Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

FIRST CAMPER

• 16-04-2010 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to buy a campervan for me and my son(and Missus sometimes) to have weekends/days away in.

I'd like something compact for a start till i see if we enjoy it and it becomes aregular thing.

Has anyone any ideas of whats a good starter campervan. pros & Cons of different types etc etc.

was looking at old VW's and Bedfors rascal/Suzuki Supercarry and older Bedfords and ther like.

Any help appreciated:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Hi,

I want to buy a campervan for me and my son(and Missus sometimes) to have weekends/days away in.

I'd like something compact for a start till i see if we enjoy it and it becomes aregular thing.

Has anyone any ideas of whats a good starter campervan. pros & Cons of different types etc etc.

was looking at old VW's and Bedfors rascal/Suzuki Supercarry and older Bedfords and ther like.

Any help appreciated:confused:

If you're buying something double the asking price for a realistic idea of what it will cost you. With vw all parts will be really easily obtained and there will be a myriad of bits and bobs available for customisation etc.
    The vw vans are really a terror for rust and unless you have hundreds of hours to spare yourself or thousands of euros to spend on welding and paint you need to be buying one with NO rust.
    I gave our vw to a mechanic that loves welding and a year later hes only about 50% of the way there.
    Most other old vans you'll never find parts..

Advertisement