Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chelsea at the lane

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Thank god we won not pav's day but there's always next week

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

What a result and what a great two games against Arsenal and Chelsea. We done it without Wilson and the biggest thing for me is that the whole team played well in both games.

How unfortunate for those who decided they weren't going to watch Spurs after the FA cup game. You missed some of the best Tottenham team performances for years. Then again the weather is good for gardening or walking with the missus but I know which I'd rather be doing!!

COME ON YOU SPURS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

thudd wrote: »
    My flight is at 1130am for this tomorrow, looks like thats not happening. Dissapointing to say the least. Anyway, Lennon and Bale on each side would be mind blowing. Lets hope we get to see them play together soon.

With or withour Azza, 2-1 Spurs

well called !!!

pity I didnt back this ..... am a pool fan (for shame !!) .... but glad the title race is back open ...hope the bookies get caught after paying out on chelsea.

its a tough one for me to say but of the 3 that have a chance I hope arsenal win it ( I know I shouldnt say that in a spurs fan thread but thats my preference - would also hope liverpool can get 4th - but I severly doubt that can/will happen)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

What a win. Seriously buzzin after such a **** start to a week. Should have been about 6-1 but I will take it. Always in back of my mind that goal diff could decide this. Some great performances out there. Cant wait to get Azza back, Bale one side,Aaron the other. Who would have thought eh.COYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I hate that fúcking volcano...:(

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭larry1

What a game :D Went to my local and got reprimanded for shouting, lol :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Another great performance by the lads ...could've and should've been 7-1

Roll on ManUre

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

fantastic result and great to see City losing. Never dreamed of getting six points v Arse and Chelsea. Bring on Man U. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

What a fantastic week for Spurs, we could have hammered them only for petr chech and Pav been off form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 spursanmhi

we'l give them some game next week.if lennon and the king is fit we'l be seriously hard bet.:D:D:D what a week!!!!! THATS WHY WE LOVE SPURS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

so happy on so many levels

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

If they'd won the semi last weekend I doubt they'd have won those two games so maybe it'll work out ok in the end. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Leucifer

el diablo wrote: »
    If they'd won the semi last weekend I doubt they'd have won those two games so maybe it'll work out ok in the end. :)

Heh, I was thinking the exact same earlier :D

Still I'm delighted the way the lads have responded against Arsenal and today against Chelsea, they have really stepped up.

Chelsea fans weren't singing about "3 point lane" going home :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I was jumping around the apartment today after we won today, in a way similar to when Ireland won the Grand Slam. A few beers and I was on cloud 9. I'm still in shock - I've watched the highlights of the City v's Utd & Spurs v's Chelsea game on both RTE and BBC and I'm still smiling!! :D

COYS!!

If the pav from any other week of the season had turned up today he'd have a hat trick but his hold up play and link up with the rest of the team was excellent.

Ment to mention I thought a proper right back might of dealt better with the Lampard and Bendtner goals someone like Ivanovich would of stopped them but Kaboul's a CB and we won so doesn't matter:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I just fell in the door.

Went to see derren brown but saw more important magic on espn today (I know know but I'm drunk :))

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Well Well Well, what a week......still gutted we didn't win at wembley ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

the beauty of being a spurs fan...youre on the floor one minute and in the heavens the next....i dunno how anyone supports a united or chelsea...whats that.. another premier league title..great...every trophy blends into the next...much better off following someone else(us,villa,everton) much much more sweeter when we do the biz

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

guys i think we will all agree that arsenal had way more of the ball then we did on wed night and we beat them with counter attacks. but we beat chelsea off the park, we should have scored 4. they coudnt live with us, we thumped the team that are winning the league and they had less injuries than we did. it was a fantastic day once again at the lane

another world class save from gomes, if that went it , we would have been 1-1 at half time and the game would have been far different. im not going to comment on the rest of the team as there is ony one thing to say, they were all amazing from start to finish.

wil lennon and wilson come back in? who can you drop. you should never change a winning team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Just watched a recording of match of the day now,It was great to watch it without the nerves and the heart thumping.I still don't know how we didn't score six.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

pav had some shocking misses. he played well enough and worked hard but he is way too selfish.

was just thinking when all the players are back who wil play midfield

i think bale, modric, palacious lennon is our best. ekotto is back to his best so he play left back. id hate to drop hudd but who else can you leave out?

mickman wrote: »
    pav had some shocking misses. he played well enough and worked hard but he is way too selfish.

was just thinking when all the players are back who wil play midfield

i think bale, modric, palacious lennon is our best. ekotto is back to his best so he play left back. id hate to drop hudd but who else can you leave out?
    Modric seems to be playing better next to hudd then palacios tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Yeah I don't think we can drop either Hudd or Modric. I think Palacios has to be on the bench for the next game. Never thought I'd be saying that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Cheers guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭tipperaryjim

Lads - The Lane was hopping on Saturday evening!

Someone told me that BBC Radio said that it was the best atmosphere they'd experienced at the lane for over 20 years... Lets hope the good times are on the way back biggrin.gif

Apart from a few horrible finishes by Pav', it was an outstanding overall performance! One of the best in a long time.

Few beers in the sun drenched beer garden of the Bell and Hare before and after went down a treat too!

Most certainly worth the 2.30am ferry on Saturday morning and banging it back up the M1 at 100mph to make the return ferry yesterday...

Bring on United.

YID ARMY!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

That was the greatest performance I have seen against a top side for years. Jesus we were brilliant. It could have been 6-1.
    Where do I start?
    Bale - best left sided player in the league.
    Dawson- was Drogba playing?
    Huddlestone- sublime passing and he got stuck in. We really missed him when he was injured.
    Modric- Genius- I have slated him numerous times this season but the lad is pure class. Ran the show. If he only he could shoot.
    Pav- could have scored 3. Linked up with Defoe surprisingly well.
    Defoe- dangerous all game.
    Gomes- save as houses.

Lets not forget we hammered Chelsea without King, Corluka, Palacios and Lennon. I know the Arsenal game means more to supporters but we were hanging on in the end on Wednesday. On Saturday we totally outclassed, outplayed and out fought one of the best teams in Euope. They were never going to win. And we played with such style. Very proud to be a Spurs fan.

Advertisement