Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Time Renting

Options
  • 16-04-2010 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Hi guys, I'm looking for a little apartment to rent at the moment for myself and my 3 year old daughter. Anyways as it is my first time renting somewhere I'm just looking for advice. The first landlord I phoned and seemed quite nice when I told him it was for myself and my daughter he immediately assumed I woudl be paying with rent allowance and couldn't stress enough how he didn't accept this. After explaining that I work full time in a good job which I love, I'm not a party animal and I am really quite and tidy and clean, he said he woudl call back to arrange me viewing the apartment. I haven't heard from him since. Do you think I coudl get away with not mentioning that I have a daughter as I can't understand how this shoudl be a problem for anyone. Any advice would be great as I'm completely new to the renting scene. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

That's terrible.

Just mention that you're looking for a place for 2 people to book a viewing. Don't let this experience dishearten you. It might have been a lucky escape from that landlord!

Good luck with the search.

Advertisement