Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new nightclub in greenwood furniture?

Options
  • 16-04-2010 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

i hear talk of a new nightclub being opened up by eamon langton that will be for 18 to 20 year old's?
    if its true its a bit out of the way in terms of location but at least younger people will finally have a place to themselves

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

While he's at it he might as well buy the station and water works and put a few hotels on Mayfair.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I hear he already owns the electricity company too

The church across the road from his place would make a fantastic nightclub, if he could get that.

He could call it the 'Monastery of Sound'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Sure is langtons not a kiddes disco anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

I haven't heard anything about Langton buying the place but I had a peek into it last night when I was walking past and it's an EPIC building. The scale of the place is massive. Might be a good venue, dunno how well that part of the town would sustain a nightclub seeing as Parliament Street is already dying a bit of a death but still, anything is better than letting the space go to waste.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I heard they're putting a Dunnes Stores in there.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Another Dunnes, another Langtons!? Is Kilkenny turning into some kinda Dunnes vs Langtons turf war!?

I don't think anybody in their right mind would want to open a nightclub specifically tailored to 18-20 year olds, it would be an absolute nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Ah but Bootsy anyone interested in making a business from an opportunity would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

I heard Eamon Langton secretly lives in Kilkenny castle!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I also heard he only has eyebrows on Saturdays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

He's not even a physical entity, he exists only in the form of electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

They should give it a cool name, because its the coldest building in Kilkenny

I bet a bit of Healium would heat it up though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

Damn, you got there first!:D

The nightclub though is a good idea rather than leaving the unit empty and it is pretty big (so maybe enough space for some sound insulation this time? eh Eamon? so we dont have to listen Flo Rita forty times every night)

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Whatever way it ends up it'll probably look classy. Eamon Langton doesn't do things half arsed.

Pius Phelan should take some notes. I hear Club Pegasus looks like a wore out old furniture store.

Have you seen their logo? It's extremely homogneasach.

You always hear all sorts of daft rumours circulating when a building changes hands or gets renovated. I would be amazed if anyone put a nightclub in Greenwood. I wonder would they still have the never-ending sale if they did though?

Mssrs Langton were bang on the money with Set, filling a local niche perfectly. I think they know better than to attempt to fill 20,000 square feet of warehouse with puking kids though.

God you'd have a deadly rave in there though wouldn't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 swifty73

heard dunnes got it to keep it empty,so tesco cant have it.ha ha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

If he does open a new nightclub, I hope he has better DJ's and music in it than he does in his exisiting venure - pure sh!te.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Eamon Langton doesn't run the Nightclub anymore it's the young lad and has been for quite a while.

MidlandsM wrote: »
    If he does open a new nightclub, I hope he has better DJ's and music in it than he does in his exisiting venure - pure sh!te.

Go to Set. Tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Go to Set. Tonight.

I certainly wish I could.....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

I have to say Id never set foot in Langtons again, its like a barn dance gone wrong, they might want to take note of a few clubs in the uk such as Liquid etc or even time in Nass

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭gunner11

nite club? Dunnes? is this how rumours start!

im presuming ye guys know that an bord pleanala recently granted a redevelopment of that site & the vegetable shop to a commercial hostel and some shops & offices. if so, ignore this post!

http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/235279.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

gunner11 wrote: »
    nite club? Dunnes? is this how rumours start!

im presuming ye guys know that an bord pleanala recently granted a redevelopment of that site & the vegetable shop to a commercial hostel and some shops & offices. if so, ignore this post!

http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/235279.htm

A hostel for no tourists, offices for no businesses and shops for no customers!

00Blaine00 wrote: »
    A hostel for no tourists, offices for no businesses and shops for no customers!

This will certainly enhance John St. as Irelands stag and hen capital.

This will certainly enhance John St. as Irelands stag and hen capital.
    yeap,just what they want,stag tours instead of bus tours.
    we dont need bigger footpaths and a nicer centre,just for people to vomit all over and dogs to **** all over the place. what a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I its like a barn dance gone wrong,
    I'm still chuckling a day later at that line, classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Supra lover 87

If he was to do it he better do it right and throw a lot of money into it and put proper djs into it.

Also not have crappy ones like langtons playing the same crap songs three times in one night.

Id like to see a proper nightclub in Kilkenny with proper sound systems with proper bass that will attract class djs to play here.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

exactly. there's plenty of examples in the uk where a niteclub can be done right. proper music and proper atmosphere and plenty of space make it a winner.

• Advertisement

miece16 wrote: »
    exactly. there's plenty of examples in the uk where a niteclub can be done right. proper music and proper atmosphere and plenty of space make it a winner.
    good idea but dont need to go like uk clubs,holland germany and spain have far better clubs and dj,s .peddling lisa lashes and headliners does not work here ,just end up shipping in nackers from carlow to ruin the scene for anyone thats into it.a club needs to be high class with out been toffie

Advertisement