Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new threat to the Collins family

Options
  • 16-04-2010 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

just read this in the paper today. It seems the Collins family will never have peace.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Jesus Christ what this family are being put through is inhumane.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The mother was very upset recently as well. They had just put up the plaque and later on they found another plaque drilled onto the wall beneath it saying something like

"Our Son is a Victim too" apparently the guy who killed him.

Nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

apparently the guy who is charged with the killing is a cousin of a well know Hyde road resident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

My heart goes out to this family. And I don't want to sound inflammatory here but honestly try telling these people that Limerick is actually fine and they're just living in a bad area. I really admire the courage shown publicly by the Collins family in light of the hell they have been made to endure in their hometown. They have been nothing but dignified throughout their terrible ordeal and I have utmost respect for Steve Collins and his family for refusing to bow to the demands of the thugs that dominate this city. Keep going Collins family, there are many who support you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Berty wrote: »
    The mother was very upset recently as well. They had just put up the plaque and later on they found another plaque drilled onto the wall beneath it saying something like

"Our Son is a Victim too" apparently the guy who killed him.

Nice :D

Is this true? A plaque was put underneath the Roy Collins plaque for the guy who murdered him?

"Our son is a victim too"?....no your son is a fcuking murderer and part of the scum problem in Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Kess73 wrote: »
    Is this true? A plaque was put underneath the Roy Collins plaque for the guy who murdered him?

Very true. I was told by Roy Collin's mother after the unveiling of the Plaque in the pub. Well, she was talking to my mother in law but I was sitting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,454 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

The first thing I thought of when that plaque was erected was "what a bad idea".

For the simple reason, it will be constantly vandalised and probably eventually completely destroyed.

Feel sorry for the Collins family. They will only get peace if they leave Limerick unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Feel sorry for the Collins family. They will only get peace if they leave Limerick unfortunately.

While I admire their strength and appreciate their stance - I only ever feel as if they should sell up and go have a life somewhere, anywhere.

- Why have to live constantly second guessing the motives only ever dreamt up at the ultra low level of these People?

They are just petty Playground Bullies - simple as......

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The first thing I thought of when that plaque was erected was "what a bad idea".

For the simple reason, it will be constantly vandalised and probably eventually completely destroyed.

At this stage, I think that no matter where they went in Ireland, they would have that scum out to ruin their lives.

The whole affair is a shameful example of crime and the law in modern Ireland. If you stop to think about it, what is the reason that they are in this mess? The answer is that they stood their ground and went by the law of the land.

So for doing that they have lost their son, had a person shot in the leg at their pub, had their young daughter threatened with being murdered, and who knows how many other threats.

The price of courage and doing the right thing in Ireland is a high one.

Advertisement