Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Vandal Hearts... ... ... ... ... ...

• 16-04-2010 4:10pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I picked this up on XBLA. Its a strategy RPG in the japanese style of things. The game splits into two.... there is the walking around pressing A while characters with overly big eyes say [ ... ] a lot game, and then there is the real game which is a square based battle using up to 6 of your team versus various opposing teams. You move, shoot, attack and magic them all to death. Its actually very strategic and tactical not to mention HARD at times.

I'm really getting into it, if table top minitures battles were your thing, this is very much up that street (bizarre I know but there you are).

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

I created a thread about this in the JRPG forum. It's a fantastic little game. Try hunting down its two predecessors on the PS1 if you can. Such an under rated series.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I played the second one on PS1 and I got addicted but this is very very different. I love the tactical element of it and the game has put me on my ass twice already which always makes me sit up and take note of a game!

I'm currently stuck on the "accompanying the King" episode :(

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

I tried the demo, found it very intuitive, but what put me off is the amount of text in the game. Maybe it was because I was doing the tutorial, but too much text drives me insane.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

'Is it subtitled or is it dubbed father?'

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

There is a lot of "press A for the next speech bubble"... and it commits the heinous act of making you click through it again if you fail the mission.... nnngggghh....

Its the games biggest failing imho.... Its quite challenging when you are fighting lots of guys, you cant make any slip ups later in the game but on the other hand, I found it very easy to collect money and have always been kitted out in the top gear.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

Thanks OP - this sounds right up my street - i'll be givin it a lash this evening :D

Advertisement