points because they want to be heard but can't thank somebody who has already expressed the same point of view.

I see Nothing-man has already made this very point, so I'll just thank his post and save you the drudgery of having to read the same thing again.

I agree.. I like it. Just saying there are more reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭rednik

This thread has made me pungry, anyone got a cream pun.

I'd like to retract what I said in this thread 8 years ago.. I actually love puns now, both good and bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭Allinall

There was a completion there recently. You had to submit witty one-liners.

I sent in multiple entries, hoping that one would win.

No pun in ten did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

They're going to be the death of After Hours.. Worse than 'yore ma' ever was.
    I read a thread here yesterday and the first 3 pages were puns.. Once you've seen one, you've seen them all.

Puns are bad.

It's ok to use cliches though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

This is my favourite.

Got a good chuckle from this one too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Hagar wrote: »
    Humour is very subjective, what's perceived as funny varies greatly from person to person. Otherwise there would only be one comedian telling the same joke and we would all be screaming with laughter while rolling on the floor in a sea of our own urine.

I was drinking coffee whilst reading that. I now have to clean my screen and keyboard. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Allinall wrote: »
    There was a completion there recently. You had to submit witty one-liners.

I sent in multiple entries, hoping that one would win.

No pun in ten did.

Right! Off to the punitentiary with you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Hagar wrote: »
    Humour is very subjective, what's perceived as funny varies greatly from person to person. Otherwise there would only be one comedian telling the same joke and we would all be screaming with laughter while rolling on the floor in a sea of our own urine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement