Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emigrating to Austria

Options
  • 16-04-2010 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in a public service job, where my contract runs out in six months time. Needless to say my contract will not be renewed and occassional work in my industry is far from a living.

Has anyone lived in Austria or emigrated there, what was you experience?

I may be emigrating to Austria in the autumn, but I need several ideas for employment. The one recurring idea that keeps popping up is teaching English as a foreign language. Unfortunately I am totally clueless when it comes to TEFL, CELT, CELTA etc. I have lectured in the humanities for the last five years, so teaching experience in general is not a problem.

Has anyone worked at TEFL in Austria?

Would it be feasible to find a teaching job/s in Austria via this route?

What qualification or courses do I need, or should I do to get into this line of work abroad?

I've read nearly all the posts on the subject on boards.ie at this stage and it seems I should just go for a CELTA or CELT to give myself the best chance.

Advertisement