Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CZ 527 or Remington 700

Options
  • 16-04-2010 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Im stuck on these two the CZ 527 synthetic or the Remington 700 sps, just wondering which lads thinl is better the pros and con ect.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Im stuck on these two the CZ 527 synthetic or the Remington 700 sps, just wondering which lads thinl is better the pros and con ect.

tikka;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭sharky0922

i have rem700, if you want to keep spending money on the rifle go with rem..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

I have a CZ 527, since putting on a decent scope i have decided its not for sale any more!!

Great reliable gun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Out of those two CZ

even though I have a Remmy :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Feidhlim
    CZ varmint for me. If you can get up to me from Cork you can take mine out for a test drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Ghost.

I agree with clivej,

I think CZ varmint is the way to go. You will not be disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭SpringerF

I will never buy a Remington gun again.

I will buy a CZ gun again.

Buying a remington is only the start of your troubles then you have to change the stock the barrel the trigger and have the action sorted ....have I left anything out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

SpringerF wrote: »
    I will never buy a Remington gun again.

I will buy a CZ gun again.

Buying a remington is only the start of your troubles then you have to change the stock the barrel the trigger and have the action sorted ....have I left anything out

The joy of a remington is thet One CAN CHANGE IT, So much options for after market.

And a little bird tells me there is a remington custom coming out of A secret location soon that will WOW

Remington is a platform where one can add to.
    Did you ever try rebarrel a CZ?:D

The horror of a remington is that One MUST CHANGE IT,
    Did you ever try rebarrel a CZ?:D

There fixed that for you.

In the Hunting situation, you wont have to re-barrel a CZ.

There fixed that for you.

In the Hunting situation, you wont have to re-barrel a CZ.

I'm a Hunter, i'm thinking of a rebarrel for my Bunny Rifle, I saw a rebarrelled remmy timber Serandero hunter Shiney barrel looked sweet.

It's in www.irelandcustomrifle.com workshop.
    Push the envelope of what a hunter is.
    CZ are designed to not be modified.
    Remmy can rebarrel, macmillon stock re trigger and loads of after market parts.

Although my Rifle is a varminter so the Purists will say I am not allowed post But the Hunter remmy I saw was Rebarrelled with a bull barrel and looked the bees knees

• Advertisement

Yea, everything LOOKs lovely.

My CZ and indeed my Sako will take anything I wish to take , off the shelf.

Yes I been down the road of the custom rifle.
    Yes I have been down the road of the bespoke shotgun.

The room I use here is adorned with photographs of shooting teams trophys and medals and of course dogs.

My point is, we are talking about hunting and the level of accuracy demanded is not the same as in target shooting.

Point taken a remington will do you.......... but...........there are far far better rifles out there,rifles that one can simply take from the shelf and enjoy your day shooting without all this unnecessary detail.

wondering would a better stock have made the animal drop on the spot or would that jewelled trigger made that rabbit run a foot less.

In all sincerity I find all this talk of blueing actions and AICS stocks and 1 in 9 twist rate versus 1 in 8 twist rate a little tiresome for the hunting situation.
    The manufacturer has already done all this work for you, just read what he says and go out and enjoy your day.

Anyhow while its admirable that we now have this Internet to tell us all what the Yanks are doing really it all comes down to whatever ammunition our local dealer has in stock on the day we go to buy it.

I just remember the first rifle I ever "produced" was a full auto 22, based I think on a Bingham.
    That was a very long time ago

I wish I had a spell checker.

Yea, everything LOOKs lovely.

My CZ and indeed my Sako will take anything I wish to take , off the shelf.

Yes I been down the road of the custom rifle.
    Yes I have been down the road of the bespoke shotgun.

The room I use here is adorned with photographs of shooting teams trophys and medals and of course dogs.

My point is, we are talking about hunting and the level of accuracy demanded is not the same as in target shooting.

Point taken a remington will do you.......... but...........there are far far better rifles out there,rifles that one can simply take from the shelf and enjoy your day shooting without all this unnecessary detail.

wondering would a better stock have made the animal drop on the spot or would that jewelled trigger made that rabbit run a foot less.

In all sincerity I find all this talk of blueing actions and AICS stocks and 1 in 9 twist rate versus 1 in 8 twist rate a little tiresome for the hunting situation.
    The manufacturer has already done all this work for you, just read what he says and go out and enjoy your day.

Anyhow while its admirable that we now have this Internet to tell us all what the Yanks are doing really it all comes down to whatever ammunition our local dealer has in stock on the day we go to buy it.

I wish I had a spell checker.
    I can't spell for sh1t
    I love hunting, been doing it on my own as a buddy since very young.
    I also like modifying as I can buy bits as i have the shillins
    trigger here, raised cheek piece there, new mounts here, re-crown there....

But most important part of my hunting is getting time these days, I try and get a min of 2-3 hours per week, bearing in mind out the back of the house hop the ditch I am hunting.

I like engineering and I also have only good eye sight in one eye so limited to hunting choice rifles

I do not buy lefty as i chop and change firearms a lot and want a good trade price, add ons help sell rifles in my experience.

