Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House music Saturday nights in Revolution

• 16-04-2010 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi All,

Anyone been in to Revolution for the House nights yet?

Just want to know if it's any good?

Fish Go Deep in there this weekend, and I know they're quiet good, having seen them a few times in Cork... Just want to know if it's any good on a regular basis, some house nights can be really hit and miss.

Thanks!!
    C

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

haven't been myself as im living in sydney since before they started last summer, but believe they are really good ;) all my crowd go in there regularly, they wouldn't normally be ruby's - goers!

fish go deep never really disappoint either.........have seen them about 30 times all over the country and i havent tired of going to see them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

amybabes wrote: »
    haven't been myself as im living in sydney since before they started last summer, but believe they are really good ;) all my crowd go in there regularly, they wouldn't normally be ruby's - goers!

fish go deep never really disappoint either.........have seen them about 30 times all over the country and i havent tired of going to see them

revolution isnt rubys :D

aaaaaaaaaaa i read it wrong, was talking bout the small area in rubys where they're playing house music

revolution, rubys, masons, oxygen - i'd tar all those places with the same brush anyway - same faces always in there, same music, i bet things won't have changed one bit when i get home!! (only i'll feel so much older)

The night in the basement in revolution is called posh funk i believe, some of my buddies play at that :D has meant to be very good any night its been on so far

coming home in august for a few weeks, looking foward to a good boogie at posh funk when i get back!! (you can't beat the home scene) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I want to bash my head against the wall. Congratulations...you've summed up while this town has died. Same faces same same music. What a load of S HIT!!!!!

Snobbery of the highest order.

I want to bash my head against the wall. Congratulations...you've summed up while this town has died. Same faces same same music. What a load of S HIT!!!!!

Snobbery of the highest order.

don't really get your post? i've summed up while the town has died. don't see any snobbery there.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Tbf it is the same faces everywhere, it's not his fault for pointing it out abouttobebanned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

aaaaaaaaaaa i read it wrong, was talking bout the small area in rubys where they're playing house music

revolution, rubys, masons, oxygen - i'd tar all those places with the same brush anyway - same faces always in there, same music, i bet things won't have changed one bit when i get home!! (only i'll feel so much older)

The night in the basement in revolution is called posh funk i believe, some of my buddies play at that :D has meant to be very good any night its been on so far

coming home in august for a few weeks, looking foward to a good boogie at posh funk when i get back!! (you can't beat the home scene) :D

Amy to be honest, these places are commercial clubs, they will be playing the same music, they are not suddenly going to start banging out all the best of funky house, or they will be even more quiter than what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

Jesus, what am I after starting here!?! :p

Thanks for the replies anyways...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Amy to be honest, these places are commercial clubs, they will be playing the same music, they are not suddenly going to start banging out all the best of funky house, or they will be even more quiter than what they are.

revolution,(basement, republik) rubys (room 2,Get Down @ Room 2) masons (jack n chill) all have house nights running now at the moment. so yes they are banging out funky/deep house music

Jack n chill http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000130158379&ref=nf#!/event.php?eid=101319056578672&ref=mf

Republik
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000130158379&ref=nf#!/event.php?eid=106209786073233&ref=mf

Get down
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=106209786073233&ref=mf#!/event.php?eid=113017118724041&ref=ts

South I meant the main clubs areas, such as Rubys club and Escape not rubys room 2 or the basmeant bar.

• Advertisement

think u missed the point of my post.

was saying that all those places don't have much in differentiation, same thing different club/bar......... (despite them all being commercial, theres not much difference between them)

said nothing about the fact that they're not "banging out all the best of funky house"
    i know that that doesn't appeal to everyone! there are places to go if that's your thing

so anyway, my point being ..... anytime ive been to any of those places, its pretty much the same people sitting in the exact same places as the weekend before, same songs etc.
    not giving out about it, just that its the same old , u leave one bar to go to the club and its all the same people there who were in the bar before. nothing wrong with it, if thats what u like! personally i grew tired of "working 9 - 5" and the likes....could almost list the order they get played in rubys nearing the end of the night.

not being a snob however....... im sure ill make a revisit to them when i get home, and be swiftly reminded why i don't miss the same old thing on saturday nights!

cbmonstra wrote: »
    Jesus, what am I after starting here!?! :p

Thanks for the replies anyways...

haha i know, some people are a bit touchy!!

was simply trying to say ive heard good things about the night in revolution!

enjoy!

Ah yeah I agree with you there, same music being played, but I never heard 9 to 5 in a night club lol but thats the joys of a small city, your not missing much lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

About the same music in the same order, I remember in the olden days in Preachers it was:

slow set,
    summer of 69,
    brewing up a storm.
    bon jovi...

I met an american once and he said he was never in a place in Ireland that didn't play summer of 69.

Do they still play it?

No. Things have changed a lot.

But people are still tarring the venues with an old brush.

And the only time you might hear 9-5 in rubys is on a Tuesday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Anywhere playing techno / trance, or old skool (Fat Sams) music?

Only on certain nights gscully.

It's all about supply and demand. 80% of people who go out want to hear a mix of old skool and mainstream. Venues have to cater for this market.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

Ah yeah I agree with you there, same music being played, but I never heard 9 to 5 in a night club lol but thats the joys of a small city, your not missing much lol

:D After hearing 9 to 5 in Rubys a few times now,
    Btw, The Basement is a good spot for the dj nights, saw Ian Pooley there a while ago and it was great.

burkey85 wrote: »
    :D After hearing 9 to 5 in Rubys a few times now,
    Btw, The Basement is a good spot for the dj nights, saw Ian Pooley there a while ago and it was great.

well upto when i left last june, they still were playing the usual 9-5, summer of 69, come on eileen, livin on a prayer towards the later part of the night in rubys, sat nite incl.

saw ian pooley one new yrs eve (mite have been 05/06) in the forum - was a great night too. :D
    It's great that people try so hard to bring bands and djs to the town. I see the forum have had a few big things on lately (calvin harris, one republic.) who's organising that does anyone know?

MCD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

well upto when i left last june, they still were playing the usual 9-5, summer of 69, come on eileen, livin on a prayer towards the later part of the night in rubys, sat nite incl.

saw ian pooley one new yrs eve (mite have been 05/06) in the forum - was a great night too. :D
    It's great that people try so hard to bring bands and djs to the town. I see the forum have had a few big things on lately (calvin harris, one republic.) who's organising that does anyone know?

Was at that nye party too, one of the best nights i had in the forum

Advertisement