Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harpists @ Samuel Beckett Bridge today

• 16-04-2010 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭

248323F179C5497CAF35AB38425A61D3-800.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

CB5E0DF97B3D4D708DECBB853CDDCB2B-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

i'd love to have been there to see that today, thanks for sharing the photos :) was the music good??

A519C44A3C8F4652A567EE64C1C1426F-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,401 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Looks really good, lovely day for it, like the last one best with the bridge behind

The music was very soothing, pity they were not actually placed where you could get a good shot of the bridge in the background. Some of the pro togs moved a few of the musicians temporarily to catch the bridge too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Nice shots. Certainly something a little different going on, they picked a great day for it.

The bridge is like a giant Harp in the last pic, nice :)

Nice shots. Certainly something a little different going on, they picked a great day for it.

Thanks.
    www.lovelivemusic.ie for more events

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I believe the bridge is meant to look like a harp :rolleyes:

The bridge has been designed by the internationally acclaimed architect Dr. Santiago Calatrava Valls, who also designed the James Joyce Bridge. He has created a landmark structure with a curved profile leaning northwards. This dramatic shape gives the appearance of a harp lying on it’s side.

That said, nice set PixbyJohn, nice to see that sort of events popping up around Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

learn something new everyday.

I thought I was dead sharp with the observation lol

38AD7952D2CD454F8CCF155817F8E579-800.jpg

• Advertisement

C3A394968EBD4800A1D8F0C3068B7AD7-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Stunning set of photos John. You captured the mood so well and I'm only annoyed I wasn't there to see it.

Thanks for sharing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

DF4F7B054036427DA0AA2B6AF3C77D13-800.jpg

Was Brenda there?
    I can't see her in your pictures.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i like the one with the bridge behind alot, the others seem very cluttered tho

i like the one with the bridge behind alot, the others seem very cluttered tho

Didn't see her there

Thank you, Yes it was a bit crowded but I had no control over that. I was just a snapper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Saw The harpists photo in the Irish Times this morning and to be honest the shots uploaded by John are far better than the one printed in my opinion

Advertisement