I sold a Sako 75 in favour of a remmy VTR lol
    I had a ruger 10/22 folding stock 2x25 shot mags and a quick mag loader, i miss her so......
    Traded her for .223
    She was the buz around farm yards for cats rats and foxes 25-50. I dropped several foxes head shots in ambushes I had laid

I use expensive ammo but I like the results!:D
    In regards to AICS
    I nver used one bu they look nice, but like a hot young wan she might not be all she is cracked up to be

Mate of mine is a game keeper, he was give 75grn.223 as it was the cheapest, but as he uses a remmy its no good! As he is a hunter professionaly he needs accuracy and consistency, he shoots a Remmy .223 ;)

Well good for him.

You dont know this but because of you and 2 more people I went out today and blew my daughters inheritance on a shooting accessory.

So there yaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Well good for him.

You dont know this but because of you and 2 more people I went out today and blew my daughters inheritance on a shooting accessory.

Nonono!

You reinvested it! :p*

*I disclaim all responsibility when you try and sell this to your missus and have your head pulled clean off your shoulders.

Well good for him.

I doubt that anybody listens to me on this, most just contradict me :D:D:D:D:D
    Anyway, going to bed now up at 6am:(:(:(
    Shooting Wabbits Sunday morning :D:D:D:D:D

No sir not contradict, just healthy debate.

I suspect you know quite a lot about firearms.

remember, what takes a life time to aquire but yet one cannot give away.

My first memory of of being on a firing range was when I was about 7 years old when I was taken to Kilworth by my Father,God rest his soul, and it was to develope into a life long passion. there I was put into the safe hands of an NCO while my Father went about his business.I remember he took me and showed how the butts fuctioned, brought me to the firing line and stood behind me with his hands over my ears, lest I be frightened, he fed me chicken sandwiches laced with mustard, I love mustard today,and yes when things were quiet I did get a shot.

We had no spell checkers then either
    We had no legal eagles
    Everybody had a girlfriend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

clivej wrote: »
    Feidhlim
    CZ varmint for me. If you can get up to me from Cork you can take mine out for a test drive.

Nice what goes around comes around ;), well done CJ

CZ won't disappoint!!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

Feidhlim

ill be giving you a call next time im up to see my granny in killkenny city

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

i put a deposit down on a cz 527 synthetic .223 today, application going in tomorrow so the foxes better watch out come autumn

No sir not contradict, just healthy debate.

I suspect you know quite a lot about firearms.

remember, what takes a life time to aquire but yet one cannot give away.

My first memory of of being on a firing range was when I was about 7 years old when I was taken to Kilworth by my Father,God rest his soul, and it was to develope into a life long passion. there I was put into the safe hands of an NCO while my Father went about his business.I remember he took me and showed how the butts fuctioned, brought me to the firing line and stood behind me with his hands over my ears, lest I be frightened, he fed me chicken sandwiches laced with mustard, I love mustard today,and yes when things were quiet I did get a shot.

We had no spell checkers then either
    We had no legal eagles
    Everybody had a girlfriend

My Ma used to stay GUNS ARE DANGEROUS and tried to stop me going out with my dad shooting, Nobody discouraged my dad so he gave up, Whereas i was all the more determined :D
    Kilworth is a wonderful place, I had the Luxury of viewing it from an AW139
    http://www.military.ie/aircorps/fleet/aw139/index.htm
    last summer. I never saw a deer there though, I was face first with them in South tipp yest, The Girlfriend was with me and much impressed by them.

First time I fired a pistol was in Carna, I picked up the Commandants shells and he let me empty a clip into the 20 yard.

Yer Da must have been an Officer as all NCO's and men get is Bully Beef and Hang sangages:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Aw more war stories :p

Fond memories of Kilworth myself. Don't get there as much as I used to, poxy cutbacks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

I been asking on other forums about the 700 and the concensus is positive. They shoot straight and are good value. My dealer, who I'm sure doesn't mind what rifle he sells me, and he knows his sh_t, recommends it over T3 Lite (I want 20" barrel). These rifles been around a long time, couple hundred thousand peeps can't be all wrong.

I been asking on other forums about the 700 and the concensus is positive. They shoot straight and are good value. My dealer, who I'm sure doesn't mind what rifle he sells me, and he knows his sh_t, recommends it over T3 Lite (I want 20" barrel). These rifles been around a long time, couple hundred thousand peeps can't be all wrong.

I won't dis a Tikka Fine rifle, just not me.
    But yes Remington 700 is the most common rifle in the world, so easy get parts
    Reliable and you can change everything on it easily.
    If you prefer a lighter trigger no problem, new barrel no problem, new stock no problem.

Or just keep it as is, it will serve you well and resale well.

Let us know how you get on, and make sure you try out Hornady Moly first in her, then go cheaper if needs be, test with the best factory available

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

i put a deposit down on a cz 527 synthetic .223 today, application going in tomorrow so the foxes better watch out come autumn

Con grats on the new purchase, hope your license comes quickly for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Con grats on the new purchase, hope your license comes quickly for you.

Ah yes the shooters blessing.

fishermen say "Tight lines"

Shooters say " may your licence come quickly"

what a state of affairs!:(

Advertisement