Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why was my thread closed?

Options
  • 16-04-2010 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

I started a thread titled 'the george turns 25' in After Hours today. Suddenly after 15 replies the thread has been closed with absolutely no reason given. Is this the policy of Boards? The thread was started off the back of an article by the same title in today's Irish Times. It was also to be used to discuss how far we have come in 25 years in our attitudes. Unfortunately due to the actions of a mod that discussion cannot now take place. Why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Blobby George

How long does it take to get a reply on this site, usually?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Apologies, there's a lot going on at the moment and being the weekend there are fewer admins around.

The normal course of action is for you to PM the mod who closed the thread and ask why. If you're not happy with the response, you can then contact a CMod (AlmightyCushion / kbannon / trout) who will look into it for you. If after that you're still not happy, please come back to this thread and an admin will review the issue.

Zaph, As I was saying in my OP there, no reason was given for the close of the thread, no moderator note. Therefore I don't know who closed the thread. On the face of it this seems very authoritarian and rude. Is this normal policy with closed threads?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Some mods add a note when closing a thread, some don't. There's no official policy regarding this, it's all down to the mod's own posting style. In this case the mod who losed the thread was The Master, so it might be worth PMing him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

User PM'd about this, reason for lock was posted via mobile but dosen't seem to have appeared

• Advertisement

The PM from then mod told me I'd be better off posting the thread in the lesbian and gay forum, which leads me to believe there is an attitude of keep it away in it's own corner away from the busy After Hours traffic. Quite a disgusting and discriminatory stance I must say.

I made a post on this thread earlier today. Why hasn't it been approved?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

It had slipped down the page and we approve them as soon as we can.

I've never seen an attitude of "gayness in its own corner" or homophobia from any of the AH forum mods. I suspect you're interpreting the message in a manner that wasn't intended but neither are things we support on the site.

As Zaph said, your next port of call if you're unhappy with the mod response is to contact one of the cmods, whom he listed above. Personally I'd PM the mod to clarify as I very much doubt that is what was meant but that's up to you.

Maybe I was being a little over sensitive. I would hate to see gay issues being tucked away in their own dark corner. Even if some of the posts were a little off topic at least matters were being discussed.

*cough*

• Advertisement
Advertisement