Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rumour of new eu law for mackerel fishing with a rod

Options
  • 16-04-2010 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭

I just heard off a friend who was talking to someone earlier on, that the eu are brining in some new law, where you can only catch so many mackerel with a rod.Anyone hear anything similar?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

no but did go to buy some this week to be told I'd have to wait 2 weeks as the Irish have fished their quota and the shops are now waiting on delivery from Europe

wtf!! we'll probably end up buying our own fish back from Spanish trawlers fishing our waters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Elevator wrote: »
    no but did go to buy some this week to be told I'd have to wait 2 weeks as the Irish have fished their quota and the shops are now waiting on delivery from Europe

wtf!! we'll probably end up buying our own fish back from Spanish trawlers fishing our waters
    Just goes to show that our country is a joke.... This super power ****e is starting to get to me now, big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

I want to buy Irish mackeral from the local fish mongers who in turn are supplied by irish trawlers!!

and if I can't I am ****ed if I'll have someone tell me to stop fishing them along the coast

next they'll be telling us we need a licence to own a tv!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

A quota for Mackeral taken on a rod? What a fcuking joke.
    In the whole scheme of things I would expect the total percentage of mackeral caught on rods to be minimal in relation to those caught in nets by the various fleets that fish our waters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

there is more good dead fish thrown off trawlers ever year than we would catch in twenty

• Advertisement
Advertisement