Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dusty the Dolphin, White Strand - still there?

• 16-04-2010 3:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,047 ✭✭✭

I was wondering does any know if the dolphin is still hanging around White Strand?

Last time I saw her there was September, and I have a friend visiting from the US this weeked who'd like to see her, but someone told me she had moved down the coast.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

She was there recently, although she has been popping down to Spanish Point and joined a couple of us when surfing a few times over the past year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I was golfing with someone this evening and 1 of the lads was saying that he was surfing last Sunday and a dolphin joined him last Sunday,that launched a conversation about how Kerry have such better PR people than Clare, as well as the slagging that surely surfers shouldn't be golfers :),(didn't help that he had 2 eagles during the round)

You would be surprised by how many surfers golf! Especially the pros.

Sounds like Dusty / Orb / Fainne has gone back up to Fanore over the past week or so. Not sure that it would be good to prostitute her like Funghi, then again, she can always swim away when she wants to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ErickFP

Hi,
    I'l be around Clare in mid-July (2010) with my teenage daughters, I haven't told them anything about Dusty/Fainne/... but it'd be a dream come true if we could swim/play with her...

Any info where we can find her these days?

I know it might be very common for some of you, but to me it really isn't.

Go raibh mile maith agat,
    Erick

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

ErickFP wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'l be around Clare in mid-July (2010) with my teenage daughters, I haven't told them anything about Dusty/Fainne/... but it'd be a dream come true if we could swim/play with her...

Any info where we can find her these days?

I know it might be very common for some of you, but to me it really isn't.

Go raibh mile maith agat,
    Erick

I haven't seen her at White Strand (Miltown Malbay) recently!

• Advertisement

Up around fanore sometimes, othertimes back at White Strand. Cannot predict where she will be or when.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭JoJo_27

You can get information about her whereabouts and that of other dolphins around the irish coast on the Facebook page - Dolphin Days Ireland http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dolphin-Days-Ireland/220203875041?ref=ts
    Saw her last weekend when out on a boat near Fanore so that may be the area she chooses to summer in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

So is she at Fanore beach or is she in white strand or where exactly? (Well, I know you don't know exactly but where exactly should I look for her again?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

I am afraid Dusty is no more :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Hopefully the council won't catch on about dolphins. If they do they will fence off the land and build some kind of a sea world and charge us all to see them. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

Saw about 20 dolphins at loop head last weekend. Near the lighthouse about a 100 yards out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

sorry to drag up an older thread, but was down in Sp Point surfing in April, and there were at least 5 dolphins larking about in the water. I reckon between 5 and 10. Do they just travel up and down the coast of Clare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

no got drunk and now to be destroyed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Locked three year old thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement