Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marino College of Further Education

• 16-04-2010 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

Seen as we got a PLC thread:)
    i just wanted to ask has anyone been at the college
    i just wanted to know whats the College like and has it got a Freshers week

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭1071823928

most plc collees dont do a freshers week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

I went there & no there's no freshers week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

Laydee wrote: »
    I went there & no there's no freshers week.

hi laydee :)

is the college any good?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

These 'is it any good?' threads are not really helpful.

One person's experience could be completely different to that of another.
    Marino runs a number of courses in both of its locations and it's not possible to give a yes or no answer to 'is it any good?'.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Smashling7

i went, i studied a media course and found it to be great! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Ruthie_

Hey, I did a Travel & Tourism course there and found it great too. Its not the best social life (as in nights out etc) compared to other colleges but sure your there to learn not party eh?! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,741 ✭✭✭✭looksee

PLCs (VEC) don't do Freshers weeks as they are on the same basis as secondary schools when counting days of class contact, insurance and various other regulations, so there is no scope for an extra week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

Ruthie_ wrote: »
    Hey, I did a Travel & Tourism course there and found it great too. Its not the best social life (as in nights out etc) compared to other colleges but sure your there to learn not party eh?! ;)

;) yep the party life is not for me

nice to here you had a great time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I studied Photography & Journalism there. It was fantastic. The year I was there we tried our hardest to organise some nights out and even brought up the topic of a grad ball at the students union but it never took off, nobody seemed interested.

The Photojournalism students did have an awesome PJ party that year though in Quinns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Keefs10

I did pre-nursing there this year just gone and it was brilliant! the college itself isnt the most modern or fancy as its an old building but its got the basic stuff that all the students need and the lecturers are brilliant!!:).. i have met some of the best people i have made some friends for life!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pauld1

where do people stay who go there ?
    how many roughly for the photography class is there ?

Advertisement