If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" What Hi-Fi TV of the Year - A Boardie Deal!

Options
  • 16-04-2010 11:16am
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Guys,

I have a sneaky weekend special for you on the What Hi-fi 32" TV of the year - exclusive to Boardies.

The model is Philips 32PFL7404h

It normally retails at €699.99 - we have secured a limited quantity to go out at just €549.99 - over 20% off!

I cannot find this TV anywhere in Europe within €50 of this offer price!

This is what it looks like (It's a beauty!)

picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=5920

This is the full spec:
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl7404h_12/32pfl7404h_12_pss_eng.pdf

And best of all here is a link to the What Hi-fi review (The TV was reviewed at £650 :eek:) http://awards.whathifi.com/winners/televisions/2009 If you click through the 32" award you will see the full review and a video review as well!

The replacement for the 7404 - the 32PFL7605 will be €899.99 at launch - so grab a Boardie bargin while you can!

Keep me posted if you would like one and we will get you sorted asap,

Thanks as ever,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi All

These TV's proved to be rather popular over the weekend but I still have a handfull remaining.

If you'd like one reserved for you best give us a buzz quick:)

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Hi, how would you consider the new 32pfl5405h compared to the 32pfl7404h? Which would have the better picture and features? I am considering one of these tv's as they are both priced fairly close to each other. What would delivery to Mayo for either of these tv's? Thanks for any advice.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi, how would you consider the new 32pfl5405h compared to the 32pfl7404h? Which would have the better picture and features? I am considering one of these tv's as they are both priced fairly close to each other. What would delivery to Mayo for either of these tv's? Thanks for any advice.

Hiya Self - hope all well!

The 32PFL7404h is a great set (what Hi-fi have made it their 32" of the year this year) and at €549.99 it's at a crazy price.

However I have not yet had a look at the new 32PFL5405 which will be one of the only LCD's left in the new Philips range - the spec does appear to be slightly higher than the 32PFL7404 ( faster refresh rates, better audio quality) and as you say the price is similiar- we expect to have the 32PFL5405h in the 1st week of May.

We HAVE seen the 5605 series though - and they are a serious step up from the 7404 series - LED based and 500,000:1 Contrast ratio!

I have PM'd you pricing on both and of course give me a shout if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Do a trade-in on my 22" Philips LCD? ;)

Hi Blastman

Thats what bedrooms are for - a place to put smaller TV's when you out grow them.

ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

i can confirm that this is an outstanding tv.

Have had it since november of last year and couldnt be happier. Have it connected up to 5 different inputs and its been a dream.

Richersounds are the way to go, price and service wise!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Hi Blastman

Thats what bedrooms are for - a place to put smaller TV's when you out grow them.

ash

Wish you'd suggested that years ago and then I woulnt have ended up with five kids :)

Ahhh, ok!

maybe keep it in mind for next time eh..................

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Wolfhound14

Any amazing deals on something larger. I just moved to a new house and our 32" is just not big enough for the larger sitting room!!!

We have a wide range of new screens coming to us over the next few weeks including a couple of 37" and 40" models.

We'll also see 46 and 52" screen sizes a little later as well.

We are rapidly clearing through our current stock at the moment - was there a particular model or screen size you had in mind?

cheers
    ash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 pixar

John can you give me a price for the 32PFL5405 as I am looking to pick up a tv soon.

Pixar

Hi Pixar

This TV will sell for €599.99 and is due 1st week of May.

Just to make sure, this isn't one of the new LED Edge-Lit LCD TV but it will be quite an improvement over the out going 32PFL5404H as it now has a 100Hz/2ms screen.

I'll post up as they become available - May seems to be the magic month for 5 and 7 series TV's

cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 pixar

Thanks for the quick reply Ash does that price include Boardies discount ;)

Pixar

Hi Pixar

message sent

cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mp3kid

Ash does that price include Boardies discount ?

Hi Mp3kid

Our special price for the 32PFL7404H is €549.99.
    Aas this has been reduced from €699.99 AND is better than the normal Boardies discount I cant reduce it any further.

Great price for it!

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭KJF

Is this deal still on?

Hi KJF

I only have 2 of these TV's remaining in store, both are on display but have full packing and 2 year warranty.

Yours for €549.99

Interested??

atb
    Ash

Thanks Ash, if they're display models then I think I'll give it a miss and hold out for the 32PFL5605H. Are you still expecting them in this week?

One more question. I'm looking for a stand to go along with the new TV. Do you sell stands?

Hi KFJ

You are in luck - we had a brand new boxed 32PFL7404H reserved in our stockroom for another customer, but he has now dropped out.

So I have a Brand New, boxed 32PFL7404H in store if you'd like that.

how does that sound???
    Ash

• Advertisement

Hi Ash, that sounds good. I might pop in after work later on this evening for a look. Thanks!

Hi KJF
    Grand
    I'll provisionally reserve it for you so it doesn't get sold through before then.

I'll show you the stand options I have for it as well.

cheers
    Ash

Picked this up yesterday and it's wonderful. Thanks again and don't forget to let me know when the new stands come in!

Hi Folks

I have 2 of these TV's remaining in stock for €549.99.
    Both are on display and ahve all the orig packing & pits n' pieces.
    You'll get a 4 year warranty with them as well.

these are my last two to clearout.

Anyone interested?
    Would make a great main TV for small room or indeed a bedroom...

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Folks

Now only one left - a Boardie was very quick to pm me and scoop one up.

So now only one remains looking looking for a good home.

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Patrick_K

Hi Ashley,

Still got this last one ?
    I'm the the market for a 32' full HD, 100 Hz, preferably LED but doesnt have to be.
    I'm interested in the internet connectivity side of things so have been trying to look into what are my best options for this.
    Budget is ~600
    Also looking for a Blu-ray player too.
    Suggestions welcome ....

Thanks
    PK

Hi Patrick

Afraid not, it didnt hang about for long:)
    What I do have is a one 32PFL8404H that we put on our display wall Tuesday afternoon.
    This TV can be yours for €719.99 if you like (priced at €799.99 in store) its only a few days old now.

How does this sound?
    Oh you get a 4 year warranty with this TV at the moment as well

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Patrick_K

It sounds too expensive for me Ashley :-)
    Thanks
    PK

Hi Patrick

I have the new 32PFL5405H in stock - just collected today.

This is a 100Hz LCD TV with a 2ms response time and Pixel Plus HD
    This is one of the standard LCD TV's (its not and LED backlit TV)

The inclusion of 100Hz and a fast response time really helps it out with motion handling especially when compared to the last generation of 5 Series TV's

Here is the spec for this TV

http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/32pfl5405h_05_pss_eng.pdf

This set retails for €599.99

How does this one sound to you?

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭meisce

Hi Ash do you have many of those 32PFL5405H's in stock ?
    my Phillips 32" CRT finally died today and I'm looking to replace it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.