Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taste of Dublin

Options
  • 16-04-2010 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭

Hey
    I saw a promotion for tasteofdublin over the past few days, was two tickets for 30 euro (almost 1/2 price), if anyone can tell me the promo code for this it would be hugely appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,936 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Did a quick Google and found this!

Put 'OBRIENS' as the voucher code on the website. Then you'll get 2 standard tickets for €37 (includes service charge of €3.50 per ticket).

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

May buy 2 for one, so that I can get more vouchers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭smallgarden

i thought taste dublin thing used to be free and then you had to pay for food samples,now they charge you to get in and then more for food samples,madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

i thought taste dublin thing used to be free and then you had to pay for food samples,now they charge you to get in and then more for food samples,madness!

+ 1.

Imagine paying to get into a restaurant which is overrun with kids and you have to queue for everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

When I did it last year, I got money in the form of vouchers that could be used there. From what I've seen, it seems to be a fair to attract businesses by companies. It's open to the public as these days, you never really know who does what. I've seen butchers giving business cards to people looking to "get large orders", and I've seen people like myself taste different things.

Imagine getting into a restaurant for free, and not buying anything? With the vouchers that you get, you are encouraged to buy (or you'll be wasting your money), and thus you'll be paying to get into the restaurant, but having vouchers given to you to pay for food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I wouldn't really consider this a bargain alert considering the amount of money you need to spend once you're inside. It's a lovely setting in the Iveagh Gardens, but I was fairly annoyed by the whole deal last year

Advertisement