Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for someone to do my lawn

Options
  • 16-04-2010 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi there.
    I have a back garden totally overrun with weeds. I am after putting down Roundup and from there it is a case of starting afresh. (There was a lawn there before so I think it may be a case of just putting down topsoil and seed or roll-out).
    I don't have the time to do this myself and I'm wondering if there are any gardeners who would be interested in doing this. I am looking to do this as absolutely cheap as possible. Garden is about 20 x 20 (I think).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

I seriously doubt you will get someone to do it "cheap" for you, best bet is to just do it yourself or else get a few mates to help, slab of beer and all that craic. You'll have to clear all the weeds, dig it over taking out large stones, level it and sow or turf and that's if you don't run into any problems.
    Why not just make it a project, do a small bit each week, by the end of summer you should have everything perfect for sowing, that's what i would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blackharvester

hi. where you based? how big is your garden 20meters x 20m? is there any shrubs or tree in the garden? i am a gardener and I would be interested in doing this for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Humanhandz

Cheers guys.
    The ground should be stone-free as it was previously a lawn that went into neglect.
    I'm in Drimnagh, Dublin 12. The garden is about 20feet by 20feet (off the top of my head). There are no shrubs but there are two maturing trees. Blackharvester, if you want to send me a PM with your number I'll give you a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blackharvester

PM sent

Advertisement