Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buggy for two babies

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 lurky79

Hi Everyone,

We are expecting twins in March and wanted to know what kind of buggy we should get that will do them from day 1 until they are 2 or so?

We have trawled the internet but 'twin' buggies are often for two children rather than twins, where the back seat is for newborns..... so frustrating! They should be called newborn and toddler buggies! :)

We have looked at the iCandy range and although it looks nice and trendy etc, we dont think it will last too long and it costs a fortune too! Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The out and about nipper 360.

It is suitable for twins or a toddler and baby,I am aiming for future proof;)as well as everything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

lurky79 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

We are expecting twins in March and wanted to know what kind of buggy we should get that will do them from day 1 until they are 2 or so?

We have trawled the internet but 'twin' buggies are often for two children rather than twins, where the back seat is for newborns..... so frustrating! They should be called newborn and toddler buggies! :)

We have looked at the iCandy range and although it looks nice and trendy etc, we dont think it will last too long and it costs a fortune too! Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

With or without car seats? some come without any car seats (can get them for €215+, others are sold with car seats (but they cost loads) aprox €645+ for buggy and up to €180 for each car seat and if you want matching foot muffs for car seats an extra €50-70, matching footmuffs for buggy €70-100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Moonbeam wrote: »
    The out and about nipper 360.

It is suitable for twins or a toddler and baby,I am aiming for future proof;)as well as everything else.
    I am in negotiations for one more unless this one is a double. Will check it out - am less than 21 weeks behind you I think.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

When I get it we can put Shane and Dearbhail in it and bring them for a walk to try it out:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Moonbeam wrote: »
    When I get it we can put Shane and Dearbhail in it and bring them for a walk to try it out:)
    Thanks a million :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Be aware that all these buggys with the inflatable tyres roll with almost no effort. So if you let go of them, they'll roll away. So use the strap on your wrist and the brake.

With inflatable tyres a decent cycling track pump and tubes with angle valves make it much easier to keep the pressure up in the tyres. A compact CO2 gas canister and puncture repair kit is handy for punctures. That said we've had none and rarely need to pump the tyres. On our 360 I put silicon grease on wheels' shafts so they pop off that much easier, when folding.

Good tips there.
    We have a maxi cosi mura 4 so well used to the inflatable tyres and wouldn't swop them for anything now.
    We have a petit zia for the creche which is the best stroller that we found but it is only good for shops and bringing her to the creche,have a graco quattro tour that was passed down to us and is great in so many ways except I hate the wheels and feels heavy to push.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

We have the out and about nipper and it's fab! Only 1 minor problem to be aware of and then you'll be fine.. take a small pump with you (I think you can get one that clips onto the frame) because the tyres do tend to go flat quite alot.

It looks like it won't go through some doorways, but we have always managed. It's so light and easy to steer. The raincover fits really well and the kids have no complaints about getting in. Both seats recline and the pads are sufficient for comfort.

I have tried/owned other buggies and this has been the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The tyres shouldn't go flat a lot. Thats not my experience. I'd suggest swapping the tubes, you might have a faulty valve or two there.

http://www.twins-store.co.uk/epages/62046134.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62046134/Products/%22buggy_tyre_puncture_12%201/2x21/4%22
    http://www.twins-store.co.uk/epages/62046134.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62046134/Products/%22ts%20replaement%20inner%20tubes%22

Something like that. I was going to do that, but didn't need to yet. I used the angle valves on the kids balance bike its much easier to pump now. Decent pump helps though...I have one for the bike and its a joy to use. Something like this. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=4949

• Advertisement
Advertisement