Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part-time Law/Legal studies

Options
  • 16-04-2010 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hey,

Im just finishin up in college in the next month or so and am looking into maybe doing some sort of degree/diploma in Law/Legal studies area. Anyone have a good experience with one or know about a good one thats offered? Would be able to manage maybe 3 evenings a week... Prob based near dublin would be the handiest!
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

DIT,Griffith College and Portobello all do part time LLBs.
    I know people doing the DIT one you do it as a post grad ,under grad degree so it take less time then if you do not already have a degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭McGaz23

Moonbeam wrote: »
    DIT,Griffith College and Portobello all do part time LLBs.
    I know people doing the DIT one you do it as a post grad ,under grad degree so it take less time then if you do not already have a degree.

Thanks for that will have a look at it so!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I am 20. I did not go to college after my LC and don't wish to do a full time course. I have always had an interest in legal studies. Is there any part time course available for maybe 3 nights a week. All the ones i have seen say I need to have a degree.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Portobello and griffith do not require degress for access

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Hey I'm currently studying a Diploma in Legal Studies in DBS (no hating please!!)

It runs over 2 nights a week for either 7 months or 10 months for the Advanced Dip. They have two phases, October start or March starting.
    I find the lecturers are great and the classes are small - there are about 30 in the class.

They also have the LLB, which runs for 3 nights a week over three years - which I'm hoping to apply for soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement