Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress uploading issue

Options
  • 16-04-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭

right so anything i upload won't upload

anyone know what the problem would be here?
    The uploaded file could not be moved to
    /home/username/domains/hostname/public_html/wordpress/wp-content.

that is what i get anytime i try to upload a video/theme/image

badger for anyone who can help, thanks

tried chmod'ing the folder wp-content to 777 and got this in filezilla:

vymof7.png

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I'm having the same problem too!

Did you design your site locally first before porting it to a live server? That's what I did and i'm almost sure thats where the problem is too, but I can't figure out the solution just yet.

I'd be interested in any replies you get!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

i have it working fine on a localhost server.. i'm thinking its a permissions issue but i honestly cant get it working having changed all the folders from 755 to 777 and back again :|

so annoying as I'm trying to get a wordpress portfolio online

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Just spent some more time over in the WP support site, going to have a try at a fix from the below post.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/253778/page/2?replies=39

On page 2, there is a post by TypecastFilms - going to have a go at that I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

problem might be that you changed the permissions using ftp you could be more sure if yoused the hosting companies file manager interface to change permissions of folders.

I have seen this on some sites that i have done.

Advertisement