Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Modern Warfare matchmaking issues

• 16-04-2010 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭

Got mw2 3 days ago there and i have not been able to get into a single game. I can join mates games ok but never find any in matchmaking. It just searches for ages and nothing happens..

Someone was saying its because of the new maps and if i buy them i wont have any more issues... If this is true its a serious load of Bullsh*t! Buy a game and cant play online until you pay for new maps.

It was one of my mates who was sayin that he had problems before he got the maps and after it was grand...

Anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Could be the new maps. Could also by your nat type. If its not open you'll have major difficulties. I got rid of the game a week or two ago, never had difficulties finding matches until the new maps, so chances are if your nat is grand its definately the maps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

its probably a combination.
    Ive not got the maps.
    and
    it says ive a strict nat --

but i dont know why it says i have a strict NAT as i have all the ports forwarded.
    Have the 360 on a static ip, and have forwarded ports:
    on both tcp and udp.

and ive tried tons of combinations aswell. still strict nat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

Korvanica wrote: »
    its probably a combination.
    Ive not got the maps.
    and
    it says ive a strict nat --

but i dont know why it says i have a strict NAT as i have all the ports forwarded.
    Have the 360 on a static ip, and have forwarded ports:
    on both tcp and udp.

and ive tried tons of combinations aswell. still strict nat...
    dont you have a setting on your router that sets your nat level ? from low to moderate to strict? because i have ports forwarded a static ip set up but i still get a strict nat if i dont change the setting..............

nope.. and its seriously annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Alan_007_

Got mw2 3 days ago there and i have not been able to get into a single game. I can join mates games ok but never find any in matchmaking. It just searches for ages and nothing happens..

Someone was saying its because of the new maps and if i buy them i wont have any more issues... If this is true its a serious load of Bullsh*t! Buy a game and cant play online until you pay for new maps.

It was one of my mates who was sayin that he had problems before he got the maps and after it was grand...

Anyone else have this problem?
    I'm the same as you and I even bought the new maps.With the NAT settings,mine is set to open and I still can't find games.Kind of a joke alright though.

• Advertisement

it is yea. although it want too bad tonight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Korv man, defo your nat, as we've had problems connecting in the past on Halo. What ISP you with?

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Have you tried setting your firewall to low or off ?

Also there was an Xbox update last week which for some reason set all our Xboxes to Strict Nat on MW2 - went into system settings and restored factory defaults for network settings and that got them back to open.

Both worth a try.

Slugs im with smart.. and no matter what i try i cannot get my nat to open. Apparently its the router, Ive been googling around and apparently the Thomson TG585v7 is a cnut with xbox live. Lots of people have problems with them.

Ill try the reseting the settings to factory default and see what happens..

Also my firewall is at standard. But ive tested it with it set to off. It made no difference so i just put it back to standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Slugs im with smart.. and no matter what i try i cannot get my nat to open. Apparently its the router, Ive been googling around and apparently the Thomson TG585v7 is a cnut with xbox live. Lots of people have problems with them.

Ill try the reseting the settings to factory default and see what happens..

Also my firewall is at standard. But ive tested it with it set to off. It made no difference so i just put it back to standard.

Get yourself a Linksys WRT54GL wireless router. You can pick them up cheap now and then install linux firmware on them. I haven't looked back since putting tomato firmware on mine. Easy to use and customize. Highly recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

Check out this site.

http://www.xbox360forum.com/xbox-forum/threads/51908-How-To-Open-NAT.-xbox-360.

It worked for me Strict -> Open by using upto step 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Its volcanic ash thats causing it.

Advertisement