Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky+ Box Free for New Customers

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭txt_mess

baileye wrote: »
    I called the call centre this morning, I'm not cool enough to get a free Sky+ box, I got the same "we can't hand them out without extra subs or we'd lose money" answer. I could have got it with a €30 install if I signed up for HD at €15/month, even as an existing customer, so that's something they seem to offer to everyone.

Also he was completely unmoved when I said I'd consider moving to UPC.

Not sure if it goes to different groups of people but I when I got in touch i went through thte options and went for the cancellation options not sure if they have pre approvals to offer deals.

Also were you looking for Sky + or Sky + HD becasue all you have to do is sign up for Sky + and they'll give you the HD box ( no sub ) as they don't make just plain Sky + boxes anymore so even when you order Sky + you end up with the HD box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭damoz

Freesat FTW.

Look up the Humax PVR box (EPG, HD and +Recording) , and say goodbye to Sky. Thats what i did anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I'd say a lot depends on who you get to talk to.
    I got a bloke who could barely speak English. spent ages trying to explain what I wanted and wasn't happy, too expensive blah blah.
    Asked him what he going to do for me but after some time trying to explain, I gave up and told him to cancel the sub.
    No response apart from that's fine Sir, we'll cut you off then, bye, bye
    and that was the end of my relationship with Sky.
    you and i got the same bloke then
    no good haggling
    yes
    no
    and no such thing as maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

scottish call centre is your best bet for offers if you are trying to cancel going on previous reports on this forum.. but then again they have tightened up on retention offers a lot.... the cork and india call centres are contractors whereas the scottish one is direct sky employees...maybe thats something to do with it?

scottish call centre is your best bet for offers if you are trying to cancel going on previous reports on this forum.. but then again they have tightened up on retention offers a lot.... the cork and india call centres are contractors whereas the scottish one is direct sky employees...maybe thats something to do with it?

you are right, it was cork i called, where will i get in contact with reel deel when i am going back on

goat2 wrote: »
    you are right, it was cork i called, where will i get in contact with reel deel when i am going back on
    i have e mailed headquarters, hopefully they will be more helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Soarer wrote: »
    Their call centre's in Cork.

After 6 you are diverted to India, did so twice this week. Guy in Cork gave me the number for them but I'd say thats a 9 to 5 number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

Fiskar wrote: »
    After 6 you are diverted to India, did so twice this week. Guy in Cork gave me the number for them but I'd say thats a 9 to 5 number.

Didn't know that.

Maybe people should ring before 6?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I rang during the day from work and was definately not talking to someone in India, she was either N Irish or Scottish, cant really remember, she was nice and efficient. I just wish I rang to cancel a couple of months ago, i'd definately have stayed wirth Sky with the HD+ box.
    I am finally free of eircom though, manys the battles i've had with them over the years.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Just got it done through the Cork call centre. Nice and easy, the guy was very helpful. It was a relief to actually get through to somebody who could understand me and vice versa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

I rang today to try and get my box upgraded. They said it would cost €99 plus €60 installation fee or just a €30 installation fee if I upgrade to the HD package for 12 months.

No way he was giving me a Sky+ box without upgrading to HD or paying €159.

I spoke to Cork btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I got my box installed today (new customer), and it was a HD box, even tho I didnt sign up to the HD channels
    I think they're either just leaving the temptation there for people to sign up to HD, or so they have less boxes to replace when HD becomes the standard for all TV channels in a few years

(on a tangent, I think I might be missing a few of the channels I'm supposed to get in the €32 package, will have to do some serious sluething)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭baileye

OP here: my original free box and install for a new customer offer still stands, especially since evil Sky won't give me a free box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

baileye wrote: »
    Sky won't give me a free box.

kOL4hm20xikn90c7VxR6FkxVo1_400.jpg

Advertisement