Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Geothermal Heating What Materials to use

• 16-04-2010 1:27pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 7

Hi all,

This is my first thread and i am looking for some advice so go easy!!!!

I am currently looking into to geo heating for a new build but i cant seem to find out what type of Polyethylene pipe is used for the ground collector.

What is the operating pressure of a closed loop geothermal system and what type of fittings are used to join the piping?

Looking forward to hearing from you all!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Spannerman7

Hi Alfie,
    I looked into going this route a few years ago for my build but the figures did not stack up, electricty is too expensive here in my view for it to be worth while, I spoke to a few people who had it put in to their new builds and they were not that impressed. As for your question, I never got that far. May be some of the other peeps on here might have a different opinon.

Advertisement