Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Utd Dos & Donts

Options
  • 16-04-2010 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm currently in a Man Utd game in 2018, where I've adopted a policy in investing in young players and bringing them through my ranks as well as using staff that are ex-utd players. I'm just doing it because it gives the club some sort of family type indentity. I've seen all the current utd players develop so I though I'd just give you a heads up if any of you are starting a file with them.

Good ex-utd player staffers:
    - Giggs*
    - Van Der Sar (GK coach)*
    - Scholes (Spurs got him as 1st team coach for a while)*
    - Gary Neville (Always being made offers by other clubs)*
    - Phil Neville (Asst manager at Hudderfield)
    - Owen (Manager at Portsmouth)
    - Butt (Managed to hold onto him for a while but goes on to become a good manager, Notts Co currently)
    - Rio Ferdinand (Managed to hold onto him for a while but goes on to become a good manager, West Ham currently)
    - David Beckham (Sign him and then keep persuading him to stay in the game, my best coach by a mile)*
    - Patrice Evra (Good Scout, starts with weak stats but they rapidly improve)
    - Bring back Arthur Albiston as a Youth Coach, World Class*

The maybes:
    Wes Brown - Good stats but only started coaching*
    John O'Shea - Good stats but only started coaching*
    Berbatov - Weak stats as a Scout but well regarded in AZ

Don't sell these players:
    Petrucci - Sold him to West ham for 2.5m and now at Roma worth about 30m - Next Fabregas
    Amos - Now England second choice keeper, at Zenit
    Diouf - Turns out to be a very good goalscoring squad player
    Cathcart - Now at Chelsea worth 11m, their best defender
    Nani - Seriously underrated, now at Real after being Lyon's player of the season for years

Non youth players that I shouldn't have sold: Foster, Valencia, Tosic

I'm sure there's plenty I've left out but I'll update if so. I hope this helps some of you out.

* Currently at the club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

sorry didn't mean to reply to this can't find delete button!

Advertisement