Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USELESS estate agency

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

I think it's quiet nice, just agree with the bedrooms, they are missing and I expected photos.
    And probably better to put an asking price up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Carpenter wrote: »
    Hi
    Thank you for giving me your view but to be fair to him it is hard to show space when it is 10 acres
    And the horse thing I think was more about the background I must ask him

Not that hard, you mightn't be able to show the whole 10 acres certainly but a shot from further away would show boundaries and give an idea of the size of the gardens and position of the house

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Carpenter wrote: »
    It will go to auction and its a horse :p all I am looking for is a bit of feed back
    Personally I think you have done a good job on the interior, at least the little that we can see of it! Definitely think there should be more interior shorts, and maybe one of the front of the house, how it looks driving home if you get my meaning. The current far off sideways shot is odd looking to my eye.

The kitchen/washing machine shot doesn't sell anything to me, I always like to see the kitchen as I know I'll be in there a lot as will my guests hopefully enjoying a cuppa and a natter there with me and my better half.

Have to agree with the others, no guide price means i wouldn't even have looked at it unless you had posted the link here.

It does look like a nice home, best of luck with the sale.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

I have been looking for a house/flat for the last 8 months or so and really, the quality of service from from the vast majority of Estate Agents /Auctioneers is extremely poor to put it mildly. They seem to have no idea how to advertize a property nor what information a prospective purchaser wants. When I e-mail them for further information over 50% do not even reply at all.
    Do they not realize that it is not a sellers' market at the moment. I can so easily go to another property.
    I automatically pass over any property which does not have a least one photo or does not have an asking price.

The main things that interest me about the property are:
    Size of Bedrooms?
    Do the bedrooms have any fitted wardrobes?
    Size of living/kitchen/dining room area?
    Are there any fitted kitchen units, worktops included?
    Are there any Kitchen applianes included?
    What does the bathroom consist of, bath, shower, WC, shower cubicle, shower over bath, bidet?
    Is the bathroom tiled?
    Central Heating - if any, type, gas, electric, oil, solid fuel?
    Is the property double-glazed?
    What is the BER / Energy Efficiency Rating?
    Is any furniture included?
    Type of flooring?
    Freehold or leasehold, ground rent?
    Car parking?
    Gardens: Front, Rear, side?
    Service charges, annual / quarterly / monthly; how much and what do they include?
    Any photos? Front of building, kitchen, living-room, bathroom, bedrooms and garden if there is one?

If I don't like the front of the property, then I am not interested in said property as this cannot be changed, unlike the interior of the property. And if the property has "spectacular views", let's see them in a photo. Spectacular may not mean the same to me.

When there are no photos supplied I always feel that there is something to hid relative to the condition of the property. Likewise, failure to have a photo of any room indicates to me that there is something wrong with that room/s.

Again, if there is a well looked after garden, the house is also probably well looked after - but I need to see a photo.

Wake up Estate Agents, provide a service for your clients and earn the fees they are paying you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

8. And I'd like fake bids to be outlawed. Any serious offer should be lodged with a solicitor who will verify it as an officer of the court. Not an EA whose ethics are as elastic eh elastic.
    They are illegal, some guy in the UK was done a couple of weeks ago under EU rules for bidding against himself on ebay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement