Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xperia X10 O2 Connection Problems

Options
  • 16-04-2010 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

I recently moved from pay as you go to bill pay and I received my phone this morning. I kept my old number but the SIM card that I have is 10 years old (it's an Eset Digifone one) and I think this could be the problem.

I can call people so far without much trouble but the signal only shows one or two bars but when I put the SIM in my old phone it shows a full strength signal. It also has seems to have 'lost' all of the numbers that were on my SIM, which is very annoying.

My main issue though is I cannot connect to the internet or use any functions on the phone. When I check the status this is what it tells me:

My phone number
    Unknown

Network

O2 - IRL

Signal strength
    -105 dBm 4 asu

Mobile Network Type
    UMTS (this changed to EDGE earlier)

Service State
    In service

Mobile network state

Disconnected

Is this simply a SIM card issue or is there something else I need to do here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you cant connect to the internet its probably just a problem with settings as you should still have a gsm connecton, but you wont have a 3g connection as the sim is so old.
    Defo need to go to an o2 store to get a free replacement 3g sim to use the phone to is full potential.

Also the contacts are most likely still on sim, just the new phone isnt set to read the sim contacts, its probably displaying the phone memory instead. You should be able to change this in the settings. You would be be able to confirm they are still there by using another handset to check. Good luck :pac:

Advertisement