Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sell for Scrap...advice please

Options
  • 16-04-2010 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi Guys

I have a 01 Golf Comfortline 1.4 which looks absolutely perfect on the outside but the engine is totally screwed!!!

My question is, is there anywhere that I might get a few quid for it for bodywork parts?

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Is it just engine or is all the mechanical stuff bad?
    If its just a blown engine, Im sure you would find a home for the complete car for a few hundred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

ebay, donedeal, buy and sell...its worth loads wven with a duff engine...advertise it whole or better still , part it out yourself....DONT give it to a scrapyard, you'll be robbing yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 alycat05

mickdw wrote: »
    Is it just engine or is all the mechanical stuff bad?
    If its just a blown engine, Im sure you would find a home for the complete car for a few hundred
    it needs a whole new engine and isn't in driveable condition. It's in the garage at the moment but I just dont know what to do next to get rid of it. But the interior and exterior all look perfect so it seems a waste jsut to give it to a scrap yard.
    I might advertise it on the internet (donedeal maybe?) How much would i get do you reckon for a non-driving golf??

alycat05 wrote: »
    it needs a whole new engine and isn't in driveable condition. It's in the garage at the moment but I just dont know what to do next to get rid of it. But the interior and exterior all look perfect so it seems a waste jsut to give it to a scrap yard.
    I might advertise it on the internet (donedeal maybe?) How much would i get do you reckon for a non-driving golf??

Ya but at least if its just the engine, that can be fixed in one go with a second hand engine.
    Alternatively, if someone has a damaged golf, yours would be very useful for either body panels or else for them to swap engine into. Whats it worth? I dont really know but at a guess over €500 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

You could get a lot by just selling it for parts.
    You could sell the lights, wheels, seats, steering, body panels, doors, pretty much everything. You can put one part at a time on ebay.

And with the busted engine you could build yourself one of these:
    engine_coffee_table.jpg

:D

• Advertisement

A 4 cylinder engine wouldnt look so good as a table though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

mickdw wrote: »
    A 4 cylinder engine wouldnt look so good as a table though

Maybe like a small side table to accompany a V12 table...
    You could use your imagination and some creativity!!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

alycat05 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I have a 01 Golf Comfortline 1.4 which looks absolutely perfect on the outside but the engine is totally screwed!!!

My question is, is there anywhere that I might get a few quid for it for bodywork parts?

Any advice would be appreciated :)

PM sent

Advertisement