Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making ourselves offishul

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BourketheJerk

Hey guys, just heards about this place called Swan Cinemas and apparently they would be able to host gaming events : http://www.swancinemas.ie/alternative/gaming/.

Not too sure about the details cos it doesn't say much on the site, but it could be a good alternative to the xgc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

somebody mentioned street fighter on their twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Their gaming appears to be on the big cinema screens. Wouldn't really be suitable for us. Although worth looking into if they have a proper set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Capcom hosted an event with ryan hart in germany in a cinema.

Proper telly for the boys, big **** off cinema screen for the spectators.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Was anything decided or done on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Just read read through the thread and all considering, I agree with the committee idea, or at least a team of people who work to keep this movement going, if you get my drift.

If you going to consider buying equipment, it should be stored in a central location when its not in use, maybe storage companies could come in handy here?

As for venues, you should consider going outside the pale every now and again, a lot of people ( myself included ) are finding too inconvenient and out of their way to go to any of the casuals / tournaments, so maybe consider doing special tournaments in different parts of the country, say 4 - 6 times a year.

Its all up in the air but i'm just putting it out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

There are several people from Cork who have posted here. Why not do what the Limerick guys are doing and start your own scene with casual sessions somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Wasn't exactly sure were to post this but how often do you guys get together for casuals on Liffey Street? If I can find the place I wouldn't mind going some weekend, but I got my Leaving Cert coming up so I wont be free during June.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

We meet up twice a week in Dublin. Saturday afternoon and Wednesday evenings.

There's also limerick meets on Saturdays and hopefully Cork soon.

There's a thread with some info on things that are happening : http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055879265

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Cool thanks, any casuals in XGC this weekend? Or should I continue in the other thread?

• Advertisement

Yup should be casuals on Saturday. I've put up a thread so you can ask any questions there :http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65843994#post65843994

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Was anything decided or done on this?

Sorry ayjay, just saw this now, regarding the sf launch event, there was a number of long conversations about the scene and future events and such.

But no decisions were made, or at least in the discussions I was involved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

No worries sisko - just bumbing the thread as it is important - more so than I think some peeps think. I am not having a go with that statement, just mho.

Non-informative bump.

I've said everything I've felt the need to cover for the moment but I think this weekend has/should have shown how important this issue is.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah.

I really think this should happen now. Before this happens again, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Agreed, let's just go ahead and do it, someone make a new thread for nominations or something

edit: oops, didn't see the new thread

Advertisement