Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awkward Pipe Thermostat

• 16-04-2010 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I have a pipe thermostat on the pipe coming out of a back boiler stove. However, its buried in the chimney wall so that it can attach close to the boiler. It looks like the unit here:

42419469.jpg

Is there a thermostat that has its controls in one unit, with perhaps a wire to a part that can clamped onto a pipe? I cant find anything like this in the heatmerchants catalogue.

At the moment, changing the temperature on the stat is a complete pain in the a***.

MarkZ

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I am not too sure what you mean but what i have seen plumbers do is use cylinder stats and fix it to the pipe using the wire that wraps around the cylinder. It is important to make sure the metal plate on the back of the stat is fixed firmly to the pipe.

As for the controls and stat in one unit... there is but its still done with a command wire effect, tbh this stat should not be adjusted much. Can you not just fit an on off time clock elsewhere.

Advertisement